• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Persona 5, I waited 7 years for it and was very disappointed

Same for me. Was so excited to play it. Spent the first 15 hours thinking "Wow I cant wait for this to pick up!"

It didnt really pick up til the last leg of the game. Pretty sad about it. Style, gameplay and designs are fantastic. Story was just unfufilling and some things just didn't sit well with me (Morgana forcing me to sleep when I wanted to work on my guts :/ )

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Coming back to the DLC for Horizon made me realize I was an absolute madman for playing the game on Hard when it came out. I guess I had time to get accustomed to the difficulty, but I lowered it to easy and still found some of the new enemies to be absolute bullshit, not to mention the fact everything becomes hostile if you get too close so encounters can sometimes spiral out of control.

If it wasn't for the super suit and turning the difficulty down to easy, I don't know if I could have finished that DLC. I still think the game is a fantastic foundation to build on for a developer who has never made a game in this genre, but man, combat was annoying going back to it months later.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon for me. Interesting story, graphic and characters but the combat, gameplay, side quests and pretty much anything is pretty bad. Also, the world is so boring and you can't climb anything so it limits you very much (I played it after BOTW so maybe that's why I see it in that way for this part). So yeah, I didn't like it like others and sold the game after playing it for 20 hours.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So after BotW it just sounds like everyone wants climbing simulators now. I guess an EA mountaineering game will win GOTY next year.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Aiming the bow feels pretty slick in HZD. I'm an hour into it after completing AC Origins.

The menus and picking up animations in HZD come across really cumbersome. I used to feel this in Uncharted 1-2 pressing triangle to pick up ammo so it's not a new thing I notice.. ACO devs did good finally cutting to the chase and allow you to pick up stuff on the fly I love the layout of menus and gear in ACO.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Horizon for me. Interesting story, graphic and characters but the combat, gameplay, side quests and pretty much anything is pretty bad. Also, the world is so boring and you can't climb anything so it limits you very much (I played it after BOTW so maybe that's why I see it in that way for this part). So yeah, I didn't like it like others and sold the game after playing it for 20 hours.
I've had no issues in climbing/getting to where i wanna go (so far), i don't get the complaints really.

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing has beaten Horizon this year for me in terms of open world games. BOTW was the biggest disappointment. I had so many issues with the menus and controls. It felt like I was trying to learn the controls every time I played.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't get what was so special about Nier. I was told it would 'go places' and it never did. I guess if someone has never sat through any of the 1998-2004 era anime's, it would be new territory, but I was expecting some seriously thought provoking stuff considering the praise from basically everywhere (especially Giant Bomb). It honestly all seemed super predictable to me on the major story beats. I even guessed how game C was gonna go a quarter of the way through B. The final lore revelations were very underwhelming.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Mario Odyssey. It is still a great game, but it is not something I wanted to play non-stop like Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy when they were released.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, you can climb most of the simple things but there's others that from some reason you can't climb at all. And in other cases, you can't climb some mountains and need to make another path.
Well i just started playing it so... maybe i'll come across something that i can't climb, it's no deal breaker personally speaking but i can see why people who just went from playing BotW to Horizon could have issues with that.