• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I mean these are the games that were announced and released in 2018:
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate- 93/92
  • Forza Horizon 4 - 92/92
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 90/89
  • Tetris Effect - 89/89
  • AC Odyssey - 82/84
  • The Messenger - 86/87
  • Guacamelee! 2 - 83/86
  • Dark Souls Remastered - 85/85
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2 - 85/87
  • Two Point Hospital -84/85
  • etc

nfo81hfyf0221.jpg

I still think TLOU2 might make it in 2019, that Stanley Parable hint has made me a believer.
Best post

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised in any AAA releases next year surpass 90 on Metacritc

I think it's fair and understandable to not have any releases that excite you, but I'm very skeptical this above statement will end up being true. I'd figure at least one Sony or Nintendo exclusive scores better than 90. I think the problem we have right now is that there are a lot of games on the horizon without firm dates, as well as likely some unannounced games. I think it's too early to know what 2019 truly will hold or have firm expectations.

Oct 28, 2017
Wow really OP???? Kingdom hearts 3, dmc5, resident evil 2 remake, sekiro, days gone, ace combat 7, don't interest you and aren't 90 or above meta?

Most of those should hit the 80's, maybe low 90's.

Unless you're more of a multiplayer only gamer then there's call of duty and anthem next year for you, which is looking pretty good.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I'm definitely excited about the first quarter stuff, I'm down for RE2 Remake, Sekiro and Kingdom Hearts.

For the rest of the year, at this point? I'm buying The Outer Worlds assuming it actually makes 2019. Ditto for The Last of Us 2. For smaller games, I'm sold on Lapis X Labyrinth, Wargroove, and Shakedown Hawaii. I have Indivisible ordered for NSW. And Animal Crossing Switch, I'm absolutely getting.

I dont know, I feel like thats a pretty good amount of games already, considering that nowadays companies tend to start the hype cycle just a few months prior to release instead of a year in advance. Is it better than a godly year like 2017? Probably not. But still good in its own right.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
2019 is one of those few years where everyone gets something.

DMC 5
RE2
Metro Exodus
Doom Eternal
Crackdown 3
Rage 2
Ori
MK11
Etc

Seriously if you can't find a single game next year that excites maybe games aren't for you.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
This is probably the first sign that you are not THAT into gaming anymore.

What type of game do you even like, OP? Seems like you're not into hardcore Japanese AA & AAA games, seems like you are not into hardcore western AA & AAA games either. I am actually quite curious about your taste.

Last edited:

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
That's ok. I have got Tales of Vesperia (been waiting for it to release on playstation systems for 10 years, Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Judgement. Besides that I can't think of much.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
If 2019 is a slow release year that's fine by me. I have enough 2018 games on my backlog to last me into 2020.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Next year is looking a lot better for my tastes than this year, Kingdom Hearts 3, Shenmue 3 and hopefully Ghost of Tsushima have me very hyped.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the first sign that you are not THAT into gaming anymore.
Idk been gaming more than ever. I just finished Tomb Raider and Red dead 2, had a blast with both. Right before that spiderman, awesome game and now im playing assassins creed. I have also been playing a ton of PSVR, smash and mario party. I still have FH4 and pokemon on the backburner. In the in betweens i play all 3 BR games with friends (PUBG, fortnite and black ops 4).
I was more excited about the release of Far cry 5 than any of 2019 (even though i ended being a bit disappointed)

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Did I say they're bad? Nah.

I like RE, but have no interest in playing a remake. I don't like DMC. I actively dislike Metro. I have zero interest in Dying Light. Kingdom Hearts is bad. I don't care about most of Sony's first party games. Easy, right? Looking forward to a bunch of 2019 stuff, but none of those games does it for me at all. I guess everyone should have the same tastes, though.
The fuck is this?

You act like remake is a dirty word. The game is so redone that it might as well be a different game with the same scenario.

Bad taste confirmed :P

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
My thoughts are that you have very narrow taste in games. Don't think I've seen a year which wouldn't have plenty of games to be excited about. Also I don't see how it matters if other people are crazy hyped about the games. Does it have to be shared hype, isn't personal interest enough.

Last edited:

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Idk been gaming more than ever. I just finished Tomb Raider and Red dead 2, had a blast with both. Right before that spiderman, awesome game and now im playing assassins creed. I have also been playing a ton of PSVR, smash and mario party. I still have FH4 and pokemon on the backburner. In the in betweens i play all 3 BR games with friends (PUBG, fortnite and black ops 4).
I was more excited about the release of Far cry 5 than any of 2019 (even though i ended being a bit disappointed)

It seems like you are only interested in big title AAA games with a lot of production value and hype?

If big caliber AAA games are the only ones you like then I'm afraid it doesn't happen all that often, 2018 is THE year of big title AAA games while 2019 is the year of high quality hardcore video games.

If you like gameplay, 2019 will be for you, even though you are not hyped about it right now. Give those games a try, they are not multi-billion ''wow the graphics are so good'' AAA Naughty Dog games but they are far deeper and better as far as gameplay goes.

