• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Been seeing a psychologist since I was 4. Have been diagnosed currently with Major Depressive Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and Autism Spectrum Disorder. I've tried to kill myself 8 times and have been in a mental hospital or psychiatric ward 3 times.

OP
OP
Empyrean Cocytus

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

Pretty good, all things considered. While my latest cocktail of medications didn't start out so well, leading to my most recent suicide attempt/hospital stay, it seems to have leveled off. I'm currently on 80mg of Fluoxitene (Prozac) and 25mg of Atomoxine (Strattera, an ADHD medication. It's the only one that works for me since it's an anti-depressant. Most are stimulants, which for me are like treating a crack addict with crack)

Deleted member 7430

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried fuloxetine for a period. Made me cry all the time and get super emotional. Does that happen to you?

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
I'm on fluoxetine and epilim for depression and anxiety.

The epilim makes me lethargic as heck though.

OP
OP
Empyrean Cocytus

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I tried fuloxetine for a period. Made me cry all the time and get super emotional. Does that happen to you?

It depends on the dosage. It would happen off and on at 40mg, really got bad at 60mg, and 80mg was fine for a time until I got super low as I talk about above. It's leveled out now, but it's definitely a tricky med to regulate.

how long you stay in the ward for? how was it?
I went to one too. I fucking hated it.

One stay I was in for 5 days in high school. It wasn't that great, I basically spent the first two days crying in my room and not eating, but slowly turned myself around. My most recent stay was only a day but it was pretty much hell, high security hospital wing. I wasn't allowed to bring in anything, no clothes, books, etc, and I could have next to zero outside contact and it was all timed and monitored. I was basically left in there with my own mind, which is a very dangerous thing for me as usually activity can stave off dark thoughts until I get triggered. Now I know what prison feels like.

woodcutter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nj
It depends on the dosage. It would happen off and on at 40mg, really got bad at 60mg, and 80mg was fine for a time until I got super low as I talk about above. It's leveled out now, but it's definitely a tricky med to regulate.

One stay I was in for 5 days in high school. It wasn't that great, I basically spent the first two days crying in my room and not eating, but slowly turned myself around. My most recent stay was only a day but it was pretty much hell, high security hospital wing. I wasn't allowed to bring in anything, no clothes, books, etc, and I could have next to zero outside contact and it was all timed and monitored. I was basically left in there with my own mind, which is a very dangerous thing for me as usually activity can stave off dark thoughts until I get triggered. Now I know what prison feels like.
I think it's worse than prison. It changed me I can tell you that. If you want feel free to pm me. We can talk. I'm here for you buddy.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
You and I basically have the same diagnoses, which is a little eerie.

Status
Not open for further replies.