• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
My phone (Xiaomi Mi A1) has an IR blaster and it's been a fucking blessing. I love being able to turn down the volume of TVs that have it extremely high, or just turning them off lol. It's great.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This kind of thing only ever goes well.
DxDl_UNUYAA_v4s.jpg
WTF, Vicki.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I always wondered if people hated people using their driveways as a pull thru turn around. Can't see how you'd be upset at someone being in your drive way for a split second but I guess.
At least in my old drive way the car headlights at night would shine into our living room and blind us when people would pull in and back out. Not cool.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Lol I always wondered if people hated people using their driveways as a pull thru turn around. Can't see how you'd be upset at someone being in your drive way for a split second but I guess.
Happens all the time to me and my neighbor. The problem is these idiots can't even turn around correctly. I've got tire ruts on both sides of my driveway. Multiple people have gotten stuck and someone has hit my mailbox post.

As you can imagine, it's rather annoying after the first 200 times it happens.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to have a neighbor who put nails under my cars tires (it never worked thankfully) and the cops didn't do shit. Same neighbor would trap people's pets.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm going to be in disguise, so he won't recognize me.

That's some sound planning right there. Wave a plastic gun around so he thinks you're playing cops and robbers and doesn't suspect you're actually there to turn off his TV, too.

(but seriously, don't creep around your neighbor's windows in disguise and get your ass shot)

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

Vicki's not talking about that, she's talking about having one of those big half-circle driveways/carports and having people drive around it to turn around.

Like this:

2fef1329a1cb91d93ea60cb93485f266.jpg

I can absolutely understand why someone wouldn't want people doing that. It would never even occur to me to do that. Drivers are shit.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
This is probably the worst idea you have ever had. Are you in an apartment?

Also, who the fuck turns off a TV in a bar? Why are you in a bar if you think that a TV will disturb you? Take your clown ass home an drink alone where you belong ffs

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Maybe you can send a few more proofs of purchases and get the X-RAY glasses. That way you can do it whenever they go to the bathroom or something to fuck with their mind.

Also you can see through womens clothes.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Have you tried intimidating him? I remember when I was younger, my brother and I were roommates and there was this super loud neighbor upstairs. He kept blasting music til about 4am. We just walked up there, banged on his door, and when he opened up we just put the fear in him. I've never seen someone change so quickly. I think it's because we told him we wouldn't knock next time. Fear works. Just don't be tiny and awkward about it.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
well so

does it work

Well the jig is up.

It works on my tv when I'm in the same room.

As many suspected-the IR signal doesn't work when going through the window. I tested it standing outside my own window:

Second Test

So now I can only play pranks when I'm in the same room. Bah!

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Your neighbor is going to know it was you when he finds that box while going through your trash.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017

Had construction workers at the next door neighbor house use our drive way consistently for over a year as they did a scrape and rebuild. You can see just the hint of our driveway dipping down a little bit where they consistently turned around.

nix6

Oct 28, 2017
I bought this keychain over 10 years ago on thinkgeek.com. Actually 2 of them. One of my finest drunk purchases.
It was fun for a week.

IIRC there was a mod to increase power and extend range to 100m

So OP how did it go?