This is probably the perfect time for you to go hardcore. AAA games are nice to look at, but there's a-whole-nother world out there.

You can sit here and wait for the next Rockstar game and the next God of War game to come, or you can learn to appreciate different games, it's your call OP. If you think those FromSoftware games, Capcom games and Metro games are just fillers for the next big AAA game from Sony then sooner or later you will quit gaming. You can trust me on that one.

Last edited:

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
For me its basically:
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
The Outer Worlds
Devil May Cry V
and maybe Crackdown 3

Even though I don't have a PS4, I'm extremely excited to see how The Last of Us, Part II and Death Stranding turn out.
Also hoping for some surprise announcements/releases for next year (mainly looking at Ninja Theory and also Nintendo for Metroid Prime 4).

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry OP. I guess you don't like Japanese games much. Just like 2017, next year should be excited for Japanese games enthusiasts.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
KH3 and RE2 are right away and I'm hype for that.

Beyond that? Yeah, I'm not thrilled about 2019 right now. Sekiro, maybe, but I'm not feeling it yet.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
I'm only looking forward to Animal Crossing and even then it's hard to get excited when we know nothing about it. Hope it's more revolution than evolution.

There's typically a Zelda game every year, whether that's 3D, 2D, spin-off (Hyrule warriors style) or remake. I'll look forward to whatever they put out there, too. Skyward sword HD please :) otherwise a new 2D game would be appreciated!

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I think it's clear you're in a very small minority...I would say this didn't warrant a thread. But it quickly just transitioned into a 2019 hype thread lol. I think it's gunna be awesome as well. Probably won't be anything as good as God of War. But that will be tough to beat.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm very excited for 2019, there seem to be more games worth playing than I want to spend money on.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
With Dreams you will have all kinds of games to play (assuming it's successful).

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I guess now we know what it's like to ONLY like big caliber western AAA games.

To be fair I was once like that too, until I got bored and start playing some better games, less budget and eye candy, but better.

During the PS3 gen all I care was the Uncharted, GTA and God of War games, then I start playing Resident Evil & Silent Hill games, Metal Gear games, Deus Ex games, Yakuza games and eventually the Souls games. Since then my taste has never been the same, right now for me those AAA games are nothing but blockbuster filler titles for actual good games. Similar to the Transformer or Avengers movies. Big, simple & fun but nothing really special.

RAGE 2 and The Outer Worlds are the only two things I'm looking forward to, so kind of the same for me.

I thought you love post apocalypse games? Metro Exodus should be perfect for you.

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I couldn't disagree more. After the snore-fest of 2018, 2019 is looking to be a huge breath of fresh air. It's going to have to battle it out with 2017 for year of the generation.

Sekiro
DMC5
KH3
RE2
The Outer Worlds
Imperator: Rome
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4
Spelunky 2
Babylon's Fall
Binding of Isaac: Repentance
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Shin Megami Tensei 5

All look to be incredible. If even half of those are good as they look it'll be one of the best years of all time.

Last edited:

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
You ask for a game of the Calibur of The Last of Us, And you keep skipping the the mentions of The Last of Us 2.

then there is the possibility of Cyberpunk 2077 coming late 2019 unless it doesnt get released until 2020 despite you gave decided it's not.

Also there are bound to be unnanounced games too due which may come in a q1 Playstation conference that I'm sure we will get where they may also announce ps5, then there will be q1 Nintendo Direct also with suprise unannounced games.

They just released RDR2 so don't expect anything there from rockstar in 2019 apart from maybe an announcement.

There are also probably 30-50 announced games for 2019 so far, shame none appeal to you.

If not either skip gaming for a year and catch up wth us in 2020/21 or maybe gaming just isn't for you anymore? Or Do you have a backlog of gaming to go through maybe you could go through?

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I have the opposite problem!

I need to prune some games from my first quarter list.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a quiet year for me that is for sure. It will be a backlog clearing year.

I have Tales of Vesperia then nothing of interest until Days Gone.

Phoenix Wright and the outer worlds look okay.

Then there is no Assassins Creed next year which makes the entire year a nonstarter.

The lack of games for me makes me feel the PS5 will be November next year.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I'm excited about Kingdom Hearts 3, but I'm scared as hell. I played most of the games, save 2.8 and most of the mobile game.

I just have no fucking clue what's going on in the story. And that makes me so sad, because I love the series.

Boozer

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh,...
Sekiro
Ghost of tsushima
Ace combat 7
Code vein
Nioh 2
Last of us 2
Death stranding
Days gone....

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Looking forward to 2019 a lot.

Nintendo: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pokemon.

Sony: Mortal Kombat 11, Kingdom Hearts 3, Sekiro, DMC V.

And that's only stuff thats been announced.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
The first three months of 2019 look better than the last three months of 2018. 2019 is looking amazing, and I have at least 5 new releases I'm getting day one before the end of March.