• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Just did a 10k today with my sister. I run a lot and the 10k should have been easy for me. So when I get to around 2.5 miles I feel something is amiss with my stomach. And slowly the feeling of having to poop starts to emerge from my butt. The next bathroom was in 2 miles and I needed to poop badly by mile 3. It was absolutely brutal and I barely made it to the toilet. Ended up adding another 20-30 minutes to my finish time as I had to walk to the nearest bathroom.

What about y'all got any stories on your encounters with this oh so terrible feeling on your runs?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I can't even imagine what a bathroom looks like along a marathon path.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hate it when I gotta take a shit right after I finished showering. That's the worse....
*scrolls up*

lmao,
I see I'm not the only one.

Oct 25, 2017
Amateur.
Mkfdry0.jpg

OP
OP
Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Pooping is so useless. There must be a better way
Yup

I hate it when you have a shower THEN you have to defecate.
Yup

Gurgle gut while running is the absolute worst.
Yup

I hate when I am doing literally ANYTHING and I realize I need to poop.
YUP

Did you eat a lot before this run? Try taking Imodium
Not much more than usual I just made an amateurish mistake and forgot to go to the bathroom before the 10k started. And I didn't bring any Imodium cause I was like "eh it's a 10k I don't think I'll need it this round"... If only I knew how wrong I was.

I can't even imagine what a bathroom looks like along a marathon path.
I assure you that it is a sight nobody should ever see.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hate knowing i need to poop but it isnt ready yet and then you go to work, and then it wants to come out but you cant so you sit there more reserved and sluggish than you want to be

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
It's awful. Which is why I always poop before I run. And it just so happens that I always have to poop right before I run.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
the best solution is to program yourself to poop in the morning BEFORE taking your morning shower.

like this, you spend the rest of your day without a load

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can't say this has ever happened to me, I try to always have a set time to poop, somewhat before a shower.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's awful. I usually only run for 30 min but twice last week I had this happen to me at about the halfway point. It makes for a really terrible time.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I'm a hiker/backpacker, so yeah, having to poop is a pain in the ass, mostly because it requires I pack a trowel with me on longer trips. Haha. Dig those catholes.