• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zoggy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That scene sounds like something that would have gotten a loud "the fuck's going on here" and some shocked kids and parents but I guess suburbia rocks differently
This

That's all you need to end a stupid shit show like that. And all the kids would wisen up and fall in line.

Op is weak and doesn't know how to show strict dominance and discipline, in front of a bunch of fucking kids.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I was a kid there was one kid in my neighborhood who tried bullying me in front of my mother putting me in a headlock, calling me gay (though in a much more offensive way) and telling me he was going to make me suck his dick. My mom didn't yell, get physical or anything she just quietly and rationally asked him to think about it, wouldn't that make him gay?

He literally never bothered me again to the point of avoiding me and going home anytime he saw I was out playing.

Exact same way I would have handled this. Most kids aren't going to process introspection or reason from a stranger. "If you're sitting on his face because he's gay, doesn't that make you the other man?" This would have likely resulted in the other kids laughing at him, him being embarrassed for being an asshole and the whole thing stopping.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2. Homophobes are always the first to partake in homosexual acts ( wonder why??????)

I know people are trying to be helpful when they say stuff like this, but this narrative is wrong and tone deaf. It comes off as if gay people are the cause of homophobia. So and so person is a homophobe so they must be gay ha! I hear it all the time.

I know people have self hatred about their own race or sexuality sometimes. But the overwhelming majority of homophobia comes from religious straight people.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would send out an email / letter to all the guests and tell them what you witnessed, and suggest they all have a talk with their kids about it. Tell them why that bothered you. Hopefully the parents will find out if their kid took part in it or not, and if they did, to have a nice, long discussion with them about why that was bad.

I know people are trying to be helpful when they say stuff like this, but this narrative is wrong and tone deaf. It comes off as if gay people are the cause of homophobia. So and so person is a homophobe so they must be gay ha! I hear it all the time.

I know people have self hatred about their own race or sexuality sometimes. But the overwhelming majority of homophobia comes from religious straight people.

Less homosexuality causing homophobia and more that homophobia is sometimes an expression of self-hatred for someone struggling with their own sexuality.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
I swear some of these Ops I don't get how people can have this kind of reaction and have the inability to interact with human beings, even little kids.

I personally would have said more and definitely had talked to or located the bullies parents and let them handle it all the while being very loud at this kind of behavior would not be tolerated in my family's house.

(Well, your family. My family tend to be the asses...)

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
This happened to be in high school on the bus. I was a loner and everyone just looked on and laughed. I honestly don't know why it happened but it was one of the many events during that time that caused me to be so closed off from society.

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously everyone that associates with OP is sexually stunted and confused. He refuses to let his dog see him naked. There are deep, troubling things at play here that should be apparent to any well-adjusted individual. This sort of a behavior should not be surprising.

OP
OP
KrigareN-

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
This happened to be in high school on the bus. I was a loner and everyone just looked on and laughed. I honestly don't know why it happened but it was one of the many events during that time that caused me to be so closed off from society.
Oh wow, I thought this was a random and isolated situation. I seriously had not heard of this form of bullying. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience.

Considering its long-term effect on you, I am now feeling a bit responsible for the child and what went down. His time with me and the dog was great and his gentle disposition was endearing, but I still did not attempt to end what may be a cyclic experience for him.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
OP talks about a bullying incident. Incomes posts joking about OP's past thread.

At least you stopped the incident and let the bullied kid get out of the situation. Now you're better prepared to handle this situation in the future,

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly what did you guys do in college. We had 100+ people in our apartment like every other week.

How is this shocking.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I thought this was a random and isolated situation. I seriously had not heard of this form of bullying. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience.

Considering its long-term effect on you, I am now feeling a bit responsible for the child and what went down. His time with me and the dog was great and his gentle disposition was endearing, but I still did not attempt to end what may be a cyclic experience for him.

It isn't your fault, and just being nice to him was a very good gesture.

As for me it was a one time thing, but it was apart of a series of bullshit that occurred. Wasn't the soul issue for me but just a part of all the pieces.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure my whole post was obviously tongue-in-cheek and without any attempt to be helpful actually.