• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I've never punched anyone and even gotten in a fight in my 40 years on this planet. But here I am, eating in my favorite Indian joint where I see a guy and his family enjoying the delicious tandoori chicken. As I walk by I see he's wearing a shirt that says "Trump 2020, Make liberals cry again." It was at this point that had to tell myself not to lay hands on him. I was actually considering the consequences!

I don't know what came over me. Whatever it is, it's not good. Has anyone else had this reaction to a trump supporter IRL?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never punched anyone and even gotten in a fight in my 40 years on this planet. But here I am, eating in my favorite Indian joint where I see a guy and his family enjoying the delicious tandoori chicken. As I walk by I see he's wearing a shirt that says "Trump 2020, Make liberals cry again." It was at this point that had to tell myself not to lay hands on him. I was actually considering the consequences!

I don't know what came over me. Whatever it is, it's not good. Has anyone else had this reaction to a trump supporter IRL?
Over a shitty t-shirt? Come on son, get real.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
You're looking at several years in jail for manslaughter if you/him are unlucky and he dies from the head blow. Bottle up your energy and use it to register voters in your state.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
The guy is an asshole but unprovocably punching him in front of his family would make you a fanatic so well done I guess.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I mean, those shirts were made to provoke reactions on people. That's all they live for, to "trigger the libs".

Thankfully you were able to control yourself.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

I'm glad you were able to fight off the urge, but, this was immediately the first thing that came to mind after reading the title.

Last edited:

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not a healthy reaction. Sadly, these types of people are everywhere and it isn't productive to engage them like this. Vote and get the good word out.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I was in Central Park yesterday and there was a guy riding a canoe who unfurled a huge Trump 2020 flag. The guy obviously did it to get try to get a rise out of people.

Oct 26, 2017

If seeing somebody wearing something you didn't like gave you such a violent reaction, you need to be treated by a medical professional.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
I always find it ironic when I see people wearing Trump stuff at the businesses of immigrants. It just goes to show that most the people that voted for him just did it because they're dumb.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

Sounds like both of ya'll need to grow up. You gonna see obnoxious bullshit every day. No point in letting it fuck with you to that degree. Dude is a chump. No reason to catch a case over such nonsense.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
You have to share the planet with everyone, even people like that. Physically attacking them changes nothing.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Good that you didn't do anything. If you did you wouldn't be any better than those volatile racists who flip out when they hear anything not english.

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I just let them know I am super happy they voted their values when they pulled the lever for Cadet Pussy-Grabber.

OP
OP
UF_C

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
"SEE HOW VIOLENT THE LEFT IS?!"
I'm not even all that to the left. I'm pretty much a new Dem/blue dog
If seeing somebody wearing something you didn't like gave you such a violent reaction, you need to be treated by a medical professional.
That's not good. Do you have historical anger issues?
no. Never. I've never hit anything or anyone as a means of violence in my entire life. But the flash of anger was real though. I see Trump stuff all the time but the taunting nature just fucking made me see red for a brief second.

I need to take a deep breath as most of you have suggested.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm pretty sure that someone in the kitchen would have seen his t shirt and added a little "special sauce"

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Well the the feeling of suffocation the new right foster is intentional. When a decent person lashes out because of the awful things they do and support, they can act affronted at your incivility.

Of course when a right winger goes and does a mass shooting after consuming their rhetoric, they can feign shock because of that veneer of "it's just jokes!, Free speech! We don't condone"

There's no point in hitting them. It'll achieve nothing. You'll just feel hollow.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I getcha. Saw a dude with a Confederate flag on at the grocery store right after election day 2016 and had about the same reaction.

It only gets you so far to try to pull off the visible leaves or branches from the deep-rooted weeds. They usually grow right back.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Kind of surprising to hear he was at an Indian restaurant.

Anyway, there is a gap between thought and action and you did not cross the line. I know how you feel, seeing these degenerates on tele is bad enough and seeing someone face to face would have perhaps detrimental effects on my blood pressure. Point is, it is their intention to rile folks up and then wield victimhood like a pair of shield and a sword.

When faced with cunts like them, NEVER instigate or escalate a situation. All bets, however, are off the moment those filth get physical.

Oct 25, 2017
Punching a republican like that only confirms what they think of liberals. Don't do it. Do something better and get out there and VOTE (when the time comes)!

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I'm not even all that to the left. I'm pretty much a new Dem/blue dog

no. Never. I've never hit anything or anyone as a means of violence in my entire life. But the flash of anger was real though. I see Trump stuff all the time but the taunting nature just fucking made me see red for a brief second.

I need to take a deep breath as most of you have suggested.

Main thing is you didn't act. That's a good sign!

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
That's not an irrational urge when you see someone proudly celebrating the destruction of life and happiness with an obnoxious inflammatory shirt. You shouldn't actually attack someone for that, though. Even if they're a proud asshole who indirectly supports sick atrocities and vile injustice.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I read the title and knew it would be related to someone wearing Trump stuff.

Trump is a fuck nut and I understand why it would make you mad.

Oct 27, 2017
Me, to guy wearing MAGA shirt: Hey, nice shirt.
Guy wearing MAGA shirt: Thanks, man!
Me: Just kidding, you fucking idiot

That's how you handle it like an adult, OP

Oct 27, 2017
You should up your troll game, OP.

Next time that happens, whip out your phone and take some pictures. When he gets butthurt wanting to know what you're doing, just say "reconnaisance" and walk away. Just be careful about audio recordings in Floriduh. We're a two-party notification state

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
What's your thoughts on people who gleefully support politicians that cage children and purposely separate them from their parents, just because they're brown? Just wondering.

It's not just someone reacting to an article of clothing. The shirt is a smug endorsement of suffering and arrogant ignorance. You do understand how symbols work?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
having to restrain yourself from assaulting a stranger for this is a colossal overreaction

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I get really angry when I see Infowars stickers on people's cars, and I think thoughts along the lines of, 'this is a rabid dog, not a human being, and it wouldn't be terrible if someone put them down'... and then those thoughts go away and I carry on with my day. There's also a house I drive by on my way home that has a variety of cars in disrepair, an old redneck smoking in the driveway and a giant flag that says:

Trump 2020
QUIT THE BULLSHIT

I always want to flip him off, and I've had fanciful visions of shooting a flaming arrow at that flag and watching it burn, but again, I just keep driving and let the thoughts go away. It's fine to have bad thoughts. Acting on them isn't going to end well for anyone.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I feel your rage, OP. But take heart. Trump's, and his family, time will come. They'll be made accountable for what they pulled.