• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Release date: 17 Nov, 2009

023.jpg

I still remember my 14yo dumb ass playing the first one and being scared as shit to the point I wouldn't enter the first door of No Mercy. The first game I played that gave me some huge adrenaline boost in less than 2 seconds.

How come L4D2 released within a year of the first game but we're almost 10 years and nothing is going on ?

Also, what is the new L4D these days ? What has replaced this game itch for you ? Vermintide ? That game with goblin miners ?

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
And Left 4 Dead 3 was far enough along that they were bringing in people from outside of Valve to test it.

I wonder what happened to that game.

Aug 27, 2018
Left 4 Dead 1/2 were so good, I could pick that game up RIGHT NOW and start having fun immediately. There aren't a ton of older multiplayer games I could say that about.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I still remember playing L4D1 for the first time coop with 2 of my friends. Almost got a heart attack when I found a little girl crying and my friends were like "oh we have to save her, just walk up to her and take her with you" which I did.

lol

Anyway these games are so much fun!

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Possibly my favourite game ever, especially on PC with all the free DLC that was added.

L4D seems like a no brainer for the GaaS model so it's super frustrating that it seems to be dead.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hard Rain on the hardest difficulty was the shit. They nailed the sound design, with the downpours making the other players harder to hear and all.
Left 4 Dead 1 was also freaking scary back then. I won't forget the way it felt when I first tried the beta.

Versus mode was also great stuff.