• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
We hosted a party with over 100 guests at our house. As usual, the adults drank, karaokied, gambled, and danced in the garage and the backyard while the kids stayed inside, many of whom were upstairs doing snapchat, dubsmash and fortnite dances. When I went up to check on the shit su (the dog that hasn't seen me naked), I glanced at the play room and saw a boy laying on the carpet with his arms crossed against his chest, surrounded by several kids. I thought it normal, but sometime between that thought and me turning away, I realized that I wasn't seeing his head at all: It was blocked another with cream pants sitting on his face. I was taken aback and honestly slightly petrified. I asked the squatted boy to stop what he was doing because of the risk of suffocation. As he was getting up, he smiled at me and said, "he seems kinda gay that's why." Some of the kids around them began giggling, and one was asking who would go next, which I now realize means that it had been going on before I got there. I was and still am so confused by what I fucking witnessed.

When I finally came to my senses, I just felt so bad for the kid. I noticed that he was kinda shunned by the group throughout the party, and so I made an effort to interact with him. Thankfully, the shit su dog was a great talking point. He absolutely loved it and played with it for the rest of the party.

But man, I'm still a little bothered by what I saw.

Does anyone have any clue what this whole situation was about? Is this a new thing?

Did I witness a hazing?

To be honest, I don't think I did or said enough when I tried to handle the situation.

Dec 2, 2017
Kids are always dicks and homophobia hasn't gone away. When I was a kid I got beat up for reading Jacqueline Wilson books (who is primarily considered an author for younger to teenage girls) because apparently that made me a 'poofter' or 'queer'

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the homophobic kid puts his butt in the other kid's face?
CartmanSucks19.jpg

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
1. Kids are twats. It's an unfortunate part of teenage cerebral development.
2. Homophobes are always the first to partake in homosexual acts ( wonder why??????)
3. Why are people dancing in your garage?
4. Shih Tzu
5. Why didn't you get the parents involved?
6. Why are people dancing in your garage?

OP
OP
KrigareN-

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
1. Kids are twats. It's an unfortunate part of teenage cerebral development.
2. Homophobes are always the first to partake in homosexual acts ( wonder why??????)
3. Why are people dancing in your garage?
4. Shih Tzu
5. Why didn't you get the parents involved?
6. Why are people dancing in your garage?

People twerk and do raunchy things when they're drunk and are being played sexually explicit songs. Don't know if I saw a male stripper even.

Do you know who the kids were and who their parents are? Maybe you could reach out to them and have a chat about it.
No, they're not familiar to me. And this happened about 5 hours ago, they're long gone now. :/

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You saw bullying/hazing, and, imo, you should have told-off the bully and the kids giggling. You should also speak to the parents involved.

Don't beat yourself up, you looked out for the kid and that's already more than most, but next time try to do more to try to educate/punish the bullies.

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
People twerk and do raunchy things when they're drunk and are being played sexually explicit songs. Don't know if I saw a male stripper even.

No, they're not familiar to me. And this happened about 5 hours ago, they're long gone now. :/

I would send out an email / letter to all the guests and tell them what you witnessed, and suggest they all have a talk with their kids about it. Tell them why that bothered you. Hopefully the parents will find out if their kid took part in it or not, and if they did, to have a nice, long discussion with them about why that was bad.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I would had to explain to the kid....

You think this kid is gay.... But you're the one wearing cream pants and putting your ass in his face?....

Nothing wrong with being gay kid... But I think you need to rethink who's "more gay" in this situation...

Shake my head and walk away....

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You saw bullying/hazing, and, imo, you should have told-off the bully and the kids giggling. You should also speak to the parents involved.

Don't beat yourself up, you looked out for the kid and that's already more than most, but next time try to do more to try to educate/punish the bullies.
Personally I think he should have done even more, especially as the host of the party. He witnessed the scenes and literally did nothing.

Also, a 100 people party? Sounds pretty rich to me and not what I would enjoy as you loose track of people and what is happening in your home.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I think he should have done even more, especially as the host of the party. He witnessed the scenes and literally did nothing.

Also, a 100 people party? Sounds pretty rich to me and not what I would enjoy as you loose track of people and what is happening in your home.

There's not more he could have done beyond telling he kids off/attempting to explain why the behaviour was wrong, and informing their parents.

OP
OP
KrigareN-

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

I don't know why him possibly suffocating was my main or even only concern at that moment. In retrospect, I witnessed bullying and I didn't handle or tackle that beyond ending the whole ruckus.

How can someone have 100 friends, let alone enough room to gather them in one place

100 people at the house? What kind of party was it? And where do you live damn

You guys are overestimating the space 100+ people occupy. I mean our house is quite big, but if you include the driveway, garage, patio/gazebo, it's easy to fit even 200 people, which was how many we invited.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like textbook hazing/bullying. Maybe try to track down the kids' parents and express your concerns.

Also, lol at people asking how someone can host 100 people at their house. Not everyone lives in 1 bedroom apartments.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I would send out an email / letter to all the guests and tell them what you witnessed, and suggest they all have a talk with their kids about it. Tell them why that bothered you. Hopefully the parents will find out if their kid took part in it or not, and if they did, to have a nice, long discussion with them about why that was bad.

This answer? This is the one. This is being best.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's not more he could have done beyond telling he kids off/attempting to explain why the behaviour was wrong, and informing their parents.
Guess the issue was too personal for me. Just don't like when others behave that way.

Sounds like textbook hazing/bullying. Maybe try to track down the kids' parents and express your concerns.

Also, lol at people asking how someone can host 100 people at their house. Not everyone lives in 1 bedroom apartments.
Just seems too much for me, you won't have time, it is expensive and I doubt you actually know 100 people really. In the end you have like 50% just smooching of your money you payed for the event. But that is just my personal opinion, nothing wrong with doing so.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Guess the issue was too personal for me. Just don't like when others behave that way.

Just seems too much for me, you won't have time, it is expensive and I doubt you actually know 100 people really. In the end you have like 50% just smooching of your money you payed for the event. But that is just my personal opinion, nothing wrong with doing so.

You sound quite bitter about this, I hope you don't have too much bad history with bullying etc... I was bullied a lot as a child, still not quite undone all the damage it caused and I'm in my 30s.

OP
OP
KrigareN-

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I don't have any of their contact information. And even if I did, this is somewhat too out there of an approach for me, even if I know it's the ideal one.

Deleted member 15326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That scene sounds like something that would have gotten a loud "the fuck's going on here" and some shocked kids and parents but I guess suburbia rocks differently

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Kids are assholes, good for you for making that kid feel welcome.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I think you should send the bully's parents gifs from True Detective. You know the ones.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I would had to explain to the kid....

You think this kid is gay.... But you're the one wearing cream pants and putting your ass in his face?....

Nothing wrong with being gay kid... But I think you need to rethink who's "more gay" in this situation...

Shake my head and walk away....
When I was a kid there was one kid in my neighborhood who tried bullying me in front of my mother putting me in a headlock, calling me gay (though in a much more offensive way) and telling me he was going to make me suck his dick. My mom didn't yell, get physical or anything she just quietly and rationally asked him to think about it, wouldn't that make him gay?

He literally never bothered me again to the point of avoiding me and going home anytime he saw I was out playing.