• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Poor kid, poor husband. 30 years old and getting involved with a married woman with a young kid. SMH. What a dumpster fire.

After the first month or so and no actual sex you should have realized that she was just in it for the ego stroking, not you. There's a good chance her husband is a normal guy and she was just playing you the whole time for kicks with her husband oblivious. Clearly once the fun was over there was no hesitation in discarding you with the trash, you were never her first choice when push came to shove. You're lucky he hasn't tracked you down yet, I'd be on guard for a while.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
As someone who was cheated on a long time ago and it still bothers me (lost a good friend because of it), you should of though how it effects the people around you, namely the husband and the daughter. You fucked up OP, and I'd also watch your back in regards to the husband.

If it's a spouse, even an unhappy one, you always say no.

Nov 17, 2017
You should work on that anger as well mate, perhaps see a counselor, it'll make you a better person.

*sigh*

Fine I will say my piece here.

I went through this scenario. I am "the husband". But things are never this cut and dry. I know fully well now that I was a shitty husband. As mad as I was at the time, I know why she sought outside attention. We tried to work on it, I even spoke to the "other guy" and told him to leave her alone. But we were both young and stubborn, she wanted improvements to the marriage very fast, and I knew it was gonna take a lot of counseling. Eventually her patience wore off, and I was frustrated and we separated.

But it was like I was free. Started dating, going out, seeking out new experiences. She started dating that dude. But the thing of it is, she constantly kept talking about me, all the time. Eventually she tried to work it out, but I got a taste of freedom so I didn't wanna get back into the marriage and we decided to get amicably divorced.

She married the dude, has a kid and is very happy. I am very glad for her. Understand, that I was just not a good husband.

I had my fun, dated, traveled the world (still do), met someone and got re-married.

Things worked out well for all involved parties, but we all needed to mature and learn. I still miss her a lot from time to time, and I wish I was a better husband.

People cheat for a reason.

We all need to grow up.
We don't have the perspective of the husband in this scenario. Just because you were a bad husband doesn't mean OP's coworker's husband was too. Do you think only bad romantic partners are cheated on? You can be a good husband/wife/whatever and still get cheated on. Saying "we all need to grow up" is a very dismissive way to spread the blame to everyone involved when that's not always the case. It's almost sounds like the political dismissal that is "both sides."

You're using your anecdote to say people cheat because of reasons outside of themselves. You're essentially saying you being a shitty husband caused your wife to cheat on you. But the reality is you're looking at a fully autonomous adult capable of making their own decisions. You can't make anyone cheat, they have to do it themselves. And when you cheat instead of taking other more ethical and healthy avenues to address your relationship problems, that's a choice entirely on you. If just being a "bad" spouse would cause one's partner to cheat on them, where is that line drawn? Not every relationship is perfect and there are rough times couples go through and work on it. When do you cross the threshold of causing your partner to cheat on you where you can just toss your hands up and say "well, everyone was wrong."?

I'm glad that things worked out for everyone in the end but that really exists separate from the cheating.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the high horses on ERA are the highest of the fucking world.

sorry that this happened to you OP.

but yeah, move on.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
OP, based on your post. I think the best thing is to move on. I know that will be difficult but it seems to me from your original post that she chose her husband. It was an untenable situation to begin with and those are the risks involved when messing with someone that is married- they are always going to have their attention and feelings divided up so its best to never get involved to begin with. Take some time to heal and dont beat yourself up over it- unfortunately these things sometimes happen and luckily it didnt go further or it would have gotten alot worse. Trust me.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you both made your mistakes, and they were mistakes, despite what you may or may not have genuinely felt. Blame doesn't really seem useful here; everyone contributed to the situation, life is messy.

You have to accept all of this as a part of the deal for getting involved like this. Pick up, and move on.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Stop trying to get closure from her. You already have it. She chose her family, not you.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
We don't have the perspective of the husband in this scenario. Just because you were a bad husband doesn't mean OP's coworker's husband was too. Do you think only bad romantic partners are cheated on? You can be a good husband/wife/whatever and still get cheated on. Saying "we all need to grow up" is a very dismissive way to spread the blame to everyone involved when that's not always the case. It's almost sounds like the political dismissal that is "both sides."

You're using your anecdote to say people cheat because of reasons outside of themselves. You're essentially saying you being a shitty husband caused your wife to cheat on you. But the reality is you're looking at a fully autonomous adult capable of making their own decisions. You can't make anyone cheat, they have to do it themselves. And when you cheat instead of taking other more ethical and healthy avenues to address your relationship problems, that's a choice entirely on you. If just being a "bad" spouse would cause one's partner to cheat on them, where is that line drawn? Not every relationship is perfect and there are rough times couples go through and work on it. When do you cross the threshold of causing your partner to cheat on you where you can just toss your hands up and say "well, everyone was wrong."?

