• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
What's your thoughts on people who gleefully support politicians that cage children and purposely separate them from their parents, just because they're brown? Just wondering.

It's not just someone reacting to an article of clothing. The shirt is a smug endorsement of suffering and arrogant ignorance. You do understand how symbols work?

If you have feelings of uncontrollable violence towards somebody for a belief system or set of ideals, no matter how wrong they may be, I think you should find either medical help or a constructive outlet.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I've never punched anyone and even gotten in a fight in my 40 years on this planet. But here I am, eating in my favorite Indian joint where I see a guy and his family enjoying the delicious tandoori chicken. As I walk by I see he's wearing a shirt that says "Trump 2020, Make liberals cry again." It was at this point that had to tell myself not to lay hands on him. I was actually considering the consequences!

I don't know what came over me. Whatever it is, it's not good. Has anyone else had this reaction to a trump supporter IRL?
You're more patient than I would e been, OP.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I've never punched anyone and even gotten in a fight in my 40 years on this planet. But here I am, eating in my favorite Indian joint where I see a guy and his family enjoying the delicious tandoori chicken. As I walk by I see he's wearing a shirt that says "Trump 2020, Make liberals cry again." It was at this point that had to tell myself not to lay hands on him. I was actually considering the consequences!

I don't know what came over me. Whatever it is, it's not good. Has anyone else had this reaction to a trump supporter IRL?
Are you being serious right now? It's a fucking tshirt...

Deleted member 36543

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Honestly don't blame you for feeling that way. The fact that there is still a proud Trumper is mind blowing to me. But violence is not the answer, a historical laugh is more fitting.

Edit

Last edited:

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
No. But I'm not going to say that someone driven to that amount of anger is in any way unreasonable.

Notice that the OP didnt actually punch the person. Are you done with strawmen?
So all that happened was the OP stressed himself out with almost uncontrollable anger, ruins his own day and the MAGA guy stays none the wiser.

Sounds unreasonable to me.

What do you guys do when you see Bush Cheney bumper stickers? Or Blue Lives Matter stickers?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Some of the posts in here are ridiculous. Thinking the guy wearing the shirt is an idiot is understandable. Having to restrain yourself from fighting someone because of their shirt, or letting a tshirt get you that mad, is not.

Last edited:

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
dqK4MjCCksXDiR4uy4BsS5yx5W4=.gif

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
If you have feelings of uncontrollable violence towards somebody for a belief system or set of ideals, no matter how wrong they may be, I think you should find either medical help or a constructive outlet.
Well first off, the impulse was clearly quite controllable. And second, describing bigotry and ghoulish pleasure at the misery of others as "values" or "a belief system" is an interesting piece of sophistry. Let's not dignify the sick cravings of small-minded misanthropes as merely a difference of opinion.

Yayate

Banned
Feb 8, 2018
So all that happened was the OP stressed himself out with almost uncontrollable anger, ruins his own day and the MAGA guy stays none the wiser.

Sounds unreasonable to me.

What do you guys do when you see Bush Cheney bumper stickers? Or Blue Lives Matter stickers?

Stop your strawmen and answer the question. You're being extremely disingenuous to avoid answering it.

Do you think its unreasonable to feel this level of anger towards someone that supports white supremacists?

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I hear that! I've had a couple of customers come in to my store the last few years and gloat in a really childish way about trump. One guy started coming in about two months ago as we were closing saying things like how he wasn't sure how the republic would last with people the way they are nowadays.

That was definitely a bait trap he was setting up. He has said some other esoteric things alluding to trump support and I ignore him. I'd never tell anyone not to smack someone up though

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
No, it's not worth it to give them a reaction. I just inwardly recoil in disgust and revulsion.

Oct 26, 2017
I get it. I love how these right wing morons go on endlessly about how immigrants are ruining the west, but then will run to the local taco joint or halal cart.

I wouldn't punch them but I'm not gonna deny the thought hasn't crossed my mind.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Not good OP, it's more than likely what he wanted out of wearing that shirt.
You could star with words even if it likely wouldn't change anything.

The other day I saw the typical dude in a truck with 2 HUGE flags on the back, one being U.S. and the other being Trump 2020 "keep America great" this is in L.A. too.

Oct 26, 2017
See edit.

What's your advice for Trump supporters, AKA white nationalists/neo-Nazis/aspiring hate criminals?

Advice regarding anger issues? Idk what you're trying to get out of this man, I'm not condoning anything, I'm telling the OP to get a handle on his anger/desire to commit violence and I stand by my original response of consulting a medical professional for treatment.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Stop your strawmen and answer the question. You're being extremely disingenuous to avoid answering it.

Do you think its unreasonable to feel this level of anger towards someone that supports white supremacists?
The level of anger that'll make me go to jail for assault? Yeah, it's unreasonable, shortsighted, and idiotic.

OP
OP
UF_C

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
How would you describe it?

In any case, OP, please seek treatment if feelings like this keep occurring
Yeah. I think it stems from the tweet about Omar from this weekend. He's putting her life in danger and he's doing it for political macabre.

I guess, for a split second, I'd had enough. I've never felt that much anger in my life, all directed at a t-shirt. Maybe I do need to talk this out with someone.

Btw, to the folks who are blasting those who recommend a therapist, seeking a professional to talk to isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it's the best medicine when shit gets too much. I am not taking it as a negative or personal flaw of mine. Sometimes it's good to figure out what's going on in your head.

