• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2017
Wonder how many of you, "Oh i can't believe OP got involved with married woman" would reject such a woman coming onto you, especially if you interact with her every day. Probably not many.

As someone who was cheated on in the past after a LTR, i can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, i would not be a willing participant in cheating.

No, you are completely 100% wrong with this nonsense.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I like how people who wanna excuse this behavior tend to ignore the kid involved in this and also ignore the textbook harassment that occurs after she dropped this dude

Wonder how many of you, "Oh i can't believe OP got involved with married woman" would reject such a woman coming onto you, especially if you interact with her every day. Probably not many.

LOL. "OP and I would help destroy a family for sexual attention so that means everyone would!" Way to show your ass.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
How do people find the time to have an affair? By the time I'm done with work and taking care of kids, I barely have enough energy to stay awake until 10.
This spoke to me. The only affairs I have on business trips - which would realistically be my only opportunity to pursue one - are with the nearest Shake Shack and nine hours' sleep at the hotel.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017

Well, I'm a girl but if a guy was coming on to me, I would totally reject them. I am faithful to my husband. Also, I would not be out drunk with another person or be that close with someone where any of that would happen.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
She's terrible for cheating on her husband.

And well, life doesn't always work out the way we want, and that's how it should be, nothing is perfect, there will be ups and downs for everyone.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
This spoke to me. The only affairs I have on business trips - which would realistically be my only opportunity to pursue one - are with the nearest Shake Shack and nine hours' sleep at the hotel.

Ha. Same. Business trips are pretty much the only time I get a night to myself.

Nothing like sneaking off to a hotel with a six-pack and some sushi.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017

I have rejected single women coming on to me as well as non-married-but-in-a-relationship. I would a thousand percent reject a married woman.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, please. This is ERA. Based on the kind of women/dating threads and posts we have here it's almost certain that a bunch of the guys riding the moral high horse would be all over a married woman getting physical with them and sending them nudes. Let's not kid ourselves.
"most of you dorks couldn't resist having an emotional affair with a woman with zero sex" lmao get real

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was in a similar situation once. Deeply emotional affair with someone I should not have been in with, who was already in a relationship with someone else. All I'll say is I feel your pain, and time will help you gain perspective.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I don't even really get that last part. Are you saying it's super difficult or silly to try to be honest in a relationship and tackle issues with your partner head on instead of going behind their back with someone else? You put quotes around "right" as if it's somehow not the right thing to have open and honest communication with your partner about issues in the relationship. It's not hard to do - people do it all the time. No one can make you cheat.
What I mean is, what's proper in this case...I mean, what if you don't believe in the institution of marriage for instance, then what is the definition of cheating? It's just a piece of paper.

I'd define it as when you have mentally moved on, that's when cheating begins. But how do you stop your mind from cheating? What is the definition of proper?

I am of the belief we all should be adults and inform each other, absolutely, before moving on or acting. But you surely understand that's not always realistically possible? Women get stabbed to death for talking back to their husbands in many parts of the world...

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
It's always astounding to me the responsibility that people place on the third wheel in situations like this. Calling OP a "home wrecker" as if this situation would be wholesome and pure without him.

How about blame the person that fucking cheated? How hard can that be?

She wants to abruptly end an emotional affair because she got caught and suddenly she's a victim? Like fuck off, honestly.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
It's always astounding to me the responsibility that people place on the third wheel in situations like this. Calling OP a "home wrecker" as if this situation would be wholesome and pure without him.

How about blame the person that fucking cheated? How hard can that be?

She wants to abruptly end an emotional affair because she got caught and suddenly she's a victim? Like fuck off, honestly.
Please indicate where anyone absolved the woman of any responsibility, because I don't think anybody isn't blaming her

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
OP is more in the wrong for cheating on his partner then hooking up with a married women who was coming onto him.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
People were way too hard on OP. Everyone makes mistakes, have some empathy.
A mistake is like "oops I spilled the milk" not "oops I crossed a line I shouldn't have and continued doing so for 11 months, only stopping because the other party severely cut me off (but I still made a last ditch attempt to keep it going)" oh and btw:

Aside from the whole infidelity thing, I don't think I've done anything "wrong" in the sense that I haven't done anything to make her angry at me.
Should really just tell anyone how OP really feels about his role in this situation.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
OP, if it wasn't you, it would've been another guy she did this with. Whatever she wasn't getting in her marriage, she found in you. You too lost in sauce right now though, don't overthink it, you making it too serious.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
OP deserves this but he's not screwed as bad as the woman is. He's also making up excuses about her marriage while saying he never asked about it cause it felt "inappropriate." It wasn't as inappropriate as skype-fucking her, dude.

Good luck to the kid possibly living with one parent hating the other.

