• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I grew up in Florida. Motherfuckers would try converting me to be a southern baptist once a week.

As a non-american (& Asian) that's been to and worked in the North (Minneapolis), East (NYC) & West (San Francisco) but never the South, now you makes me curious to the point that i want to go there just so i can see what is it about. 'The south' is always something i've heard but never experienced before...

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The bottom line is should you physically attack people that are literal white supremacists. That's the question here. If you support Trump, you really are supporting white supremacy. Everything that he has done so far supports that. If you ask me, violence against white supremacists/nazis is ALWAYS justified.

the problem i have with this is you just convinced yourself you're doing something moral by assaulting an asian man infront of his kids because of the shirt he has on.

how easily you're able to rationalize that to yourself makes me pretty uncomfortable tbh

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Its time to stop being the nice guys and wear just as nasty shit as they do, and make it worse. Trump supporters are White Supremacists. It's pure and simple. Anyone who supports Trump is a full-blown racist and a mouth-breathing blowhard.
I think something like "AOC: Making conservatives rage since day one" Or something like that would be funny and not offensive to the public. Just enough for him to know you hate him.

The bottom line is should you physically attack people that are literal white supremacists. That's the question here. If you support Trump, you really are supporting white supremacy. Everything that he has done so far supports that. If you ask me, violence against white supremacists/nazis is ALWAYS justified.

I wouldn't shed a single tear if a Trump supporter get's hit, but unfortunately the law won't be on our side if we do and that's why i advise against it. They are not worth it.

Last edited:

Gamonbozia

Feb 25, 2019
the problem i have with this is you just convinced yourself you're doing something moral by assaulting an asian man infront of his kids because of the shirt he has on.

how easily you're able to rationalize that to yourself makes me pretty uncomfortable tbh

When people tolerate white supremacy and white nationalism, that just signals to those ignorant people that they can spread their message of hate loud and clear. If people don't stand up to these evil people then they'll continue to support people like Trump and stay racist, and spread their message to get other people to join their cause. And that can't happen, we shouldn't let people like them have the ability to spread their nazi + white supremacist beliefs. Besides, the guy was literally wearing a shirt that said "I drink liberal tears". He had it coming lmfao

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Poor Asian poc man eating tandoori chicken? Have you heard of Narendra Modi?

Oct 28, 2017
Went to a Bernie rally and had two Stephen Crowder devotees decked out in merch get in line behind me. One even had a cap on that said "I'm pro-gun, change my mind" They were civil in line but I overhead them giving other Bernie supporters guff during the rally, a few rows away.

They probably could've used a slap at the very least. The audacity

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think something like "AOC: Making conservatives rage since day one" Or something like that would be funny and not offensive to the public. Just enough for him to know you hate him.

I wouldn't shed a single tear if a Trump supporter get's hit, but unfortunately the law won't be on our side if we do and that's why i advise against it. They are not worth it.

I am mostly the same. I've had Black Block friends and some maybe even more extreme than that. I will defend them, give them some place to lay low, help them get to wherever they need to go next, etc. But, I am too comfortable in my own life and have too much to lose to fight like they do.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Are the people finger-wagging and accusing people in this thread of advocating violence just ignoring everything the OP says? Dude has been explaining himself pretty clearly:

No. I knew it was wrong the moment I felt it. I understand the game. I've been in politics for over 20 years. This is the first time I've had a visceral reaction to it and I had to vent. I don't need anyone to validate my thoughts and actions. I'm an adult and know right from wrong. I just had enough for a moment in time that passed as quickly as it came.

You're not scoring any woke points for pointing that history is full of violence that has resulted in big chances in society. That doesn't change the fact that we, as a society, need to not turn towards violence if at all possible. It is the nuclear option as you point out. It's what happens when all else breaks down. Anything goes after that point and most people don't want that.

I don't think you can say that you are not advocating for violence while also being a tough guy saying crap like, "talk shit, get hit" in regards to someone wearing a provocative t-shirt.

