• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Compared to all the boring stuff that was released this year, I'm hyped.

KH3, DMC 5, Resident Evil 2, Pokemon, and more

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
I understand where OP is coming from. To me it seems like a lot of the big games that have definitive 2019 release dates are playing off a familiarity with an existing series. This includes direct sequels (DMC5, KH3, MK11), remakes (RE:2), or the next game by a studio that is aimed squarely at fans of previous games (Sekiro, Outer Worlds, Judgement).

This is obviously not true for all the games coming out next year (Anthem, Days Gone, just as two examples), and there are a lot of games that could be coming out in 2019 that don't have release dates yet, but for a lot of the big games coming out in the first half of the year I feel like this is the case.

So, if you have certain blind spots in your gaming history/tastes then the announced 2019 lineup could easily be underwhelming for you.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Only 3 games confirmed for next year are on my radar and only one is a day one purchase, Samurai Shodown,the other two probably when drop price, Days gone and RE2.
Sure more may appear or maybe ones i forgot will launch in the next 12 months that will end up buying.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
There are going to be way too many games for me to get to. It's december and I have too many games to play as it is.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Crazy talk. 2019 is absolutely stacked and that's only what we know about in Q1/Q2.

I went in to 2018 excited but thought it was an unspectacular year overall. 2019 should make up for that.

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
I mean, you can not be interested personally on a game and still acknowledge that it's still a massive release. I'm not even interested in RE2(not a horror fan) and I still know that is a huge game.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Ace Combat 7, REmake 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Matro Exodus, Devil May Cry 5, Animal Crossing, Sekiro, Shenmue 3, Judgement, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Doom Eternal, Code Vein, Psychonauts 2, Dreams, Skull and Bones, In The Valley of Gods, Dying Light 2, Ghost of Tsushima, and probably Gears 5, The Last Of Us 2, Death Stranding, Cyberpunk 2077... 2019 is already stacked and this is what we know of right now.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Opposite for me, a lot of this years offerings look like wank: red dead for instance.

But next year is Devil May Cry 5, Samurai Spirits, REmake 2, Sekiro, and god willing we get Nioh 2 and Bayonetta 3 in the same year. Through in some Ori 2 which has the AM2R dude working on that and I'm pretty set if we don't get a Metroid Prime 4 next year. Ideally I would like some new ips, but I'm just happy when we get some games that have good gameplay.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's just you, fam. 2019 is shaping up to be a better year for gaming. Even if you are not into Resident Evil/DMC there are more than enough promising games coming next year.

Yes, but imagine if they keep this one for the PS5 launch. It would be the most perfect way to start next gen. 4k/60fps...one can dream, right?

Oh it'll be there for PS5 too. It's just a case of whether you can wait while everyone else is playing it on PS4. Because there's no way ND are going to go PS5 only and sacrifice a potential audience of 80 million over a potential audience of 0. Lol.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I have Sekiro and Nioh in my list followed by Days Gone (If manage to be good) The others in my mind are not confirmed.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You need to have a second look at the games coming out in 2019, it's not just Anthems and The Divisions... smh

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ive already declared 2019 my backlog year. Theres definitely things Im interested in, but theres nothing confirmed for 2019 that Im crazy for like I was for God of War, RDR2 and Spiderman this year.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are many games releasing on PS4 in 2019 that I can't wait to experience; you have Days Gone, RE2, DMC5, AC7, Granblue Fantasy, Left Alive, Anthem The Division 2, Doom Eternal, Seikiro, Nioh 2, etc. I'm most excited for Project Awakening however, should it be released in 2019.

2018 had bigger games and names releasing but I think in terms of quantity, 2019 is definitely the better year.

GIANKRATOS

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for dmc5, ctr, sekiro and re2 remake. A sequel to one of my favourite series, the remake of one of my favourite games ever, a new ip from one of my favourite studios and the remake of a great survival horror (that's no dead space but that will do) that i've never played before. That's already 4 great games, and if tlou2 hit 2019...

yxba

Oct 29, 2017
Steinbach, Manitoba
Often games for 2019 get announced in 2019. Plus.. there's that Cyberpunk 2077. We also don't know there won't be a Zelda game in 2019. Won't be a triple A game but could potentially be a follow up to A Link Between Worlds which in my opinion was just as good as Breath of the Wild.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
2019 is looking better than 2018 for me.

Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Daemon X Machina, and Pokemon already make 2019 look great, and that's not counting the titles I hope to see released in 2019 like Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and Age of Empires 4.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'll be playing Smash Bros Ultimate A LOT in 2019. Also, I will platinum KH3. My wife and I are expecting our first born in March so I won't have time for games. I'm ok if there are not many "must play" games in 2019. It will align nicely with my personal life.