I've never been to a therapist before btw. So yeah...

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
The level of anger that'll make me go to jail for assault? Yeah, it's unreasonable, shortsighted, and idiotic.
No, that was a compulsion he didn't act on, which is a perfectly normal thought to have. We all have moments where we're exposed to racism, persecution or irrationality and want to lash out before reason brings us back. OP just had that moment.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Did I miss the part where he hit the guy...? Because if we're condemning folks for thinking about punching racists WTF

I'm suppose to feel sympathy for people who want me dead based on the color of my skin? Gtfo

Yayate

Banned
Feb 8, 2018

:thinking:

I genuinely hope you aren't serious right now. Are you incapable of empathy? Do you not understand that white supremacy actually kills people?

The OP didn't punch anyone. They had a thought about hurting someone that subscribes to a system of believes that might directly target the OP, their friends, their relatives.

Also, to agree with an above post; therapy is fantastic. There doesnt have to be anything wrong with you for therapy to be a massive help. Everyone with the means should definitely go through therapy. But telling someone they NEED therapy is something that carries uncomfortable implications

Edit:
Did I miss the part where he hit the guy...? Because if we're condemning folks for thinking about punching racists WTF

I'm suppose to feel sympathy for people who want me dead based on the color of my skin? Gtfo

Apparently passively thinking about punching a bigot is worse than the genuine harm that white supremacists cause.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I think it stems from the tweet about Omar from this weekend. He's putting her life in danger and he's doing it for political macabre.

I guess, for a split second, I'd had enough. I've never felt that much anger in my life, all directed at a t-shirt. Maybe I do need to talk this out with someone.

Btw, to the folks who are blasting those who recommend a therapist, seeking a professional to talk to isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it's the best medicine when shit gets too much. I am not taking it as a negative or personal flaw of mine. Sometimes it's good to figure out what's going on in your head.

I've never been to a therapist before btw. So yeah...

That tweet was messed up, for sure. I can say that anger is definitely a tricky emotion and having somebody like a therapist to just bounce off some exploratory dialogue with is a great way to explore that side of yourself. It has definitely helped me in the past.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I get you and they do that shit to get this exact kind of reactions. I don't live in the US, but I can tell you I'm not looking forward to visiting my relatives in San Antonio later this year or next year... and they're Trump supporters to boot.

Gamonbozia

Feb 25, 2019
Nazis have feelings too!

Most of Trumps supporters are proponents of white nationalism. They want to make America a white-only country, by forcing out all of the non-whites. Lets say non-white people dont want to leave, what will they do? The answer is pretty clear. Trump supporters support violence. They just wont admit it openly. There is nothing wrong with feeling anger towards them, frankly, they deserve far worse.

OP
OP
UF_C

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Most of Trumps supporters are proponents of white nationalism. They want to make America a white-only country, by forcing out all of the non-whites. Lets say non-white people dont want to leave, what will they do? The answer is pretty clear. Trump supporters support violence. They just wont admit it openly. There is nothing wrong with feeling anger towards them, frankly, they deserve far worse.
The dude wearing the shirt was Asian. Not that it matters.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I was at a bar last year and a guy had a shirt that said:

"I lubricate my gun with Liberal tears"

I laughed but stayed far away from him.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

White supremacy is not a "set of ideals," it's a clear and present threat. A physical and visceral reaction to someone publicly endorsing it is not evidence of mental illness. Stop it.

Gamonbozia

Feb 25, 2019
The dude wearing the shirt was Asian. Not that it matters.

The point is, Trump and his supporters are xenophobic and extremely bigoted. That much is clear. If you ask me, people like that dont deserve the same level of respect as normal human beings. Wanting to punch one of them is the least you could do, even though he isnt white, he indirectly supports white supremacists, xenophobes and bigots by supporting Trump. They are disgusting, twisted people, and they deserve far worse.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
:thinking:

I genuinely hope you aren't serious right now. Are you incapable of empathy? Do you not understand that white supremacy actually kills people?

The OP didn't punch anyone. They had a thought about hurting someone that subscribes to a system of believes that might directly target the OP, their friends, their relatives.
So you want me to give the op a pat on the back or something for not punching the guy?

Or should I be angry he didn't punch the guy since the guy is a symbol of white supremacy?

I'll just stick with my initial comment of "breathe."

Yayate

Banned
Feb 8, 2018
Over a shitty t-shirt? Come on son, get real.
Don't lose your cool over a stupid shirt.
Punching someone for a t-shirt? What a stupid reason to go to jail.
If a fucking T-shirt makes you want to punch someone in the head, seek professional help.

All of these and all of them like that are extremely disingenuous, by the way.

It is not about the shirt, the literal article of clothing, its about what it represents. Its baring a symbol of white supremacy with pride

So you want me to give the op a pat on the back or something for not punching the guy?

Or should I be angry he didn't punch the guy since the guy is a symbol of white supremacy?

I'll just stick with my initial comment of "breathe."

Your house must be EXTREMELY flammable.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
No one is saying that, just that it's normal to feel that way. It's fine as long as you don't act on it

I don't think it is normal though. There's likely a spectrum for anger and feeling the urge to physically assault someone over a t-shirt they are wearing is not on the normal end. I get that the t-shirt represents bad things to you, but that doesn't change this.