• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It's good because it's the sort of things (some) brothers/friends would say. It felt natural and real, just two guys talking shit.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it's like in your family, but I can't say I've ever discussed the length and/or girth of my penis with my brother. Let alone in direct comparison to his. I never realized this was a common, human thing to do.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I agree OP.

DmC has better writing and dialogue than anything Devil May Cry series produced. This is a testament to that.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there-was-an-attempt-21423151.png

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I'm actually sad that this reboot never had a sequel.
What a game..

I just wish they had dropped the "Eva was an Angel" angle and let this be a game that pseudo-fit in the timeline like two years before DMC3, or something.

I like seeing Dante and Vergil work together, and then their paths diverging.

And I do really think that people ignore the midnight movie kitsch value of this game; something that hinges a bit more on vulgarity than straight-up mugging for the camera (I'm really thinking They Live, Hobo with a Shotgun, Shoot Em Up, Repo Man type stuff moreso than Army of Darkness, Hudson Hawk, or Big Trouble in Little China).

This game occupies a weird niche, but a niche that I really dig. It's a nice break from mainline DMC titles, but doesn't scale things back quite to a No More Heroes extent.

RedFury

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I finally get it. I thought you guys were trolling but you guys think its "good" in a so bad it's good kinda way right?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big fan of DmC but I agree with you OP. It was dumb, fun, light banter between edgy brothers.

I totally get disliking everything else about DmC, but Big Dick Vergil is the highpoint of the whole experience. It's a dumb line that's so unexpected from a game that is otherwise so painfully earnest in its adolescent "SHUT UP, MOOOOM!" tone. Every other line Vergil says is just cliched villain dross or plain exposition, so you can't help but giggle when he finally grows a personality for half a second.
Yep, this.

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
Nah man, the only good line is when the fat enemy appears (the Tyrant) and Donte immediately says "WHO INVITED YOU, FAT ASS!"

Truly shakespearen!