Ryan_MSF

Oct 26, 2017
관악구, South Korea
2017 has been the best year this gen imo. It blew me away just how many incredible titles we got. 2019 as of right now looks like it's going to surpass it pretty easily for my tastes. There's more awesome stuff coming out in the first three months of 2019 than the entirety of 2018 for me . Each to their own OP, but damn.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember, this time last year we didn't have release dates for Smash Ultimate, RDR2, & God Of War. Hell Smash wasn't announced. Considering what we already know about the 1st quarter. next year is looking to be better than 2018. We all know 2017 > 2018.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
You're not hyped for that one... what's it's called? The Final Two or something? By Haughty Cat?

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is what it is. I mostly like the big AAA story driven games. Never got into Souls/Bloodbourne. Im not into RPGs and barely enjoy Japanese games. I do enjoy the yakuza games though
You are most certainly in the minority then. Your taste seems to be very narrow, doesn't mean the year in totality for everyone will be weak. 2018 was weak in comparison to 2017.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
New From Sofware IP coming out next year dude.....Sekiro....does that not exite you?
Doom Eternal........Doom(2016)was pretty damn good was it not?
Resident Evil 2 Remake......thats gotta be a dead cert hasn't it?
I think The Last of Us 2 is next year as well......so theres that.

Think all these could potentially be around 90MC too(not that I give a toss about MC).

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Disco Elysium.
The Outer Worlds.
Industries of Titan.
Phantom Brigade.
The Occupation.
Battletech: Urban Warfare.
Observation.
Phoenix Point.
Sable.
Wasteland 3.
Void Bastards.
Heaven's Vault.
Biomutant.
At the Gates.
Griftlands, if it still exists.
Trails from Zero fan translation, maybe.

And the distant glimmer of Cyberpunk 2077.

Games are as good as they have ever been.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New From Sofware IP coming out next year dude.....Sekiro....does that not exite you?
Doom Eternal........Doom(2016)was pretty damn good was it not?
Resident Evil 2 Remake......thats gotta be a dead cert hasn't it?
I think The Last of Us 2 is next year as well......so theres that.

Think all these could potentially be around 90MC too(not that I give a toss about MC).
I dont like any FROM games, no interest in Sekiro. I do love fps games but never liked Doom 2016, so no interest in Eternal.
Not into survival horror games, so no interest in RE2 Remake.
The consensus seems TLOU2 is going to be an early 2020 game. Obviously TLOU2 is a game thats going to get me very excited but its not confirmed 2019

GIANKRATOS

Oct 26, 2017
Also hope the reimagining of Abe's Exoddus will come out in 2019... It's been a while since the announcement

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
And i would rather play Life of Black Tiger II than Smash. On the other hand plenty of 2019 titles i'm waiting for. Thats the beauty of opinions, everyone can have a different one

Your expectation that no game will be over 90 MC is - sorry for being frank - completely ridiculous though. It wont be the worst year in gaming, not even close to it

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I'm very excited for Dragon Quest Builders 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Bio Mutant, I'm sure there are other games too.

I'm moderately excited for Anthem and the Division 2

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure you have a huge backlog like the rest of us. There's years like these for everyone once in a while.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know M2 should release Virtua Racing somewhere in 2019 on Switch...

There's a lot of variety of games next year, OP. You will find something to play eventually.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree but also Sony hasn't talked about their exclusives and a few of those are amongst my most hyped.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, nothing I really care about announced yet. Maybe Sekiro? I'll wait for reviews and in the meantime I'll catch up on a bunch of stuff. My wallet needs a break anyways.

Oct 25, 2017
I understand where OP is coming from. To me it seems like a lot of the big games that have definitive 2019 release dates are playing off a familiarity with an existing series. This includes direct sequels (DMC5, KH3, MK11), remakes (RE:2), or the next game by a studio that is aimed squarely at fans of previous games (Sekiro, Outer Worlds, Judgement).

I mean, i can understand your point, but how is that any different from the games the OP used as an example for 2018 being so good?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Next year should be pretty good.

- Newly revealed game from Obsidian. Outer Worlds looks like New Vegas in space and that's awesome.
- New Fire Emblem on the Switch
- Hopefully SMT V will finally be out (yeah, unlikely)
- EA's Star Wars game should be out
- Proper Pokémon for kids and kids at heart. Also Yokai Watch 4 (not in the West though)
- Disco Elisyum
- Too many strategy games to list
- Maybe even TLOU2
- Many more I missed.