• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's a real thing. Even more weird is when I started seeing patterns in the real world after playing The Witness.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yes many times after playing Tetris for long periods. Or any puzzle game really.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had it last night. As I was laying down to go to sleep I was playing tetris in my mind and thinking of the different geometric shapes that pop up based on how I place the blocks.

Hopefully it's some type of tetris mental training but holy god am I garbo at tetris. I had to knock it down to beginner on the later levels, and even then i'm failing on quite a few of them.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
ZC7Hv0H.gif

i had tetris dreams after my first playthrough of tetris effect.

What a fucking tease haha. I need to see those blocks erase.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
There were suppose to be a documentary about that... but turn out to showing the best tetris player in America, it was amazing !

Ecstasy of Order, can help you understand that tetris effect. I think.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
That Gif doesn't bother me. Now if the bock was rotated blocking the empty column, then I would rage.

On topic, I am also seeing blocks in my sleep.

Oct 27, 2017

Absolutely disgusting, ban this guy mods

you are the worst person

i hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you

I'm calling the cops

Username checks out.

This gif ruined my day lol

I've never seen a first post slay the early thread this hard lol. It's such a fitting gif.

You have ruined my day and my disappointment is immesurable. It's only 5am.

You evil bastard.

CHAPELLE SHOW SHOUTOOOOUT! \o/

This is definitely going to fuck with my sleep.

Reported for offensive material.

I really can't stand this horror.gif
What's with the overreaction? Seriously?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i´ve played Tetris Effect for 7 hours straight last weekend, i had no "Tetris Effect" at all...the last time i had something like this was Dark Souls Remastered, i was going through the map in my mind...

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I never had this with anything gaming related, but it happens to me every time I try to learn a new song on a guitar.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Candy Crush and similar mobilen games. I had dreams where i was playing this game non stop. Uninstalled it those dreams disappeared in just two days.

That gif is amazing!!!

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I had this Saturday night. I was editing that 46 minute Tetris video all day long capturing like 30 versions of Tetris and...it took me hours to fall asleep and all I could think about was placing Tetris blocks. It was...not that pleasant.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have also "suffered" the Tetris effect since Tetris Effect came out but I like it because things work out just fine in my head and I'm such a scrub at actual Tetris in real life (but I can't stop playing Tetris Effect anyway).

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Not with Tetris, but after playing Puzzle Quest games for a while, I see "gameplay" when I close my eyes. It can get kinda annoying

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
I know exactly what you're going through, OP. I had that with Game Boy Tetris. Didn't give me true sleep problems but it was so weird.