• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is kinda wild across the board. Why is the treasury twitter trying to attack Musk? This blogger is pretty eye rolling in his love for Musk though.

Maybe the treasury will get called a pedophile by Elon soon and we'll have some good drama on our hands.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If only some of the Illinois state government's twitter accounts had been this savage when Musk was proposing that ridiculous O'Hare line

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Billionaires are hated on this forum. Except Elon Musk by his fanboys. It's a guarantee that his defense force will always show up to defend him.

Feb 1, 2018
Calling him an asshole is edgy vitriol? Idk man, seems like there is plenty of reason to call him aasshole. I didn't say anything about Grimes either so you can kindly cut that shit out now. Extremely disingenuous

We're not talking about you, and it's not disingenuous at all, go read the (locked) thread and notice the calls for violence, cannibalism references, and the classic "fuck that baby" comment, and the implicit misogyny towards grimes

Like its objectively grosser than some stem student/nerd saying elon musk is a role model for them or whatever

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
We're not talking about you, and it's not disingenuous at all, go read the (locked) thread and notice the calls for violence, cannibalism references, and the classic "fuck that baby" comment, and the implicit misogyny towards grimes

Like its objectively grosser than some stem student/nerd saying elon musk is a role model for them or whatever
That shit was wild, I don't even think the guy who said we should eat the baby caught a ban.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. You can like his accomplishments and drive but the idol worship is wtf considering his personality and past history.
Same reason people worshipped Steve jobs. Dude was an asshole by every metric but worshipped like a god.

He's bringing innovation into not only tech and every day use but also forward thinking environmental areas. Jobs made the iPhone. Sweet gadget but that's it

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
The hate for Elon is overblown. He has some good ideas. Like indentured servitude in space.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It is a waste of energy to idolize or literally hate the dude. Criticize for his wackadoo actions, sure. Appreciate the technical innovations of Telsa, ye (I know not just how involved Musk is in the process to say anything regarding his specific role). But that should be the extent of it.
That shit was wild, I don't even think the guy who said we should eat the baby caught a ban.

That one was an obvious joke. No one is eating babies besides Sasquatch.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think that's because the purported humour in stuff like that directly comes from being so extreme and ridiculous that no one can rightly take it seriously. Thats a part of why the California cheeseburger joke in the Simpsons works.

Oct 25, 2017
It is a waste of energy to idolize or literally hate the dude. Criticize for his wackadoo actions, sure. Appreciate the technical innovations of Telsa, ye (I know not just how involved Musk is in the process to say anything regarding his specific role). But that should be the extent of it.

That one was an obvious joke. No one is eating babies besides Sasquatch.
I think that's because the purported humour in stuff like that directly comes from being so extreme and ridiculous that no one can rightly take it seriously...

Yeah... I understand that but it's not really an excuse.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Didn't see that thread, it sounds awful. It's not that people see him as a role model, it's that they see him as some Messiah figure who is saving the world, which is delusional.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... I understand that but it's not really an excuse.

An excuse for what? A silly over the top & dubious hot take in a celebrity news thread?

The mods imo can have a problem with consistency or methodically demonstrating exactly what lines shouldn't be crossed, but this line doesn't flag any real or practical concern for me. It seems like a lot of concern over decorum when the people in question aren't even here to be harmed by poor decorum.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my friend were talking about this the other day. He is a huge Musk and Tesla fanboy.

We weren't talking about whether or not Musk is an asshole. It was about social media and if Twitter was ultimately a positive or negative for Musk. My friend argued that twitter has been a huge positive for Telsa and has generated a ton of hype and basically free advertising, but on the other hand Musk can be a huge moron and often sticks his foot in his mouth.

I am pretty sure we wouldn't be talking about whether Musk is a hero, asshole or just a regular ol CEO if he didn't have such a giant internet presence. Most CEOs are inhuman assholes, its probably a requirement for the job, but we don't talk about them the way we do about Musk because they try to keep their privacy and have a tight control on their image.

Oct 25, 2017
An excuse for what? A silly over the top & dubious hot take in a celebrity news thread?

The mods imo can have a problem with consistency or methodically demonstrating exactly what lines shouldn't be crossed, but this line doesn't flag any real or practical concern for me. It seems like a lot of concern over decorum when the people in question aren't even here to be harmed by poor decorum.
To me? It was pretty much definition of inflammatory trolling
That said, i'd prefer that we just agree to disagree and move on as we've veered off course from this discussion and into backseat modding territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.