What's up with you and the performative wokeman wanting to beat around the bush on your real feelings on whether or not violence would have been justified?

Modern society is built on systems meant to prevent people from resorting to violence. White supremacists reject the idea of a society that operates like this and actively works to break down these systems and reduce people's options for protecting themselves and those they love.

Violence is the nuclear option, yes. When all other options are exhausted. Guess what white supremacists are doing? Trying to remove minority groups' ways of protecting themselves. If you corner someone, they will eventually lash out. Yet you're finger-wagging at the people being cornered saying, "Now, don't resort to violence!" while ignoring the party that is cornering them to begin with.

History gives us many examples of this. When pushed too far, people who are normally non-violent are increasingly likely to resort to violence. Saying this does not mean that I advocate violence. Just that I understand that it is inevitable in many cases.

It's like when a kid keeps getting bullied every day at school and eventually lashes out and gets in trouble for it. You're ignoring WHY people being targeted by white supremacists might ever resort to violence to begin with. In other words, you're horribly naive.

After I overheard my grandma tell her friend over the phone that she supported Trump, you better believe I knocked her down then and there and choked her the fuck out.

HATE 👏 IS 👏 NOT 👏 TOLERATED 👏 IN 👏 THIS 👏 HOUSE
understandable since you were provoked

my uncle said that although he thought trump was a colossal asshole, he also didn't think he reached the level of human garbage. i told him not good enough and gave him a clean one right across the mouth

I don't know what it would take to get you guys to take white supremacy seriously. I'm at a loss. OP has clearly explained himself in this thread, yet you keep insisting that he advocates for violence based on what he admits is a single moment that surprised even him.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yea i watched that one episode of the Patriot Act
Stop being a dick. My family and relatives are in India and tell you what it's not a good feeling. We are the targeted minority here and it's no laughing matter.

These tweets by BJP where they clearly are signaling a pogrom has heightened the tensions and Modi is continuing to suppress the minorities through acts like these. Modi nationalists are die hard Trump supporters and Trump even cut an ad for Modi supporters (which you've seen if you watched Patriot Act).

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i wasn't trying to be a dick...

the patriot act is literally where i heard about Modi

Like for the first time? As in ever?

Are the people finger-wagging and accusing people in this thread of advocating violence just ignoring everything the OP says? Dude has been explaining himself pretty clearly:

Modern society is built on systems meant to prevent people from resorting to violence. White supremacists reject the idea of a society that operates like this and actively works to break down these systems and reduce people's options for protecting themselves and those they love.

Violence is the nuclear option, yes. When all other options are exhausted. Guess what white supremacists are doing? Trying to remove minority groups' ways of protecting themselves. If you corner someone, they will eventually lash out. Yet you're finger-wagging at the people being cornered saying, "Now, don't resort to violence!" while ignoring the party that is cornering them to begin with.

History gives us many examples of this. When pushed too far, people who are normally non-violent are increasingly likely to resort to violence. Saying this does not mean that I advocate violence. Just that I understand that it is inevitable in many cases.

It's like when a kid keeps getting bullied every day at school and eventually lashes out and gets in trouble for it. You're ignoring WHY people being targeted by white supremacists might ever resort to violence to begin with. In other words, you're horribly naive.

I don't know what it would take to get you guys to take white supremacy seriously. I'm at a loss. OP has clearly explained himself in this thread, yet you keep insisting that he advocates for violence based on what he admits is a single moment that surprised even him.

