• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to preface this by saying that I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm very aware of how I was wrong in this situation, what I should have done and what I should do now. This is a situation I've been dealing with for the past 14 months or so, and haven't been able to speak to anyone about it. Literally never breathed a word of it to anyone, and I just need to let some stuff off my chest. This will probably be a long read, and may not make sense in parts, I'm very emotional right now and I'm just rattling stuff off as it comes to me. There's also probably more to this story, but a lot of what seems relevant to me may not be to someone on the outside, so I'll probably leave a bunch of stuff out.

Over a year ago now I started a new job. Nothing exciting, for a pretty small company looking to expand. The day I started, 2 other new people started along side me. One of this was a girl, we'll call her Sarah. I thought Sarah was cute, but I was in a relationship and she was married so I never thought of her as anything other than a colleague. We never spoke outside of work and I never thought of her outside of work unless it was for work reasons, but in work we got along really really well. We shared a desk and were basically in our own team, so we spoke to each other much more than we spoke to anyone else in the office. Around Halloween last year, I started developing a bit of a crush on her and started thinking about her a bit more, but nothing serious. I never even entertained the idea of doing anything about it or it leading to anything, because again we were both in long term relationships, and I just assumed it would pass eventually as crushes usually do.

Then the Christmas office party happened. The whole office went for dinner and drinks, management paid for everything. Later in the evening everyone was pretty drunk but all still in good spirits. At one point Sarah grabbed me by the hand and dragged me up to dance. There was a guy in a corner of the bar playing an acoustic guitar set, so we went over to him and started dancing. At one point she turned away from me to watch the guy play, so I just sort of stood there behind her drinking my pint. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but at a point I noticed that she had backed up into me and was rubbing her butt against my crotch. I sort of just froze, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't tell if she realised she was doing it or if she was just that drunk, but then she reached around and grabbed my hand and put it around her waist. I was shocked and again just sort of froze not really knowing what to do, then she turned around and pulled me in and kissed me. I kissed her back for a second or two then pulled away and said we shouldn't be doing this. She just looked up at me and gave me this smile that I can still see today and from that moment I was lost. I kissed her back. We spent most of the night kissing, in the bar, outside, in the lobby of her apartment building. She went upstairs to her apartment and I went home and that was that.

The next day I woke up to a message from her. We'd exchanged numbers pretty soon after we started working together but had never messaged each other before, it was really just in case of work stuff. We messaged for a bit about what had happened. I felt guilty and was really apologetic, but she seemed fine with it. Very much a "We were drunk, we only kissed, it's not a big deal, we're fine". I was relieved to hear her say that because she was the one that was married, so if she didn't think it was a big deal then that made me feel a bit better. That said, I'd never kissed anyone else in the entire 8 years I was with my partner, so I still felt guilty about that. I never told her, but about a week later I broke up with her. Not because of the kiss, the was more of a symptom than a cause. Things weren't great between us for a long time so I decided it was time to end it. I moved out and that was pretty much that.

Since that first message after the Christmas party, we began messaging constantly. All day every day, sometimes even in work while we were sitting next to each other. Around 2 weeks after the Christmas party, Sarah decided that she wanted to try and organise another round of drinks as there was a local beer market happening. I, sort of jokingly, suggested that it might be more fun if just the two of us went and she agreed. So the plan was for us to go for a few drinks on Friday after work, just the two of us. On Thursday, she came in to work and was clearly sick. Her daughter had just gotten over the chicken pox, and as Sarah had never had them as a child, she seemed to have picked them up. No spots or anything yet, just feverish and stuff. She worked from home on Friday and while she still wanted to go for drinks, didn't want to go out into a public place with chicken pox in case she spread them around so I suggested I grab a bottle of wine and call round to her apartment (Her husband had flown to a different city that day to spend Christmas with his mum, Sarah was due to join him the next day).

