• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Was going through my google drive documents and I happened to find a document all the way at the bottom titled "vanquish and vampires".

Yes....it was a fanfiction I wrote 10 years ago......of this
vanquish.jpg

and this
Rosario_Vampire_Serie_de_TV-852046789-large.jpg

My god, I nearly died of cringe reading through that again. What in the name was my younger self doing.

Era don't do what I did, bury that shit in the past and never look back

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
i nodded at the thread title since, as I type, I'm, capturing old movies I made on VHS in the 90s.
Then I saw you had these on Google docs and spat out my warm milk all over my dressing gown and slippers.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Worst thing I wrote was a gamefaq, so kinda boring. Good thing too, I don't wanna be awake at 1am in the morning and remember I wrote something with 15 year old me banging Tifa.

Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
I wrote fan-fiction for friends because I was a decent writer. I never wrote anything for myself because I thought it was stupid.
I used to hate the idea of shows like Death Battle because I think mixing universes seems stupid to me. Though I did come around only because I like the research they do, it's sometimes neat.

But yeah, Fan fiction is cringe and I hope to never see any of the shit I was convinced to write.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I've never written a fanfic - should I write one so I have something to be embarrassed about a decade from now???

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I wrinkle my face at the fanfictions I wrote last year. I shudder to think of what my writing quality was as a 13 year old.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I wrote a Halo fanfic for an English class assignment shortly after its release in the early 2000s. Didn't go over well.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I wrote like 6 chapters of a Pokemon fanfic, where Pokemon were unleashed into the real world. The main character was clued in, and in order to help save the world from the people who unleashed the Pokemon, he was allowed to train and transfer a team of six Pokemon from his copy of Emerald. I remember writing that he thought legendaries were cheap and edgy, so he was too cool to use any of them. I posted it back on the old NSider forums. A few people liked it, lol.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Fanfic or original content, this is my reaction to what teenager me wrote back then. Hell, my first original content was a mix of Lord of the Rings, Bleach, Warcraft...

9jUP.gif

I still don't know why I keep that crap.

Might take a peek...

Edit: nope, I can't. I'm dying of embarrassment right now.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019
I was more of a drawer lol. I still have my old drawings too in storage back with fam. Never to be seen by the eyes of another again.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the main difference between the embarrassing stuff I drew as a teenager and the embarrassing stuff I draw today is I get paid for it now

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Years ago I found some lyrics for songs I wrote for my imaginary punk band. They got trashed so quick.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I wrote like 6 chapters of a Pokemon fanfic, where Pokemon were unleashed into the real world. The main character was clued in, and in order to help save the world from the people who unleashed the Pokemon, he was allowed to train and transfer a team of six Pokemon from his copy of Emerald. I remember writing that he thought legendaries were cheap and edgy, so he was too cool to use any of them. I posted it back on the old NSider forums. A few people liked it, lol.
This would actually be a dope ass alternate game though.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Don't worry about it OP. At least you were writing stuff. My dumbass just imagined a whole bunch of shit but I never had the creativity to put pen to paper.

Ceerious

Oct 27, 2017
Asian
I've lost my first masterpiece but I remember it was a crossover between Saint Seiya and The Record of Lodoss War.

Oct 29, 2017
I had too much ego to use someone else's characters, but I was ripping-off everything for sure. Stealing the prose, the vocabulary, you name it.

Jean Valjean

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't dig up ANYTHING you did as a teen if you want to remain somewhat sane.

What's in the past is in the past. Like that old philosopher said: "hakuna matata".

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
My old fanfic were just generic romance shoujo manga stories but with gender flipped so the protagonists were shy unremarkable boys being harassed into a romance by older more proactive girls.

I'm not ashamed at all.

MR2

Apr 14, 2022
Members should anonymously post their fan fics for the entertainment of all.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have old GameFaq's reviews that I wrote that just make me want to die.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I had the stupid idea to try and write a comic like 10 years ago and I'm embarrassed just thinking about it. I still had some good concepts and an incredible artist but some of the ideas would've never worked. It was supposed to be like Berserk or Chainsaw Man with a female main character but I couldn't write women for shit. The artist was my girlfriend at the time and I should've just let her write it.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Can't help but notice that nobody has posted one of their fanfics for us to read. You know you saved some of them.

Share it with the class.

We don't judge.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
no judgement, but yeah, i never crossed over in fanfiction, either reading or writing. however, being in my late 30s and having existed in a variety of adjacent communities in my youth ive certainly written plenty of original work thats just as, if not more so, worthy of cringe.

case in point, reading old LiveJournal entries and comment threads from the early 2000s when id be talking with my online girlfriend.

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
The world needs to know what would happen if Barney the Dinosaur found himself in Jurassic Park.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I didn't write fanfiction but I did spend a lot of time RPing on some old forums when I was 13. A lot of it still exists but luckily for me it's stuck on an obscure site that less than 50 people even knows exists.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I deleted mine long ago. I took the Axem Rangers, a parody of the Power Rangers from Super Mario RPG, and created a series where the tropes are played straight, creating 6 teenagers (including the first female and purple sixth Ranger) who defended Dallas, Texas from Valentina, Booster, and other threats from other dimensions.

The world needs to know what would happen if Barney the Dinosaur found himself in Jurassic Park.

Weird Al's got that covered: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Is someone gonna post one of their fan fics or what.

Post the .doc. We will all calmly judge you.