• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have such a severe fear of vomit I have been in and out of hospital constantly for 4 years because I stop eating. Last time this happened I had scurvy, was internally bleeding from malnourishment and needed book transfusions and had to get a feeding tube. AMA!

Sweetjebus

Oct 25, 2017
That's rough, I knew one guy too with that condition.
Is there something you really like to eat?

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never heard of this. Is it fear of vomiting, the vomit itself, or a combination?

OP
OP
Djkhaled

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's rough, I knew one guy too with that condition.
Is there something you really like to eat?
I would nearly kill for a chicken schnitzel. I haven't eaten anything nice for 4 years now I eat the blandest food possible and it's the same food every day with no variety. It's painful.

Probably the nicest thing I eat is cornflakes and milk for breakfast and it's really not that good.

OP
OP
Djkhaled

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never heard of this. Is it fear of vomiting, the vomit itself, or a combination?
It's the act of doing it. I think it's just the fear of losing control. I'm terrified of it. The lead up to throwing up is probably the most terrifying thing I can think of and I'd prefer to die.

But it's different for everyone with the condition. Some people are afraid of looking at it, others it's a combo. Some people can't even say the word they are so scared.

Sweetjebus

Oct 25, 2017
Get that chicken scnhitzel then! Or something else that you can eat and is nutritious enough. Getting nourished enough is the most important thing I feel but of course you know that.

OP
OP
Djkhaled

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Get that chicken scnhitzel then! Or something else that you can eat and is nutritious enough. Getting nourished enough is the most important thing I feel but of course you know that.
Oh I know. It's just overwhelming fear. Like beyond belief. I get the food in front of me and no matter how hungry I am I just get a sense of impeding doom over me that if I eat it I will throw up. I'm addicted to benzos now because it was the only way to calm down enough to eat. I was on lots of other meds but nothing worked.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
Are you in therapy? CBT typically has good potential for phobias. That you've gotten addicted to benzo doesn't sound good at all, are you getting any help with that? That could get really bad if you don't.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I would nearly kill for a chicken schnitzel. I haven't eaten anything nice for 4 years now I eat the blandest food possible and it's the same food every day with no variety. It's painful.

Probably the nicest thing I eat is cornflakes and milk for breakfast and it's really not that good.
This sounds so depressing. Are you doing any CBT? Hopefully, you can get back to more pleasurable foods.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Did you never have diarrhea so badly you wished it came out the other direction to spare your poor pooper?

Oct 27, 2017
Did you try chewing gum?

I dont have your disease, however once i had this severe stomache ache that lasted a year. It also gave me the sense of 'crap i'm gonna vomit'. But by chewing gum in between stuff i trained my stomach i feel. It just felt good. I would chew gum 5min after a meal, i felt like it helped my digestion. I'm not a doctor of course but it helped me mentally for sure

OP
OP
Djkhaled

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are you in therapy? CBT typically has good potential for phobias. That you've gotten addicted to benzo doesn't sound good at all, are you getting any help with that? That could get really bad if you don't.

I'm very very rural Australia so my closest help is hours away and I can't even leave my house due to anxiety so I can't get anywhere to get help.

This sounds so depressing. Are you doing any CBT? Hopefully, you can get back to more pleasurable foods.

Are you in treatment?

I was involuntarily put in an eating disorder clinic over a year ago but was let out when I didn't fit under their criteria because I knew I was underweight and needed to gain weight. So I didn't get much help. But otherwise, I'm too far away to get any CBT.

Did you never have diarrhea so badly you wished it came out the other direction to spare your poor pooper?

Nope. Would take diarrhea any day.

Did you try chewing gum?

I dont have your disease, however once i had this severe stomache ache that lasted a year. It also gave me the sense of 'crap i'm gonna vomit'. But by chewing gum in between stuff i trained my stomach i feel. It just felt good. I would chew gum 5min after a meal, i felt like it helped my digestion. I'm not a doctor of course but it helped me mentally for sure

That's actually something I might try.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you ever smoke weed? I know it's very different, and admittedly I've never heard of this phobia before, but I know someone who is anorexic and has had some success with dabbing.

Btw I think it's pretty amazing how open you are. I imagine it takes a lot of strength to be so candid. Hats off to you.

OP
OP
Djkhaled

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do you ever smoke weed? I know it's very different, and admittedly I've never heard of this phobia before, but I know someone who is anorexic and has had some success with dabbing.

Btw I think it's pretty amazing how open you are. I imagine it takes a lot of strength to be so candid. Hats off to you.
I went through a period not long after this fear started where I was smoking weed daily and I was eating well had no nausea and was happy for once. I stopped for some reason and I went downhill and ended up in hospital, then I started on benzos and now I'm addicted. I wish I just stuck with weed but now for some reason I am too scared to try smoking it again because it might make me nauseous even though I know it won't. Just irrational fear that it will.

OP
OP
Djkhaled

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just realised it's about to hit 5 years since this started. It's hard to not just kill myself and end the misery.

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User permanently banned: Telling suicidal user to "fuck off"
Why don't all of you just fuck off to /r/iama or /r/casualama where you belong?

Status
Not open for further replies.