Round at her apartment we spent hours chatting, went through a couple of bottles of wine, and ended up kissing again. I think we both knew it was going to happen and we both wanted it to happen, but were just scared because of the obvious messiness of the situation. I decided I should go, because even though I wanted to kiss her I still felt guilty about it. About 5 minutes after I left she messaged me telling me how wet she was. I was, again, shocked but it was also incredibly hot. I told her that it sucked that I had to wait until I had to get home to masturbate and she replied saying she didn't have to wait and was about to start. After that, things really escalated between us.

We messaged constantly over the Christmas break, and when she came back and we were both in work, things started really heating up between us. We'd make excuses to go out for drinks at least once a week, a couple of times a week I'd drive her up to her daughters daycare and drop her off. Both were just excuses to sit and make out. We started sending each other sexually explicit texts in work. She'd go into the bathroom, take a photo of herself topless then wait until she was back at the desk before sending it to me just so she could see my reaction. We talked about sex constantly, what we wanted to do to each other, the fantasises we had about each other. We'd send nudes, videos of ourselves masturbating, mutual masturbation over video call when we could. We'd go into the bathrooms of the office, literally about 8ft away from our desk, to make out. One day we went for a walk to the shop on our lunch, and about halfway through the walk when no one was around she opened her coat to reveal that she wasn't wearing a top or bra underneath. It was all incredibly hot, and very exciting and everything was great for a few months.

Eventually, I started to realise that I was properly falling in love with her. I didn't know at the time if she felt the same, I had always gotten the vibe that from her this was purely sexual. But, it became clear over time that she had feelings for me too. Maybe not love, but she openly admitted that she had really strong feelings for me past just a crush. We talked constantly, openly about everything. I talked to her about things that even my partner of 8 years didn't know. We made each other laugh constantly, we just completely got each other. To use her words, we just really clicked" She'd talk to me about her husband, and occasionally mention things like him saying that the only reason they were still married was because they had a kid together. She talked about how she loved him, but she had loved other people in the past more than she loves him. I tried to not ask her too much about her relationship with her husband, both because I didn't feel like it was appropriate and also because I just didn't want to talk to the girl I was falling in love with about her husband. But from what she did say about him I always got the impression that they married because she fell pregnant and they felt like that was the right thing to do. Her especially, she comes from a background where having a child outside of marriage is very much looked down upon.

She tried to call things off a few times, not so much because she felt guilty, but because she was scared of her husband finding out. But, we always ended up back seeing each other again after a day or two. We just couldn't keep away from each other, made more difficult by the fact we spent 40 hours a week sitting next to each other. A couple of months ago, she made it clear that she really wanted to stop. I'd gotten her a card for a specific occasion, and her husband found it. He already knew I existed, and I think he was already a little jealous and suspicious of me, but he found the card and the note I'd written in it and called her out on it. There was nothing sexual or even romantic in the card, but the fact that I'd gotten her a card at all was enough for him challenge her. She denied that anything was happening, but then made it clear to me that things had to stop. I obviously didn't want to because at this point I was completely in love with her, but I understood. We still messaged as friends, but pretty much everything else had stopped. We still flirted, and on a couple of occasions we sexted but nothing physical happened between us since.

About 2 months ago now, she left the company we worked at. She got a much better job and although I was pretty down that I wasn't going to be seeing her every day, I was stoked for her getting a better position for much higher pay. Between leaving our company and starting a new one, there was about a one month gap where she was out of work. The day after she left, I called round to her apartment during my lunch hour and we chatted for ages about her leaving, what it mean, how it made us feel. It ended with me trying to kiss her, and her asking me not to. I can't really explain why I did. In the moment, I know she wanted me to kiss her, but she didn't at the same time. It's hard to explain. I know she wanted me to kiss her though, she hasn't outright denied that. Around 2 weeks ago, we were meeting up a lot. Her husbands mother was over and staying with them for a few week, her husband still had work during the day so she was looking for any excuse to leave the house. We went for pints, spent entire days together (I took PTO from work) and things were nice. One day she messaged me in the evening saying she felt really lonely after leaving me that day, and I felt the same. I know I was still in love with her, those feelings went away, and I was starting to feel that she still felt the same way about me.

