• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing the game now and I've gotten my first skill. I'm definitely enjoying it a lot already and this is only early game.

There are a few things that remain unknown yet and I have questions about that.

1- can I get back to the previously visited areas? There are already areas that I know I haven't fully explored yet but I seem to be progressing in the story.

2- when I get killed I lose all my souls but it seems I can't get the back?

3- this is the one I really want to know. What is that blue stuff? A big light blueish blob thing. You destroy it and you pick the remains up and a few of your health icons become blue. What does this mean?

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1. Yes. You'll have to revisit areas throughout the game. It's a full Metroidvania.
2. Go back to where you died and defeat your "shadow".
3. It's temporary extra health. Useful for boss fights.

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
I mean it works best if you carry your questions into the game ... you can trust it to answer them in due course!
Having said that I'm playing through now and am not holding back from some careful Googling.

1. Yes, definitely
2. Like Dark Souls - you have one shot to return to your 'bloodstain' and recover your Geo (money). You have to defeat a shadow version of yourself. It's marked on the map so you know where to go. If you die again before you get there, the shade moves to the location of your new death - and only holds the Geo you were carrying when you died the second time. Worth noting - you can save on a bench while en-route.
3. It's just a temporary bonus - occasionally useful to carry into a dangerous location or fight.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
My biggest surprise of all the games I played last year. Didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Since all your questions were already answered, I'm here just to say that Hollow Knight is one of the best games of all time.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
MosquitoSmasher
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the praise for this game is real, so I just had to get it, especially when it was on sale. Having recently finished Wonder Boy this is the perfect game to go for next. I'm really starting to appreciate Metroidvania games.