• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
You only get one life OP and wanting a release from pain is understandable. Thing is once you are dead you are dead. No more orgasms. No more lovely food. No more cuddles. You will die one day this is guaranteed so if you can hold on and talk to someone impartial about how you feel you can get through these thoughts. I don't for one-second blame you for them. Life is a fucking joke but you can get through it as death is our reward in the end anyway. Try and talk about it and do something you enjoy however minuscule you might think it is. Best we can do on a daily basis is to try and enjoy a piece of it. A tiny piece is better than none. Talk to someone qualified. Love from Scotland. X

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Hi OP.

I don't know what it's like to suffer physical pain for years that it causes depression. I couldn't begin to imagine what that's like, but I know how hard depression is to live with. I understand what it's like to have that monster within. To have all the joy of things you used to love sucked away. To feel upset from the moment of waking to the time you sleep, that is if you get much sleep at all. I know what's it like to want to end it all.

I felt the same once. I almost went through with it. I was going to OD myself. Painless way to go. Just like falling asleep, but the difference this time would be I wouldn't wake up and all the pain would be over. I would be in peace and my loved ones wouldn't have to put up with me again.

Thinking about my loved ones is what stopped me. The thought of my wife and child finding my body. That would cause them a world of pain and suffering. I would mentality scare them for life. It was then that I knew I needed help, and not just support from my family, because a lot of people still don't understand depression. I'm not trying to guilt trip you here, but you need to consider the impact your actions will have on other people.

My advice is to talk to people and seek professional help. If you're like me than that's easier said than done. Talking to my wife and family about it was hard enough. The thought of talking to an absolute stranger about the way I felt seemed so alien. It was tough, but taking that first step and seeking real help was the best thing I ever did. I'm not sure if you're ever cured, but I feel a completely different person to the man who locked himself up in the bathroom, complete with a full packet of paracetamol.

Many people think you can just "man up" and will yourself out of depression, but it doesn't work like that. The only way to get better is to get real professional help.

I know you want to end your life, but it's not the answer. I don't know who you are, where you live or really anything about your life, but I know there are people on this planet that love you and need you. You still have a life and a choice on what you do with it. Don't let depression win.

All the best OP. I really hope everything works out for you like it did for me and the millions of others who beat it.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Don't please. There are people who care about you even don't feel it. Things will be better, you won't feel this way all your life.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive commentary, making light of mental health concerns
You waited until Christmas day to post this and you have less than 40 posts to your account. Just seems like attention seeking to me and not sure why this is still open.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You waited until Christmas day to post this and you have less than 40 posts to your account. Just seems like attention seeking to me and not sure why this is still open.
It's something you can't just dismiss because it might not be real. It has to be taken seriously and just locking the thread and moving isn't the way to go.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
It's something you can't just dismiss because it might not be real. It has to be taken seriously and just locking the thread and moving isn't the way to go.

I'd have a no suicide thread rule, you want to talk about mental health issues, fine we have a community.

We're not here to save people, nor are we qualified.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
It is attention seeking. OP is seeking attention because they're fucking suicidal and want people to listen to them. If OP isn't sincere (although I don't believe that for a second) then the worst case scenario is that a bunch of us have tried to save a life. If OP is sincere, on the other hand, and people don't believe him the consequences are vastly more serious. So, you know, be on your merry way.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Life sucks but all we can do is enjoy the little things and enjoy our company man. It's okay to feel what you're feeling. Don't do it though.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
It is attention seeking. OP is seeking attention because they're fucking suicidal and want people to listen to them. If OP isn't sincere (although I don't believe that for a second) then the worst case scenario is that a bunch of us have tried to save a life. If OP is sincere, on the other hand, and people don't believe him the consequences are vastly more serious. So, you know, be on your merry way.

Fair enough, but I think the mods should have locked this up straight away. None of us are qualified or do we know he op(based upon the 40 odd posts) to help.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We have touched base with the OP and provided resources. Thank you to all those who offered support to a fellow community member. As the situation seems to no longer be urgent, we are locking the thread for further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.