• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I've never punched anyone and even gotten in a fight in my 40 years on this planet. But here I am, eating in my favorite Indian joint where I see a guy and his family enjoying the delicious tandoori chicken. As I walk by I see he's wearing a shirt that says "Trump 2020, Make liberals cry again." It was at this point that had to tell myself not to lay hands on him. I was actually considering the consequences!

I don't know what came over me. Whatever it is, it's not good. Has anyone else had this reaction to a trump supporter IRL?

Congrats? I suggest meditating and tuning in to politics less.

Oct 29, 2017
Consider the sad and pathetic life that allows for someone's identity to be so completely taken over by regressive propaganda that they proudly wear apparel that literally says "make libs cry". This isn't a person to be punched, it's someone to be pitied. Pity that their life is so devoid of meaning that a punch to their head would be an actual highlight in their life for being "proven right". You don't want to give shitstains like this the satisfaction.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
You did good, OP. You restrained yourself, which is the important part. I can understand the reaction. I usually want to honk or yell at people with ridiculous bumper stickers on their cars, if I see them at stoplights, but I've managed to hold back. But I understand the desire.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Try visiting DC. So many d-bags roam the city with his MAGA hats. It's hard not to punch them, I agree.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I still haven't come across anyone wearing Trump shit in the DC area. I think it'd typically be tourists and I don't go where they go.

If and when I see one I will absolutely yell, "Nice hat/shirt, asshole." They deserve it.

Try visiting DC. So many d-bags roam the city with his MAGA hats. It's hard not to punch them, I agree.

But they're typically at The Mall and doing tourist shit. Like I've never seen one in Chinatown or Dupont or H St areas and I go there a decent amount.

Oct 29, 2017
I've never punched anyone and even gotten in a fight in my 40 years on this planet. But here I am, eating in my favorite Indian joint where I see a guy and his family enjoying the delicious tandoori chicken. As I walk by I see he's wearing a shirt that says "Trump 2020, Make liberals cry again." It was at this point that had to tell myself not to lay hands on him. I was actually considering the consequences!

I don't know what came over me. Whatever it is, it's not good. Has anyone else had this reaction to a trump supporter IRL?
If you see someone doing this for attention, be careful. They could use this as an excuse to cause physical harm to you. A couple of weeks ago. A guy wearing an MAGA hat showed up to a skating rink in SF. When he was confronted, he cut someone up with a sword.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
If seeing somebody wearing something you didn't like gave you such a violent reaction, you need to be treated by a medical professional.

Oh for fuck's sake. OP was clearly reacting to what the shirt represents and not the actual piece of fabric with words printed on it. Get out of here with that crap.

First thing I think of nowadays with out and proud Cheeto supporters is that they think kids in cages is just fine and dandy.

Did the guy have kids, OP. If so, tell yourself you're holding back for their sake. With a dad like that they'll be dealing with a lot of shit anyway :\

Oct 27, 2017
Not worth but I get it. I'm a physically violent but I remember getting unreasonably angry at seeing a guy wearing a red hat on a Hollywood bus tour. I wasn't even close enough to verify it was a Trump hat.

Like, fuck off. Trump is an asshole who dabbled in cruelly enacting political vengeance on this state and your Iowa ass is going to tour our city wearing his hat.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is some pretty serious provocation but your restraint is admirable.

Anybody wearing that embarassing Trump gear is almost certainly an asshole in need of a slap though.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP no need punch the person. Just ruin their meal by telling then they're eating the minority cuisine made by illegals and that it will probably turn then into a gay liberal if they finish consuming it.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You need to grow up.

Vinnie20

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
He could have gotten worse and worse job over the years and wrongly thought Trump and GOP can turn his situation around.

Oct 27, 2017
You didn't even make a wisecrack....this just sounds like something you thought for an instance in the back of your mind and in the retelling you were holding yourself back.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't listen to arm-chair therapists, OP. Anger is a gift.

If you see someone wearing a Swastika, you should feel the urge to punch someone in the head. Wearing the icons of modern Fascism should give you the same reaction

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
This thread feels like fishing. Like, you're either kidding or really need to settle down. You should be laughing at someone that stupid.

Yayate

Banned
Feb 8, 2018
Are people seriously implying that feeling anger torwards a bigot means you need therapy or medication?

Really now?

Yayate

Banned
Feb 8, 2018
wanting to punch a dude for wearing a dumb obnoxious shirt is a tad ridiculous

I see bumper stickers on trucks about building the wall and wanting lock Hilary up, I don't feel the sudden urge to run them off the road

They felt anger towards someone who supports a party that supports killing minorities and LGBTQ folks.

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
I get this, I do, but acting out in this way only hurts the plight of those who utilize violence in self-defense or in service of their community against this lot.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018

If you had hit him, it was clearly what he was hoping for.

Provocateurs, all of them.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Coincidentally I did see a dude sporting a MAGA hat this morning at my local coffee spot. Lotta eye rolls from the regulars but he wasn't actively doing anything to antagonize anyone.

Don't take the bait.