• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I used to have baseless hate for avocado/guacamole up until just like 2 years ago at most. I used to think it was gross.

I have no idea what was wrong with me lol.

I love it now. Saw the light.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hate it. MUCHO

Taste like soap. I blame millennials, fight me.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Plain-ass avocado *is* kinda tasteless.That's why you add salt and spice on it.

Or do yourself a favor and just get your avocado in Guac form.

Problem solved.

Kate-Yelkovan

Jun 24, 2019
Come to the US and try avocado toast, OP.

California-Avocado-Toast-Three-Ways
This. Avocado toast on good bread with some seasoning is really good, and I consider myself a super picky eater.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
You DO NOT eat a whole avocado by itself OP, it is supposed to add to the plate you're actually eating.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Raw avocados are the nastiest shit known to man. Cook them and throw them in a sandwich and it is the food of the gods.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have to nominate this as the worst thread of the year. How can you not love avocados?

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's regional but it's amazing to me how many people are only recently discovering avocados. To me, they were pretty much mainstream long before anyone associated them with millennials.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's regional but it's amazing to me how many people are only recently discovering avocados. To me, they were pretty much mainstream long before anyone associated them with millennials.

It's weird to me too. But I'm in the US so the biggest exporter is next door and NAFTA blew those doors wide open when I was a kid.

I guess it's the same as any food. Remember, Italian was "weird and new" at one time, same as Texmex, Chinese, sushi, etc.

Finding sushi as a kid was a rarity, now I can get it from a couple dozen places within a short distance. Though, sadly, my favorite place I'd been going to for a decade shut down...

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
If you're just gonna eat the avocado itself, try adding a little bit of soy sauce, it's nice. Also make sure it's ripe.

But really it tastes best when it's on something.... sandwich, tortilla, in a salad, lots of ways.

Oct 27, 2017
My son is a heretic like yourself. He tried once and fell from the path.

I shall pray for your soul OP as I pray for his.

like, they're seriously yummy... come on! WTF!

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
Avocados in the states are sad and pathetic. I went to Peru and the avocado there was on a whole other level, and I imagine other regions of the world they are even better.