I have zero issues advocating for or supporting violence. My only issue is people not having a connection between what they are supporting and what the reality of it is. If you understand what happens to humans when a serious fight occurs and you still feel strongly about getting into one, more power to you.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Like for the first time? As in ever?

i think so, i may have heard about him in passing on another show, but nothing substantial IIRC

EDIT: i think i heard about modi winning in the last election on the daily show a few years ago or something, but again that wasn't very indepth

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i wasn't trying to be a dick...

the patriot act is literally where i heard about Modi
Then you would know the political climate of India and the diehard Trump supporters of Indian origin. There's no surprise some would wear Trump merchandise and yeah, I would be just as upset as OP because it's a fuck you to me personally.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think so, i may have heard about him in passing on another show, but nothing substantial IIRC

He is only like the fourth more powerful man in the world, why is there any need to count that high when you know the first three right?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I get really angry when I see Infowars stickers on people's cars, and I think thoughts along the lines of, 'this is a rabid dog, not a human being, and it wouldn't be terrible if someone put them down'... and then those thoughts go away and I carry on with my day. There's also a house I drive by on my way home that has a variety of cars in disrepair, an old redneck smoking in the driveway and a giant flag that says:

Trump 2020
QUIT THE BULLSHIT

I always want to flip him off, and I've had fanciful visions of shooting a flaming arrow at that flag and watching it burn, but again, I just keep driving and let the thoughts go away. It's fine to have bad thoughts. Acting on them isn't going to end well for anyone.

There's someone at my work who drives a crappy old pickup truck with a huge Infowars bumper sticker. With the shit that man says on that show (I've gone down the rabbit hole and watched several hours of it out of morbid curiosity), it's just as bad as having a fucking KKK bumper sticker to me. I've been considering reporting it.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
not me, OP overtly isn't advocating for violence and im well aware of that face

I also said you aren't taking white supremacy seriously. In a thread about someone talking about how another man's support of a vile political ideology that seeks to destroy lives made him contemplate violence despite that not being normal for him, you decide to make jokes.

I don't know what to tell you to get you to take this stuff seriously. I'm not cheering OP for feeling like that. I'm just sympathizing, because I can imagine why this ideology would drive someone like OP to even contemplate violence, and it scares the shit out of me.

I Don't Know How To Explain To You That You Should Care About Other People.

I have zero issues advocating for or supporting violence. My only issue is people not having a connection between what they are supporting and what the reality of it is. If you understand what happens to humans when a serious fight occurs and you still feel strongly about getting into one, more power to you.

I'm not saying that I support anyone getting into fights, either. In this thread, I'm just saying that I understand why the OP feels the way he does. In my first comment, I told him to instead think about the idiot with the t-shirts kids and not hit the guy for their sake because they're already probably dealing with some bad shit having someone like that as a father. I understand what a serious fight entails. I also understand why someone might throw logic out the window for a moment to contemplate something so drastic in reaction to hate speech (as subtle as it may be).

Last edited:

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You cant come here and pretend that anyone talking about this stuff is coming from the same position of absolute ignorance as you. If you cannot even grasp the basic facts of what fascism and white nationalism are doing to the world, your defense of non violence is hollow.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When shown ignorance, goes

"Well excuuuuse me!"

Sound of privilege right there.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You cant come here and pretend that anyone talking about this stuff is coming from the same position of absolute ignorance as you. If you cannot even grasp the basic facts of what fascism and white nationalism are doing to the world, your defense of non violence is hollow.

dunno what i can say, it doesn't seem all that complicated to me that you shouldn't beat people up infront of their kids because of the shirt they have on

if im so far out of the loop on that then my worldview is beyond fucked and my ignorance on this is making me completely blind

you guys seem to know what you're talking about with this, so ive deff. screwed up somewhere along the way

where exactly am i going wrong here?

Last edited:

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad you didn't so you wouldn't have to face those consequences and I wouldn't myself, though I can't say I care what happens to the guy. As a victim of Trump's rhetoric and policies, seeing stuff like that t-shirt out and about just make me depressed more than anything.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I am mostly the same. I've had Black Block friends and some maybe even more extreme than that. I will defend them, give them some place to lay low, help them get to wherever they need to go next, etc. But, I am too comfortable in my own life and have too much to lose to fight like they do.
Not to mention if you live in a state like AZ where they most likely have guns on themselves and are looking for any reason to use them. They will most likely get off scotch free "stand your own ground" self defense.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not to mention if you live in a state like AZ where they most likely have guns on themselves and are looking for any reason to use them. They will most likely get off scotch free "stand your own ground" self defense.

