• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Interesting. "Some glass"
That might be becuse of smoked or tinted glass or simply light reflecting off it. In daylight, clear glass it worked.
Yes and a lot of places have double paned windows, good luck going through those and or if there is a screen or if they have even sheer curtains. I just don't see much residential use unless you are physically inside the residence of the TV you want to disable.

But this would be great at locations that only play fox news or restaurants whom all for some reason feel the need to have a TV on. Even nicer restaurants have them sometimes. It's kind of ridiculous.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
creepy-dude.gif

Lmaaaaooooo. Fuck yes please report back. If this is a success I will have to buy one of these things.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Turning off your neighbour's TV...OP, you absolute madman!

Reminds me of that thread where OP found out he could connect to his neighbour's Bluetooth speakers and play whatever sound he wanted.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
This is going to play out like that My Name Is Earl episode where the teachers rig a bully's car to malfunction and play embartassing things over the radio to get back at him, but then as soon as he unlocks the car it explodes

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Wait your fridge leaked and caused damage to his place? Even if he had insurance wouldn't they just go after your insurance anyway?

It's a super long story but to make it short in these scenarios the insurance companies deal with each other not the clients. Because he didnt have any it complicated matters especially when he started trying to scam them. Lawyers got involved.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
It IS IR. So I honestly don't have high hopes for that specific purpose. I do envision great pranks with my friends and family. Turning off the TV during the big game in the 4th quarter at my in-laws house, for example.
Oh so this thread title is clickbait. You ain't gonna do shit.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did I mention he hangs doll heads on the wall and sleeps 10 - 20 feet from me
dude just drill a hole in the wall and pump in some co2 overnight. homeboy sleeps soundly for eternity, and you finally get some peace and quiet. problem solved!

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
Came to say you're a dick but hey, your neighbor is. Go and do it! Fuck his brain up!

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did I mention he hangs doll heads on the wall and sleeps 10 - 20 feet from me
Sounds pretty hot tbf.

Anyway, you tried to handle it like an adult and it backfired with him being a petty asshole.

If you have no other recourse, such as talking to the building owner or filing noise complaints, I'd say go for it.

Dude clearly deserves it, and let's be honest, he probably won't realize what's going on unless you're clearly visible.

Make sure to do it intermittently. Also, train your cat/dog/hamster/child/GF to do it when you're not home to lower suspicion.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Animals rear up, hiss, bare their teeth, make themselves bigger, growl.
Humans nail doll's heads to their walls.
Be careful, OP.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't you guys read the OP? They tried talking to their neighbor first and they pretty much blew them off.
Then take the next step and go to the landlord, HOA, or police. Still no reason to be a dick. There are proper ways to handle the situation, being a dick should never be one.

And yes I have dealt with neighbors like this before, whether it be loud talking and arguments at 3am outside 20 ft from my window, to a guy who worked on cars loudly after noise ordinances in violation of community rules of fixing you car in driveways. I would see how long this would go one, a day or two fine, but when it became regular occasions I would go talk to them. Then I would interrupt the argument/car repair session and remind them of our conversation and how they said it wouldn't happen again. Then I called our property manager. And when it continued after that I called the police. Never once did I think of waking them up by making noise or doing something childish. Follow protocols and let the authorities handle it. And if they wont, take him to court if hes violating any ordinances.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
This will do nothing, and in fact will probably escalate the situation ( that is if the op actually but the thing and did not just find a link to fantasize about what if). You turn it off, they turn it on. If you get caught then they go to management and you will get evicted. You talk to them which you should never do. You talk to the landlord or management company. They do something about it or they dont. They dont you threaten to leave . If they still dont then move. Apartments are a wildcard.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I don't think that gizmo works from a long range, so all your fantasies of neighborly revenge are likely doomed, Dalek .

Sorry to ruin the party.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of trying to turn his tv off, turn it on in the middle of the night, that'll freak him out more

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Then take the next step and go to the landlord, HOA, or police. Still no reason to be a dick. There are proper ways to handle the situation, being a dick should never be one.

And yes I have dealt with neighbors like this before, whether it be loud talking and arguments at 3am outside 20 ft from my window, to a guy who worked on cars loudly after noise ordinances in violation of community rules of fixing you car in driveways. I would see how long this would go one, a day or two fine, but when it became regular occasions I would go talk to them. Then I would interrupt the argument/car repair session and remind them of our conversation and how they said it wouldn't happen again. Then I called our property manager. And when it continued after that I called the police. Never once did I think of waking them up by making noise or doing something childish. Follow protocols and let the authorities handle it. And if they wont, take him to court if hes violating any ordinances.

tAgBSSo.jpg

Shows over guys. Mister Maturity is here to set us straight.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
Best idea yet is to slap that baby on a drone. Then you can fly it around and shut tvs off from the comfort of your couch.

Exius

Banned
Jan 15, 2019
OP you sound like the kind of person I would hate to share the same space with lol

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be here on Friday.

But I must wait for the perfect time to pounce.

Patience is a virtue. Godspeed

I love shit like this but unfortunately I always pick people who dont understand equal reciprocity. For instance I will drain all the ink from the pens in their desk and in return they will ruin a pair of my $75 shoes

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Once he realizes standing in front of his TV stops it from turning off, he's going to move around to try and triangulate the source of the interference, then he'll have your ass

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I've asked him in the past to just please turn it down a tad and maybe reduce the bass, but he got defensive and said it was his right-and since then he's been punitive and only done it more.

Somewhat off topic but it really stuns me when adults act like this. Like how can he not empathize at all? Does he really think OP is lying just to piss him off and make him turn his TV down?

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I will cheer if - against all odds - this thing actually works and if OP comes out of this without his head hanging from his neighbor's wall.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018

and why are YOU so angry this 2019? please seek my thread for help