• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit, i just accidentally hit a couple of keys on my keyboard, and then my entire screen slid to the left...and now it's as if i just logged in, even though i had firefox, chrome, excel and other shit open and was actively using them.

i know that whatever i was doing, is just to the left of me...but i don't know the shortcut to get it back! and you can't even google this shit because i can't even explain it properly! slide my shit back!!!

can somebody please help me get my shit back?! as if Windows 10 doesn't give you a warning and say, hey, you just did this, press these keys to get your shit back!

FUCK!

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did you make a new virtual desktop? If so press: WIN + CTRL + F4

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
try clicking that box next to the magnifying glass on your bottom bar. you might have made a second desktop by mistake. all you need to do is go back to your old one the box should allow you find it.

Ah ya fixed it yay!

Oct 28, 2017
2786.jpg

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Don't feel too bad, I accidentally inverted my screen once and had to spend like 5 minutes holding my laptop upside down while googling to fix it.

Unrelated thing: did you know if you wiggle a window with your mouse it'll automatically minimize all other open windows? I'm not sure when that feature was added (or why) but it's pretty neat.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Real talk virtual desktop is my favorite feature I've had so many programs freeze on me that I cant get out of to task manager kill. Only to send them to another desktop and kill them there.

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't feel too bad, I accidentally inverted my screen once and had to spend like 5 minutes holding my laptop upside down while googling to fix it.

Unrelated thing: did you know if you wiggle a window with your mouse it'll automatically minimize all other open windows? I'm not sure when that feature was added (or why) but it's pretty neat.
I think this feature is annoying. Sometimes when I'm arranging stuff it thinks I wiggled a windo and fucks everything I just spent time arranging.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's been there since at least Windows 7, maybe Vista (never had that).

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Fyi The new windows 10 timelines in the preview build is ace.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I wish you could "pin" programs to a specific virtual desktop so after you close them or restart your computer they would still open in that specific desktop.

I like to keep Photoshop and Lightroom in their on desktop. Annoying having to throw them to another desktop every time I open.

OP
OP
Resilient

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
For real though why doesn't it tell you what you just did, when you do it. That's pretty dumb, I had a full meltdown there.

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish you could "pin" programs to a specific virtual desktop so after you close them or restart your computer they would still open in that specific desktop.

I like to keep Photoshop and Lightroom in their on desktop. Annoying having to throw them to another desktop every time I open.

Yeah I agree. I use a virtual desktop for work, just so I can keep my bullshitting and work separated somewhat at least. But in the end it's not really that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.