Last Friday we went out as a group for drinks. A couple of people from the office, her and one other guy who had left for another company a couple of weeks prior. It was a good night, nothing happened, everyone just chatted and went home early enough. The next day we were messaging as normal, until some time in the late afternoon. I sent her a message and she didn't reply to it all evening. I didn't think much of it at the time, but when she still hadn't replied the next morning I thought that was weird. Normally she messages me pretty much as soon as she gets up. I set her a message in the afternoon asking if everything was ok, and she read it but didn't reply. I sent her another message that evening wishing her good luck in her new job (which she was starting the next day), and the next morning she still hadn't replied. At this point I was getting genuinely worried that something had happened to her. I sent her another message (Around 7:30am on Monday morning, the last message I'd received from her was around 3pm on Saturday) just saying "Please let me know you're ok". The reply I got was like being hit by a truck.

"My husband has read all our chats, I've fucked up the one thing I truly cared about. I can't be a part of this friendship any more, I'm sorry. Please stay away, I really mean it".

I immediately replied asking if I could call her so we could talk and she just replied "no". I sent another couple off messages since then, to no reply. I couldn't deal with that. Over the past year, aside from falling in love with her and all that other stuff, she had become my best friend. The person I could speak to about anything at any time, and to go from messaging constantly every day to just complete silence just broke me. It feels like she's died or something. I sent her one last message last night. I've since deleted it, so I'm paraphrasing, but I basically said "I'm having a really hard time dealing with this. I can't just go from messaging you every day and seeing you all the time to losing you completely over night. If you think that trying to work things out with your husband is what's really best for you then I obviously want you to do that, and I I know you don't owe me anything, but I need more closure than that. It's too hard for me to just pretend you don't exist all of a sudden. Please just say anything to me, tell me how you're doing, how your new jobs is. Just something" to which she replied "I'm sorry you feel that way, try to find your own way to move past this and don't message me again".

So that's where I'm at now. I don't know what to do. I feel like my life has been ripped from me. Even though I never really had her, I've lost the woman I love in the space of a day. From constant messaging and chatting every day, to her telling me never to message her again. Again, I get why, but that doesn't make it any easier. It's like I'm going through a break up with something I wasn't in a relationship with. When she said things had to stop, that really sucked but I was ok with it because I still got to be friends with her, and hang out with her and talk to her. I was moving on in my own way, I was still in love with her but I was getting better at pushing that aside and just being friends. But now, I don't even have that. I've completely lost her. When she sent me that message on Monday, I just walked out of work and didn't go back until today. I spent the last 2 days drinking heavily, crying and having panic attacks. I'm back in work today, but I can't stop thinking about her. It's taking all my strength not to just call her and try to talk to her. Aside from the whole infidelity thing, I don't think I've done anything "wrong" in the sense that I haven't done anything to make her angry at me. I think that's the hardest part, those last 2 blunt messages. I can't read tone over text, so I've no idea if she's sad when she's sending them, or angry, or indifferent. I don't know anything. That's what's killing me. I feel like if I knew she was hurting over this too, that would make it easier for me, but in my head I just keep thinking she's angry and me and that makes it impossible to stop thinking about. I just want to try and smooth things over with her, but in the last message I sent her (Before she replied saying "don't message her again") I promised her it would be the last message I ever send her unless she wanted to speak to me, and I don't want to break that promise.

If you took the time to read all that, then I seriously thank you. I don't need anyone to say anything, I just needed to get everything off my chest to try and start moving on from all this.

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Im very sorry OP, sometimes life just doesent go the way we wanted it, even if we dont do anything wrong.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should read more then because we never slept together, and I state that.
My bad then, when the sexting starts and it's about "hey let's grab more drinks" I thought that's where it was headed. (edit: read a bit more and that's way more than sexting too lol, basically just like sex)
Still wrong though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand you're in pain OP, but the pain is good despite it hurting like hell. She's in pain too. That's why she needs space, why she wants you to leave her alone. You and her aren't the only ones in pain either, her husband is.

Sit in that pain, and don't engage married women on that level again. And perhaps take a break from being intimate in any fashion with women for a period of time so you can reflect on the mistakes made here.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
The heart wants what it wants. You did wrong, but at least you aren't dismissing it.