yea those laws can be pretty nuts sometimes, i still cant believe that after Zimmerman was aggressively stalking after Treyvon that he was able to pretend that he was just defending himself or w/e

or rather, i think its ridiculous that the courts let him slide without holding him accountable for the escalation at all

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
yea those laws can be pretty nuts sometimes, i still cant believe that after Zimmerman was aggressively stalking after Treyvon that he was able to pretend that he was just defending himself or w/e

or rather, i think its ridiculous that the courts let him slide without holding him accountable for the escalation at all
People walk around here in Khols with semi automatics and nobody blinks an eye. I wouldn't dare going after one of them here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.

No actually I have never insisted the OP was advocating violence, it was other people who were saying violence is justified. My post was mocking those posters. You are fixated on the OP here but by the time I was posting on the thread earlier the discussion was already in a totally different place.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
So if I understand properly, though the OP didn't and wouldn't.. there are a number of people in the thread that would advocate violence in this situation. At very least they would think it was justified.

Of course they haven't done this and wouldn't do this. They just think someone should. It's basically keyboard stuff.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I saw a guy at the local shops wearing a One Nation shirt last year. He was getting a lot of side eye from everyone else in the place.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
So if I understand properly, though the OP didn't and wouldn't.. there are a number of people in the thread that would advocate violence in this situation. At very least they would think it was justified.

Of course they haven't done this and wouldn't do this. They just think someone should. It's basically keyboard stuff.
I think their tones would change if they had a real life confrontation.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK

Quote them

The anger is justified, not seeing actual advocacy for violence in the OPs situation, and they didn't get violent, so what's your point

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
No, I agree OP. I felt that a lot right after the election, especially because it was a bunch of people I KNOW were doing it for the lulz.

I'm glad you didn't OP because those people also carry to prove a fucked up point, so don't get killed over this shit. But I wont gaslight you like some other and say you need therapy or meditation or some shit, that is a natural reaction to hate filled provocation.

Stay strong.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Another dude looking for a civil war, then. Is that really where you would like to see things?

No, I'm not being naive because I don't think seeing a triggering t-shirt is enough to justify resorting to violence. I'm not saying there are no situations where violence does become inevitable. We might be edging ever closer to it as a society, but it's my hope that we don't get there.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Another dude looking for a civil war, then. Is that really where you would like to see things?

No, I'm not being naive because I don't think seeing a triggering t-shirt is enough to justify resorting to violence. I'm not saying there are no situations where violence does become inevitable or even the only reasonable option left.
You'd do well with a read through of this

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/29/opinion/civility-protest-civil-rights.html

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I don't see how that is at all relevant. There is a significant gap between violence and the status quo.
I've actually read that piece before. I'm talking about actual violence here. The sucker punch to the back of the head the OP was dreaming about. By all means get out there and protest. Be disruptive and openly confront these people when you encounter them, but I'm never going to support violence as the first option.
Are we really having the punching Nazis debate again? I thought we had moved past that.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
No, I'm firmly part of "the left" and do not want a civil war. Let's stop treating individuals as monolithic representations of ideologies they may have?
If you vote for or support Trump/Republicans, you support white supremacy, homophobia, child concentration camps, all of it. Full stop.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

If people truly believe that anyone on either "side" want a civil war, other than absolute fringe nut jobs then they are deluded.

If you vote for or support Trump/Republicans, you support white supremacy, homophobia, child concentration camps, all of it. Full stop.

This may be true in 2020 and I'm sure there will be people who claim that they saw THIS coming.. but there are a LOT of people who voted for the anti-Clinton that I'm sure would like a do over. Personally I think the man is suffering from dementia, having some of that evolution up close.. but that's another discussion.

Nov 9, 2017

Yup, that was some impressive mental gymnastics.