I'm glad that things worked out for everyone in the end but that really exists separate from the cheating.
All I am saying is, we shouldn't rush to judgement. As some people already have by asking
"Why didn't you break up with your partner, you're so shit" before the OP explained why he couldn't. Hell people came in one one liners accusing him of sleeping with a married woman, without reading the OP.

We just don't know what goes on in people's minds and hearts. And it's OK to make mistakes, we make mistakes.

There are no obvious lines to be drawn, as situations are different. You can't put these things into standard templates. I am just using myself as one example, which may (or may not) be the case. We don't know anything about the husband or the marriage. We don't really know anything on that front.

It's all good to be able to do the "right" things.

"Hey man, I don't like you anymore, we should get a divorce as I am developing feelings for someone else. You treat me like crap. Sign here."

"Hey man, now we can proceed to have intercourse. I have this signed document. No one will accuse us of cheating, it's OK!"

"Oh! that is great! Fantastic news. Here, look! A bed!!"

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Live and learn OP. Respect her choice, and just move on. I've been cheated on, and I personally wouldn't knowingly chase someone I knew was married with children, but I'm not going to chastise you for it either. If it wasn't you, then it would have likely been someone else. The problem lays with the cheater and their relationship, not you. I'll just say that it's not particularly smart to chase after and fall for someone whose in a committed relationship, because even if you're successful, at the end of the day - are you going to navigate the subsequent relationship without worry knowing that your partner is more than capable and willing to throw aside your relationship for something else?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
The fact that the husband was suspicious of his wife suggests that he wasn't free of blame in this. If you don't trust the person you're with, there are serious problems, regardless of whether or not they're actually fucking around on you behind your back. ...I just can't get over looking at his wife's texts. Jesus, what a scumbag thing to do. Like, he probably saw pics of OP's dick. That's such an invasion of OP's privacy.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Really dont want to judge these kind of things, but dude, there was a child involved? How were you able to block that out?

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear about this whole mess, OP. If it helps you at all: if she cheated on her husband/child's father like that, there's a chance she could end up cheating on you too. Some people can just be chaotic like that.

You'll be okay.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the husband was suspicious of his wife suggests that he wasn't free of blame in this. If you don't trust the person you're with, there are serious problems, regardless of whether or not they're actually fucking around on you behind your back. ...I just can't get over looking at his wife's texts. Jesus, what a scumbag thing to do. Like, he probably saw pics of OP's dick. That's such an invasion of OP's privacy.
I...I don't know if this is sarcasm and that scares me.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised you didn't actually sleep together. It's kinda unbelievable based on all your details, the erotic texts, drunk nights, and make out times. She must have been very hesitant from the start because of her husband and child. It is what is is. She definitely chose her family in the end, and you probably should have seen it coming and stopped it sooner before getting so invested emotionally. Best to move on asap. The damage is done, and it sounds like she was never as fully invested as you were and had clear reservations. Take it as a lesson, avoid married people.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Bruh....how do you go over a month without fucking this woman? She's a grown ass married woman with a kid.

This is the EXACT situation where you smash early & often. Straight up. They know the deal.

Otherwise, you're wasting your time

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
wait lmfao i'm just reconciling the fact that you said this was the first person you properly loved

but also you were dating someone for 8 years

what the whole FUCK bro lmaooooooooo

he explained some circumstances which left him in his relationship if you care to read, but yeah

LMAAOOOOOOOOO BRO

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I'd echo what others said and suggest the OP asks for the thread to be deleted and to speak to a professional. There's obviously lots of people on this forum who have been cheated on or who have felt the waves of such an act, that they will attack the OP as much as they can.

Pretty sure OP cannot close the thread as they requested their account to get banned.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Some of yall think like 5 year old children

Yeh, some 5 year-olds have better morals than some adults. You cannot justify cheating in any way.

It sucks what the OP is going through now. Truly is. But I don't feel sympathy. It's a matter of what goes around, come around.
Forget the husband for a second, what have the children done to deserve this?

Apr 24, 2018
Sorry for what you're going through, OP. There were two girls that I was really interested in in college who were both taken, one who overtly came onto me once. I've been terrible with women my whole life (mainly due to self-confidence issues), but I always wonder "what-if" with these two. I bet more than likely if I had pursued either, I would have had a similar outcome.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel sorry at all for OP. Getting involved with a married woman with kids, he got what he deserved. Hopefully that lady got her fill and can still have a good enough marriage. I doubt it tho.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Honestly I know you closed your account OP, but this is stuff you should be telling a therapist.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
It might be a self-requested ban so he can stay away from this thread, or at the very least, stay away from responding for now until he sorts everything out on his own.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Wonder how many of you, "Oh i can't believe OP got involved with married woman" would reject such a woman coming onto you, especially if you interact with her every day. Probably not many.

Honestly I know you closed your account OP, but this is stuff you should be telling a therapist.