Also: you people saying "how can a man resist someone coming onto you like that" are animals.

Nov 17, 2017
What I mean is, what's proper in this case...I mean, what if you don't believe in the institution of marriage for instance, then what is the definition of cheating? It's just a piece of paper.

I'd define it as when you have mentally moved on, that's when cheating begins. But how do you stop your mind from cheating? What is the definition of proper?

I am of the belief we all should be adults and inform each other, absolutely, before moving on or acting. But you surely understand that's not always realistically possible? Women get stabbed to death for talking back to their husbands in many parts of the world...
Uh... don't you think "women get stabbed to death for talking back to their husbands" is escalating things a bit too much here? How is that anywhere close to what's happening here? Just feels like a weird way to justify cheating...

I don't really know what you're talking about with "not believing in marriage." Why would you marry someone if you didn't believe in marriage? So you get married and then cheat on them and say "Oh what, you thought I believed in marriage? I don't so this isn't cheating!" The definition of cheating is clearly dependent on the people in the relationship. If the boundaries aren't clear, you have a problem but let's not pretend like most cheaters don't know they're crossing boundaries when they cheat.

Oct 25, 2017
After 12 years of marriage, you learn that love changes. I don't love my wife any less than I did 12 years ago, but I certainly love her differently. Have I met women at work who I have a connection with? Yes - because that's how human beings work! Pro tip guys - you're almost certain to meet a woman at some point after you get married who, were you still single, you would have been interested in. Would I ever in any way consider being intimate (in any way) with them? Fuck no! I know some people desperately crave to rediscover the "butterflies" and the heart-skipping infatuation that they used to have with their partner, but it's a sign of serious emotional immaturity if you think that's all that love is. Love is so many things. Maybe my heart doesn't skip a beat when I see my wife like it used to, but she's my life partner and the only person I want to share my life with. When I'm with her I'm complete. I'm not going to throw that in the garbage because there's some woman at work who I click with!

It sounds to me like the woman OP got involved with really wanted to rediscover that feeling of infatuation, but never wanted to give up the partnership she had with her husband, and selfishly thought she could have both. If OP's story is honest, it sounds like she used him, he didn't have the emotional maturity to understand what was happening, and neither of them had enough integrity to know this relationship was wrong.

Look, if your relationship is bad and you need to bail, then bail. But don't try to bolt on a side piece. And don't settle for being the side piece either - first, you deserve better - second, the other partner deserves better as well.

This is me, except substitute "hotel room service" and "playing Magic the Gathering online in my underwear for hours at a time."

Nov 17, 2017
Just look at the posts that make no mention of her. It's pretty clear where people want to assign blame.
It's more that OP is the one making this thread. No one can address OP's coworker who cheated on her husband directly so naturally you're going to see more direct criticism of OP and his actions. If she made a thread here about how she cheated on her husband with a coworker, people would be criticizing her more. That should be obvious.

Sep 28, 2018
While I've never done anything like this or cheated or been the person someone cheats with (to my knowledge) I am aware of the pain and suffocating heartache of a girl who I've loved and has loved me back for years very abruptly shutting me out of her life. (She found someone else in college when we were living apart, after 9 years together.)

Let me tell you I could feel that same feeling you were describing after reading that last message. Pure heartbreak.

I feel bad for you. it'll pass but it'll leave a scar on your emotions.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
After 12 years of marriage, you learn that love changes. I don't love my wife any less than I did 12 years ago, but I certainly love her differently. Have I met women at work who I have a connection with? Yes - because that's how human beings work! Pro tip guys - you're almost certain to meet a woman at some point after you get married who, were you still single, you would have been interested in. Would I ever in any way consider being intimate (in any way) with them? Fuck no! I know some people desperately crave to rediscover the "butterflies" and the heart-skipping infatuation that they used to have with their partner, but it's a sign of serious emotional immaturity if you think that's all that love is. Love is so many things. Maybe my heart doesn't skip a beat when I see my wife like it used to, but she's my life partner and the only person I want to share my life with. When I'm with her I'm complete. I'm not going to throw that in the garbage because there's some woman at work who I click with!

It sounds to me like the woman OP got involved with really wanted to rediscover that feeling of infatuation, but never wanted to give up the partnership she had with her husband, and selfishly thought she could have both. If OP's story is honest, it sounds like she used him, he didn't have the emotional maturity to understand what was happening, and neither of them had enough integrity to know this relationship was wrong.

Look, if your relationship is bad and you need to bail, then bail. But don't try to bolt on a side piece. And don't settle for being the side piece either - first, you deserve better - second, the other partner deserves better as well.

This is me, except substitute "hotel room service" and "playing Magic the Gathering online in my underwear for hours at a time."
This is a great post. And not just because you agreed with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.