What you should do now is get some space. For you to heal and for her to rebuild her relationship. Space isn't a bad thing, but it's going to suck so hard. If you've got some holiday time, now would be a good time to use it.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Sup op, it was a tough read so, don't take the following negatively : you were filling each other's void knowing full well what it meant beyond just the physical act.

What I'm getting is that you were both afraid of each other yet truly liked how everything felt. What's weird is that you both clearly didn't have any kind of self esteem whatsoever or any kind of integrity. If you wanna do something, do it fully. Like, life is messy, life is complicated, life is clearly full of blurred lines but think about this man : despite all of that this woman was cheating on her husband and if she left him to be with you, it would have happened to you

Tough one to swallow, that being said she never loved you. And the best friend part, I'm not so sure about that either. You were at some place at the right time basically

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand you're in pain OP, but the pain is good despite it hurting like hell. She's in pain too. That's why she needs space, why she wants you to leave her alone. You and her aren't the only ones in pain either, her husband is.

Sit in that pain, and don't engage married women on that level again. And perhaps take a break from being intimate in any fashion with women for a period of time so you can reflect on the mistakes made here.

I know her husband is too. I always felt guilty about it while it was happening, even though to this day I still believe they're only married due to circumstance and not because they both think they're the perfect match for each other. She admitted that herself when she said that she had loved someone else in the past more than she loves her husband.

I've never done anything like this before, with anyone in any sort of relationship. It was obviously never planned, but I also didn't expect to fall in love with her. I've had opportunities, especially when I was younger, to get involved with women who were in relationships but I never went ahead with it because it was never worth it. But this time was different, she was absolutely worth it. I can confidently sit here and say that the chances of me getting involved with another married woman are as close to 0 as they could be, but if you were to ask me if I'd go back and do things differently in this specific instance, I can't say for sure that I would.

Sage

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
This seems like nice fan fiction. She went out of your office for lunch naked except for a coat? And no one noticed? Err.. ok.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For everyone's sake delete her number, never message her again.

It's hard but she wanted an outlet from the grind of life as a parent, most of us have a filter that stops us going that far even when times are hard but she let it slip.

Harsh truth is she enjoyed a bit of fun but wants to keep her marriage and what she has at home you need to respect that and never try and contact her again.

You may have never met the husband but it's possible he deserves none of the pain he's feeling and that pain may be bigger than yours which you had some control over.

it's a blessing that she's moved on in work at least

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
time and space, lots of both. also pick a direction away from her and keep moving in that direction.

find someone else. rebound if you have to, but try never to think of this person again and save yourself future heartache by not getting embroiled in situations when you know you shouldn't.

emotional affairs happen all the time, but hearts break every time.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Zero sympathy at all. You started doing shit with a woman you know was married and has a child. Her husband has found out so that relationship is probably fucked and you've destroyed that kids family.

Oh and the whole time you are also in a relationship yourself from the sounds of things? Are you going to tell your partner?

It's actually super cringey the way you are talking about this. Also why did you keep messaging her multiple times after she told you not to?

Think you have some serious self reflection to do here.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That was an interesting read to be honest.
I'm sorry you're going through that op. I don't think you should go after married women but the way you put it it all progressed rather naturally, was mutual and consensual and there were real feelings involved, it wasn't just a one night thing. But it's better if you let it go now, just face it as a heartbreaking break-up, even though you were never in a relationship (officially, but you kind of were). And I bet she isn't only angry at you, she is also angry at herself. She's also getting punished by breaking things up with you. Move on and let her deal with her stuff.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry man, sometimes life just works out in difficult ways. There's probably three people feeling pretty shitty and depressed, and struggling in this story. Eventually you'll find your way through it.

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sup op, it was a tough read so, don't take the following negatively : you were filling each other's void knowing full well what it meant beyond just the physical act.

