• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How do I look?

• Looking sharp!

Votes: 141 68.8%
  • You are still ugly, but the glasses look good

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Glasses don't fit you at all. You should get another style

Votes: 38 18.5%
  • You are beyond ugly

Votes: 13 6.3%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm 35. I have been seeing kinda blurry for the last couple of years, and today I was diagnosed with myopia (near-sightedness). Very little (-.5) but it was enough for me to get very tired eyes and headaches occasionally.

I just got my glasses a couple of hours ago, and wow. I can see in HD!

I have a couple of questions.

Is it normal for my eyes to feel kinda tired? My eyes are hurting a little bit.

Also, do you wear your glasses inside your house all the times?

How do I look?

Dh4cDX5l.jpg

t1kDrKPl.jpg

Last edited:

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I only take my glasses off when I go to bed, or in rare instances where there'd be a chance of losing them, like if I go swimming, am riding a roller coaster, etc.

Totally normal for your eyes to feel fatigued, that will pass quickly.

Style is always super subjective. I think they look pretty good on you, but (and I promise I don't mean to be a dick) personally I would have gone with a narrower frame. It's hard to tell what they really look like because of the angle, but typically you don't want much frame extending past the sides of your face, these look a little large for my preference. But get whatever you feel comfortable in.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats!

Your eyes are gonna feel tired for a few days, it's normal. They'll adapt. That frame might be a bit too big for your slender face. But if you like them, just ignore other people. And yes, always wear them.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
You said 35? You look 25. I think the glasses look great.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I like them!

I don't like top-buttoned shirts :(

Undo the button, take a load off (Im not asking to see OPs chest I just think clothes suck and we should all be naked all the time)

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Have you looked at a tree yet? If not, be prepared to have your mind blown. You can see actual leaves!

(This is still the thing that sticks out from when I first got glasses, and every time I've had my prescription fixed/increased since)

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
I only take my glasses off when I go to bed, or in rare instances where there'd be a chance of losing them, like if I go swimming, am riding a roller coaster, etc.

Totally normal for your eyes to feel fatigued, that will pass quickly.

Style is always super subjective. I think they look pretty good on you, but (and I promise I don't mean to be a dick) personally I would have gone with a narrower frame. It's hard to tell what they really look like because of the angle, but typically you don't want much frame extending past the sides of your face, these look a little large for my preference. But get whatever you feel comfortable in.
Congrats!

Your eyes are gonna feel tired for a few days, it's normal. They'll adapt. That frame might be a bit too big for your slender face. But if you like them, just ignore other people. And yes, always wear them.
I actually have pretty big cheeks. For the first picture, I was actually in bed, and that's why the angle. Just took this one.

t1kDrKPl.jpg

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Your eyes will hurt adjusting to the glasses. They will also hurt for a while every time you change diopters.

I put my glasses on in the morning and only take them when i go to sleep.

Have you looked at a tree yet? If not, be prepared to have your mind blown. You can see actual leaves!

(This is still the thing that sticks out from when I first got glasses, and every time I've had my prescription fixed/increased since)

Mine is clothing, especially jeans. First thing i look at.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I actually have pretty big cheeks. For the first picture, I was actually in bed, and that's why the angle. Just took this one.

t1kDrKPl.jpg

Oh yeah, that does look way better.

Just another general tip (though again, do whatever you feel comfortable with), typically you want your eyes to be close to centered in the lens, looks like they're slipping down your nose a bit. That will always happen with plastic frames though. I'm sure you tried some on, some pairs have rubber pads that stop them from moving down your nose.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats on the glasses. Looking good. 35?...FernandoRocker don't crack...

Also, when time permits ( and financially etc ) get a second pair, different style so that...

a) You have something different to wear when the mood seeks it.
b) Something happens to the your primary (first) pair.

Oh and you can see better than HD!

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
slipping down your nose a bit. That will always happen with plastic frames though. I'm sure you tried some on, some pairs have rubber pads that stop them from moving down your nose.
If you have a strong prescription and/or oily skin, the frames will slip down your nose no matter what :(

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm 35, yeah. I know I kinda look younger, but the reason why I don't have any wrinkles is because I have extremely oily skin. It's a monkey paw wish... No wrinkles, but with a skin with enough oil to fry an egg on it.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Glasses are wild. I remember working and being able to see things fine. The moment I got glasses and adjusted it still feels like I'm surprised I couldn't read certain things that I clearly can see now lmao.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Frames look a little too big for your face but the style of the glasses is good

congrats on being able to see

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Looking good ! Check out online frames with a picture or live feed uploader like a clearly.ca
It's pretty cool to put all sorts of frames on your face for fun or to research styles

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
My eyes don't hurt but I usually have about a day of nausea whenever my prescriptions changes (which hasn't happened significantly in several years)

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah your eyes will feel weird for awhile while they adjust to looking through the glasses. After about a week or so you should start to mellow out. Also you look good! Not everyone can pull off the thick black frames like that!

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You're a good looking dude regardless of eyewear, but I unfortunately think those frames are a little large for your face. Also 99% of people won't share that opinion as long as you wear them confidently.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
You're a good looking dude regardless of eyewear, but I unfortunately think those frames are a little large for your face. Also 99% of people won't share that opinion as long as you wear them confidently.

Thought the same thing about the frames but didn't want to say it with all the positivity.

Now that someone else had mentioned it I want to ask OP as well... are you intentionally letting them slide down or do they just not sit high enough on your nose?

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I'm 35, yeah. I know I kinda look younger, but the reason why I don't have any wrinkles is because I have extremely oily skin. It's a monkey pawn wish... No wrinkles, but with a skin with enough oil to fry an egg in it.
Yeah I was about to say that sheen on your skin gives a very youthful apperance along with those glasses. They look nice on you! Makes you look as young as I am.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
You look good, and younger than your age too. I would strongly suggest getting smaller frames though. Your current glasses are too large for your face.

Smaller rectangular frames would complement your face shape nicely.

op5tt4q.jpg

You don't want your glasses to dwarf your head, or the other way around. Since your face is more oval than square or pointed, the contrast provided by medium rectangular frames would balance out your look for a sharper professional appearance.

Last edited:

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You look good yeah. Like the other poster ,I do think it would be even better with smaller rectangular frames though (but not TOO small. I had really small ones for years and it was annoying to see the frames in my field of vision. I was just too fucking lazy - and broke - to change, until last year).
Anyway, congrats on the HD vision.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
You look good, and younger than your age too. I would strongly suggest getting smaller frames though. Your current glasses are too large for your face.

Smaller rectangular frames would complement your face shape nicely.

op5tt4q.jpg

You don't want your glasses to dwarf your head, or the other way around. Since your face is more oval than square or pointed, the contrast provided by medium rectangular frames would balance out your look for a sharper professional appearance.

Yeah, I immediately thought a shape like this would fit OP better too.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The glasses are too big and rectangular for your face shape. You should opt for smaller ones, slightly circular (not fully round though)

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Glasses look a bit too big for your face, maybe try a slightly smaller size. Apart from that, looking good!

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the improved vision. I'm probably going to need to get a new prescription in the next year. Looking forward to having that feeling of complete clarity again.