How does this in any way rise to the level of needing a therapist??? I mean I would agree if the OP was absolutely losing it and threatening to do something to himself but come on. He KISSED a woman a bunch of times, then her husband found out and she said it's over. Nobody needs a fucking therapist for that.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Hang in there, OP. These things are complicated and I'd encourage you not to take the judgment and derision ITT to heart, as lots of folks have been hurt by infidelity and take it too personally to have a levelheaded opinion on the subject. I'd also encourage you to ignore anyone who tries to gaslight you by telling you what your or even "Sarah's" feelings really are.

What you shouldn't ignore is the prevailing opinion that you need to let her go. That's solid advice, whatever the outcome. She's decided to prioritize working on her marriage over exploring her relationship with you, and even if you suspect she's feeling conflicted or unsure of that decision, she still needs time and space to figure out what she wants and what drew her to you in the first place. So do yourself a favor and refrain from reaching out to her. She may reach out to you someday; she may not. For your own sake, try not to hold a candle for her and move on with your life.

I don't want to give you false hope, but I've been in a similar situation and the outcome was a net positive. I was in a six-year relationship and caught feelings for a coworker who was married and had a small child at home. She felt the same and, like you, we ended up hanging out late after a work event and, once alone, our feelings came out. I broke up with my girlfriend a few nights later because I felt guilty and the fact that I was prepared to engage in an affair was the wake-up call I needed to come to terms with my dissatisfaction with the relationship. For my coworker, it was obviously much more complicated given her husband and child, and she did the right thing by coming forward to him about these feelings. I ended up taking a job elsewhere and took the hint when she immediately started ghosting me. Figured it was over and I'd lost my friend and someone I was in love with as well, only to have her reach out to me six months later to tell me that after months of couple's therapy she and her husband had decided to separate. We've been together over a year and a half now and just got engaged, I'm a big hit with her son, and, fortunately, she and her ex have a healthy co-parenting relationship.

Of course, I have to stress that such a happy outcome is a rarity and there are some pretty distinct differences in our situations: when my coworker and I realized we were catching feelings and having an "emotional affair," she ultimately refrained from starting up a physical affair with me, and was honest and open with her now ex-husband about the situation. She wanted to figure out the implications of our attraction for her marriage before rushing into anything, and give her ex a chance to step up (he didn't). This resulted in a foundation of trust for us that I would be more reluctant to give had she only come clean with her ex because of being caught.

That said, I'm glad to hear "Sarah" is working on and prioritizing her marriage right now. This a good and necessary step that you should respect and give distance regardless of the outcome. You don't want her to leave her husband for you and the excitement you bring to her life; you want her to give her marriage her all and only leave her husband because their marriage isn't working. This way, you can expect the same consideration in the unlikely event you end up together. For your own sake, consider that very unlikely. It will take a while for them to fix or give up on their marriage, and in that time you may have already moved on or feel differently about her. Whatever happens, I wish you luck as you grieve this relationship and can only say it will get easier with time.

Nov 17, 2017
All I am saying is, we shouldn't rush to judgement. As some people already have by asking
"Why didn't you break up with your partner, you're so shit" before the OP explained why he couldn't. Hell people came in one one liners accusing him of sleeping with a married woman, without reading the OP.

We just don't know what goes on in people's minds and hearts. And it's OK to make mistakes, we make mistakes.

There are no obvious lines to be drawn, as situations are different. You can't put these things into standard templates. I am just using myself as one example, which may (or may not) be the case. We don't know anything about the husband or the marriage. We don't really know anything on that front.

It's all good to be able to do the "right" things.

"Hey man, I don't like you anymore, we should get a divorce as I am developing feelings for someone else. You treat me like crap. Sign here."

"Hey man, now we can proceed to have intercourse. I have this signed document. No one will accuse us of cheating, it's OK!"

"Oh! that is great! Fantastic news. Here, look! A bed!!"
I haven't rushed to any judgement on OP but the act of cheating is wrong. I don't need to condemn the person for all eternity to say that simple fact. I understand that the circumstances surrounding cheating are not always black and white but you painted it in a way as if it was the opposite and cheating was always the result of everyone being wrong. You made it seem like good partners are never cheated on and if they are they must have done something wrong to cause it.

The issue with not having a line to draw is that you could use any shortcoming from your partner as an excuse to cheat. In fact, many cheaters do exactly this. When you phrase cheating as the effect to the cause of the other person's actions, you really end up justifying it even if you don't intend to. Because referring to cheating as a mistake is doing just that. It's ok to make mistakes but cheating is not a mistake. It's not ok to cheat. That doesn't mean one can't ever be forgiven or move on to be a better person after cheating but to chalk it up as a simple mistake is wrong.

I don't even really get that last part. Are you saying it's super difficult or silly to try to be honest in a relationship and tackle issues with your partner head on instead of going behind their back with someone else? You put quotes around "right" as if it's somehow not the right thing to have open and honest communication with your partner about issues in the relationship. It's not hard to do - people do it all the time. No one can make you cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.