What I'm getting is that you were both afraid of each other yet truly liked how everything felt. What's weird is that you both clearly didn't have any kind of self esteem whatsoever or any kind of integrity. If you wanna do something, do it fully. Like, life is messy, life is complicated, life is clearly full of blurred lines but think about this man : despite all of that this woman was cheating on her husband and if she left him to be with you, it would have happened to you

Tough one to swallow, that being said she never loved you. And the best friend part, I'm not so sure about that either. You were at some place at the right time basically

The best friend part is definitely true. She's not from here, she moved her because her husband had to for work. For the first year or two she was here, she was a stay at home mum in a foreign country. She doesn't have any friends or family over here, and before we started moving past being just colleagues, she was pretty open in telling me that I was her first real friend over here and one of her best friends in general.

For what it's worth, I was fully ready for things to go further. One more than we occasion we spoke about it, me suggesting she leave her husband not specifically for me, but just if she felt like she could be happier with someone else. It just kept coming back to divorce not being an option for her because of her background.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is some cringy as fuck story if real. Cheats on his girlfriend, breaks up with her a week later, messes with a family with a child, ruined a good friendship... bruh what the fuck. I can't help but hate this type of this OP.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Zero sympathy at all. You started doing shit with a woman you know was married and has a child. Her husband has found out so that relationship is probably fucked and you've destroyed that kids family.

Oh and the whole time you are also in a relationship yourself from the sounds of things? Are you going to tell your partner?

It's actually super cringey the way you are talking about this. Also why did you keep messaging her multiple times after she told you not to?

Come on now. He says in the op that he broke up with his partner after the very first kiss. And he didn't ruin that family, the woman did. She has more responsibility in this than he has, her relationship probably wasn't that great to begin with, this fling was just the spark that ignited it. This fantasy that a kid's life will be better if the 2 parents are together no matter what even when there's no love anymore is ridiculous.

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I broke up with my partner almost a year ago now, about a week after my first kiss with Sarah.

As to why i kept messaging I think I covered that. I can't just go from speaking to someone I love every single day, to never again over night. I know I have to and I'm trying but it's really not easy to just go "Oh ok, I'll just never speak to you again". That's the part I'm really struggling with, wanting to do what's best for her while fighting against what every bone in my body is telling me to do.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on now. He says in the op that he broke up with his partner after the very first kiss. And he didn't ruin that family, the woman did. She has more responsibility in this than he has, her relationship probably wasn't that great to begin with, this fling was just the spark that ignited it. This fantasy that a kid's life will be better if the 2 parents are together no matter what even when there's no love anymore is ridiculous.
Sounds like you're making excuses for cheaters

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like you're making excuses for cheaters

No one is doing that, especially not me. I fully acknowledge that what we did was wrong. I've never cheated before, and never been the persons someone has cheated with before (to my knowledge anyway). Cheating is obviously wrong, but feelings are complicated. It's not always easy to just do the right thing when you think things can genuinely be better if you just persevere through the wrong for a bit.

I have no shame in saying that I wanted her to leave her husband and be with me. I never expected it or encouraged her to do it, other than frank discussions that she could potentially be happier with someone else. But I made it clear to her that she was someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, and she made it very clear to me that she would have been willing to try if she wasn't married.

Obviously we were both in the wrong, and we both fucked up hard by letting it go on for as long as it did.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no shame in saying that I wanted her to leave her husband and be with me. I never expected it or encouraged her to do it, other than frank discussions that she could potentially be happier with someone else. But I made it clear to her that she was someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, and she made it very clear to me that she would have been willing to try if she wasn't married.
Potato potato

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I broke up with my partner almost a year ago now, about a week after my first kiss with Sarah.

As to why i kept messaging I think I covered that. I can't just go from speaking to someone I love every single day, to never again over night. I know I have to and I'm trying but it's really not easy to just go "Oh ok, I'll just never speak to you again". That's the part I'm really struggling with, wanting to do what's best for her while fighting against what every bone in my body is telling me to do.

Yeah sorry I actually missed that. That's one good thing in this story at least.

Look I know my reply is really harsh, I am sure you are feeling super shitty yourself. I at least hope everyone in this story lands on their feet. Just keep yourself busy and let time do it's thing. I defo think just deleting all her contact info is the best thing to do, even if just for yourself.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
It just kept coming back to divorce not being an option for her because of her background.

