• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having dealt with insanely loud neighbors in rentals... is it possible for you to soundproof the wall? By all means, fuck with this guy, ruin his life, etc. But if you own the place maybe it's worth investing in some longer term solutions that can let you relax.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I've thought about that. But my wife didn't want to do anything for fear that he would be looking for revenge. He looks like Jack from RE7 and is a die hard Trump supporter.

We had an issue with the water in our fridge leaking and it went through his wall. Long story short-HE didn't believe in paying for homeowner's insurance-but he wanted OUR homeowner's insurance to just cut him a check. He even told them that it completely flooded his downstairs (not true-I had an inspector over to examine), it gave his dog pnuemonia, etc. Our HOA requires that homeowners have homeowners insurance and my insurance company was battling him over this. He even started emailing them telling lies about me so that I wouldn't be compensated by my own insurance company for my damage. During this entire time-every day when we came home from work, he would be standing in his driveway just glaring at us.

Everyone in the neighborhood is freaked out by this guy. He's a wacko. My other neighbor who is a good friend actually had the misfortune of going into "Jack Baker"s house one day and he said there were doll heads hanging on the walls everywhere. My wife found his Twitter account - and he was begging Betsy Devos to give him a job.

Have you, huh... considered moving out and finding a new place? Not sure I'd want to live next to someone who might very well cut me into pieces and shove me in their fridge.

Oct 28, 2017
That's not going to work through walls or windows. IR doesn't go through either.

giphy4bvkkn.gif

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP way to be a passive-aggressive dick. Once again pepe resorting to childlike behavior instead of acting like adults.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait till the super bowl

Go to a super crowded local sports bar

Turn the tv off before a game winning touchdown

Tell us of your adventures

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I used to do this shit in like 2013 at my high school with my HTC One. Except you could change channels so I'd put on the hockey games vs boring PSAs.

Deleted member 14663

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it won't work through walls, I bought one of these years ago when i was in brazil so i could turn tvs off that were blaring loud in restaurants. But you need to aim at it

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't forget to update us on your situation.

p.s. Your neighbor is a shithead. I'd call the cops on him next time he blasts his garbage.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh my, I can't wait to read the follow up to this. I despise noisy neighbors that do this shit. I dont really mind it when they do it during the day, but if its 3 am on a weekday it's a whole other matter. Fuck that shit.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Stories like this make me fearful of ever purchasing a townhouse in lieu of a detached single story.
It can depend on how the firewalls are built. I have lived in a townhouse for 10 years, and I can't hear anything at all from my neighbors. One time my neighbor's shitty kid set off a firework, and I didn't even hear that. (He came over to reassure me that nobody had been shot in his house because it sounded like a gun going off to him.)

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm imagining the kind of insufferable douche that this product is meant for (excluding you, OP). The kind of person that would walk into a bar while people are watching TV, brazenly turn it off, and say "we came here to have real human interaction." It's like a guy who plays the role of Dad for an entire public space.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I'm imagining the kind of insufferable douche that this product is meant for (excluding you, OP). The kind of person that would walk into a bar while people are watching TV, brazenly turn it off, and say "we came here to have real human interaction." It's like a guy who plays the role of Dad for an entire public space.

It's...incredibly appealing to me. I would slowly wave my arms to take in the whole room. Like a conductor

"Now we can all talk"

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, people would just fight back and complain in that kind of situation. If you're announcing it, then it's just like taking a TV remote. This device is more for anonymous pranksters.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
OP already asked the neighbor to keep the volume at a respectable level. Neighbor said no. I fully endorse passive-aggressive shenanigans.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A real Universal Dad would also have one to adjust the thermostat.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Wait your fridge leaked and caused damage to his place? Even if he had insurance wouldn't they just go after your insurance anyway?