• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do I look?

• Looking sharp!

Votes: 141 68.8%
  • You are still ugly, but the glasses look good

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Glasses don't fit you at all. You should get another style

Votes: 38 18.5%
  • You are beyond ugly

Votes: 13 6.3%

• Total voters

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Going to piggyback after everyone. You look young as fuck. But those glasses are way too big for your face.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, that does look way better.

Just another general tip (though again, do whatever you feel comfortable with), typically you want your eyes to be close to centered in the lens, looks like they're slipping down your nose a bit. That will always happen with plastic frames though. I'm sure you tried some on, some pairs have rubber pads that stop them from moving down your nose.
Wrong, kinda, the eyes should be 2/3 up vertically and in the middle of the glasses horizontally. Ofc varying slightly depending on face/glasses style, but that's the goal.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Your eyes are way too close to the inside of the glasses, resulting in your eyes looking as if they are much closer together than they really are. Try to find narrower frames, and possibly another style. I think you'd look great in some more rounded glasses. That's what's in style in the last few years too, if you care about that. If you're just gona use them indoors/occasinally and if it's too late to switch, it doesn't really matter.

You do look great at 35 though!

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Wrong, kinda, the eyes should be 2/3 up vertically and in the middle of the glasses horizontally. Ofc varying slightly depending on face/glasses style, but that's the goal.

That's why I said close to center. Clearly they're way too low in that pic. I'm surprised the place you got the glasses from didn't fit you better OP, did they offer any advice or do any adjustments?

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
See in HD is pretty accurate. I had 20/20 and better vision up until a few years ago. Now I use reading glasses for somethings. My cell phone is pretty blurry looking from anything less than 1-2 feet from my face, so basically an arms length. When my eyes get super tired I will put on my glasses and it makes a huge difference.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
I never liked glasses. They mess up your peripheral and make everything look bigger and curved than it really is.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
looking good OP, they are a little large, I did the same thing with the first pair I got, took a long time to find the right ones

congrats on HD life

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
By the way, just curious, but how much are glasses in your countries?

Mine were the equivalent of $32 USD with doctor's consultation included. The frames are no-brand ones and the lenses are just regular ones.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol some asshole votes here. I'm not sure they match you that great, but I'm the last person to know any sense of style

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I had this same experience haha, but a little younger (I was 24). I thought my left eye was perfect and my right eye was slightly blurry. Got glasses, and turns out both eyes weren't great. I had no idea people saw so clearly! I can still get by without glasses, but I would usually rather have them on. I have mild astigmatism, and see better up close than far away. Video games looked so much better once I got glasses!