Yeah, no. she didn't want it to happen at all. As I said, you were at some place at the right time. But not for you if that makes sense. Next time, make sure its the case. Also yeah, the best friend bit ? that's just the bullshit bit in order for both of you to not feel accountable or something. It absolutely was never the case, outside of how convinced you are about it

A void is always real, no matter the form. You were there for her's, and you both learned something in the process. I'm not bashing you btw. Sign up on meetup.com and do new things, keep your mind busy dude, best of luck

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nuh uh.
Unrelated reasons lol. Didn't even tell her about kissing the married woman from work.

I didn't because it wasn't relevant and I knew that it would hurt her more than she needed to be hurt. Our relationship was failing for other reasons, I didn't want to use one drunken kiss as an excuse to end it. There were multiple legitimate reasons. The kiss was more just a breaking point for me. I've never cheated on any one before, and if I was able to do it so easily 8 years into a relationship then something was wrong. It was really just the catalyst for me to end the relationship that should have ended years ago, it wasn't a direct cause in any way.

Oct 28, 2017
A woman verbally told you not to kiss her and you did it anyway? Aside from all the other stuff, you also committed sexual assault. This relationship was not good or healthy in any way. Please consider getting some therapy and completely removing this woman and her information from your entire life, especially any electronic devices you may have it stored on.

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah sorry I actually missed that. That's one good thing in this story at least.

Look I know my reply is really harsh, I am sure you are feeling super shitty yourself. I at least hope everyone in this story lands on their feet. Just keep yourself busy and let time do it's thing. I defo think just deleting all her contact info is the best thing to do, even if just for yourself.

I'm ok with harsh replies. I'm actually somewhat taken aback by how understanding most of the replies are. I expected a wave of hate, which I was fine with. Like I said in the OP, I'm not posting this for sympathy, I just needed to talk to someone about it and there's no one in real life I can speak to about this.

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that this is just Op's side of the story

I assure you I've tried to be as unbiased and honest here as I can. I obviously don't know what was happening with her and her husband when I wasn't around, but nothing I've wrote was done in such a way as to make me look better or make her look worse.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one is doing that, especially not me. I fully acknowledge that what we did was wrong. I've never cheated before, and never been the persons someone has cheated with before (to my knowledge anyway). Cheating is obviously wrong, but feelings are complicated. It's not always easy to just do the right thing when you think things can genuinely be better if you just persevere through the wrong for a bit.

Obviously we were both in the wrong, and we both fucked up hard by letting it go on for as long as it did.
Your second paragraph is a contradiction. You're saying you never encouraged her, but also say you've told her someone else *wink* me *wink* could make her happier lmao bruh.
You didn't even consider your ex's feeling let alone the husband's feelings. It's fine to be selfish and be a shit person as long as you don't make excuses and embrace that side of you.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assure you I've tried to be as unbiased and honest here as I can. I obviously don't know what was happening with her and her husband when I wasn't around, but nothing I've wrote was done in such a way as to make me look better or make her look worse.

I don't think you are being biased or trying to make her look worse but it's not the same as hearing the other side of the story.

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is your plan to move on? That is your last line in the OP.

I don't know, I don't have one. I only got that last message from her last night and I'm still feeling broken over it. I promised her I wouldn't message her again after that last message, so I won't. I'm not going to delete her contact info. I don't know, I'm just not ready for that or something. I won't contact her again unless she contacts me first. I just don't know what to do past that.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
Life comes at you fast.

Don't expect people to understand your situation when you explain it to them. There are so many assumptions that you would need to unpack here to even begin - an internet forum ain't the place.
All I can say is that you're probably not the only one hurting here. Try to take some time to breathe; there's probably nothing you can do right now.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I'm ok with harsh replies. I'm actually somewhat taken aback by how understanding most of the replies are. I expected a wave of hate, which I was fine with. Like I said in the OP, I'm not posting this for sympathy, I just needed to talk to someone about it and there's no one in real life I can speak to about this.

Yeah I see how you can feel a bit trapped not being able to talk about it.

Hope it works out for you OP. And remember to behave at the Xmas party this year 😂

Oct 29, 2017

It's hard but she wanted an outlet from the grind of life as a parent, most of us have a filter that stops us going that far even when times are hard but she let it slip.

Harsh truth is she enjoyed a bit of fun but wants to keep her marriage and what she has at home you need to respect that and never try and contact her again.

You may have never met the husband but it's possible he deserves none of the pain he's feeling and that pain may be bigger than yours which you had some control over.

Was going to reply but this is everything that needs to be said. OP, listen to this person.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I don't have one. I only got that last message from her last night and I'm still feeling broken over it. I promised her I wouldn't message her again after that last message, so I won't. I'm not going to delete her contact info. I don't know, I'm just not ready for that or something. I won't contact her again unless she contacts me first. I just don't know what to do past that.

1. Delete all contact info for her, and all messages with her.
2. If she engages with you in any way, do not reciprocate
3. Abstain from any and all romantic conversations or engagements with women for a while

At the BARE minimum.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
Firstly op what you're feeling is normal. It is like breaking up with someone because you two were in a relationship, whether you had sex or not. It was very intimate and it's normal to be devastated after losing someone you care about like that. It will hurt for a while, but eventually you'll be able to move on. Don't rush it, take the time you need and if you keep having panic attacks talk to a doctor about medication for it

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your second paragraph is a contradiction. You're saying you never encouraged her, but also say you've told her someone else *wink* me *wink* could make her happier lmao bruh.
You didn't even consider your ex's feeling let alone the husband's feelings. It's fine to be selfish and be a shit person as long as you don't make excuses and embrace that side of you.

I can get why you'd think that but that's really not how things went down. When I broke up with my ex, she wanted to know every detail. Like how I could just end an 8 year relationship like that. I explained to her that I'd always felt never really truly "happy" in my relationship. It was "fine". but I didn't want to settle for fine any more. All I really said to her was that if she felt the same way in her relationship, then it's worth considering, and this was after she told me that she had loved someone else previously more than she loves her husband. I never said "Leave your husband and be with me" even though that's what I wanted, and I never brought this topic of conversation up either, it was always her who raised it. I never said I think I could make you happier, even though I absolutely believe I could.

I'm not making excuses her at all. I'm just trying to give as much context as I can. I get that nobody here is ever going to know the full picture or how things were and I'm ok with that. I'm ok with people thinking of me as a bad person. I just needed to talk about it.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sadly, this. I feel bad for OP though.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I see the Era morality police is out in full force. Fuck healing, learning and growing, you made a bad choice and should suffer.

OP, this situation was never going to end well. Turning a friendship into a relationship is a precarious situation to begin with and when you add married and has a child to the mix the friendship was probably doomed the moment you kissed. That said, you chased a feeling, that happened to be reciprocated for a time, but that's gone now and the sooner you accept that the sooner you can move on from this.

if you don't have anyone you feel comfortable talking to about this also you should probably seek therapy. If you let this sit in your own head without properly processing it it will become trauma and negatively impact your future relationships and how you perceive yourself. Wish you well on healing OP, it's probably best it's done now

OP
OP

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see the Era morality police is out in full force. Fuck healing, learning and growing, you made a bad choice and should suffer.

OP, this situation was never going to end well. Turning a friendship into a relationship is a precarious situation to begin with and when you add married and has a child to the mix the friendship was probably doomed the moment you kissed. That said, you chased a feeling, that happened to be reciprocated for a time, but that's gone now and the sooner you accept that the sooner you can move on from this.

if you don't have anyone you feel comfortable talking to about this also you should probably seek therapy. If you let this sit in your own head without properly processing it it will become trauma and negatively impact your future relationships and how you perceive yourself. Wish you well on healing OP, it's probably best it's done now

To be fair most of the responses have actually been quite supportive and helpful. I was never looking for sympathy but it's nice to see that people can empathise even though this was a mistake of my own doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.