• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 26462

User requested account closure
Oct 30, 2017
First of all, and as i said in the title... I LIKE SMASH, played like 2000 hours on Melee and loved every one of it.

I know this new entry is important, not only for Nintendo, but for the industry itself, it has a lot of content from cult classic games and it seems to be more polished than ever before.

BUT this marketing...

We know more abour Smash than previously announced games combined, we had an E3 that basically was an Smash E3 Direct, now...2 months later we've got ANOTHER Smash Direct, and nothing about other future projects.

We're entering the same wheel as the second half of 2017, we know a lot about titles that are being released on the same year, but nothing about next year.

Knowing nothing about other Nintendo projects but a lot of Smash makes me sick, and i'm starting to hate the game due to the "excessive" attention is getting, specially knowing that there are a lot of games in the making that we haven't seen yet.

It's a logic movement for massive sales, but not for the cataloge of their console that is begging for new first (and third party) games.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You're mad that a direct announced at the biggest fighting game tournament in the world was dedicated to Smash? What?

C++

Banned
Aug 2, 2018
Maybe you should have waited a little instead of a reaction thread

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
This direct made even less sense right after the wall to wall E3 blowout.

They should have done it after a general direct where they revealed the rest of the lineup for Fall

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I too hate when smash bros directs y'all avout smash bros

How dare Nintendo focus on their biggest game of 2018 in August

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They'll talk about 2019 games later this year or next year. They're focusing on this years titles.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Games for Switch get announced every day....yet the same people keep crying over Directs ever 3 days lol.
They will tease their 2019 titles later this fall....

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So you are complaining that you know the full roster of a fighting game or are you complaining that you in your full free will choose to watch a video that had in it's description "we will talk a lot about the details of this game" ?

Oh it is because they gave the game that much time?

Dude they announced more first party games at e3 than sony =P

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Oh no, chris walken might not buy a fucking videogame

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
People will complain about literally anything confirmed.

This game is a Smash fans wet dream come true.

STFU and enjoy the ride.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
You're complaining about the amount of attention it's getting. Why don't you find that ridiculous?

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for giving me a good reason to use the ignore button.

We know about other projects for 2018, and if you can't wait for info on other projects that probably are 2019, you have a serious problem

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Womp womp, smash is the biggest hype machine game in the world, can you blame nintendo from cashing on that fact?

0MAR10

Oct 27, 2017
Louisiana
This is a mask thread hiding the real complaint: that Nintendo hasn't made a general Nintendo Direct. Nintendo stated that they'll announce titles when they're close to releasing. No point in hyping up a game for years (except Metroid because it was vital to show the promise of the Switch in the coming years ).

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This is stupid.

Smash is Nintendo's biggest game of the year by far, and will be one of the biggest games on the Switch, period. It only makes sense for Nintendo to build as much hype as possible for it.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I mean I...sorta agree.

I enjoy Smash, but it's not in any of my "favorite games" rankings. I'd really like to know if there's anything else for us to look forward to this Holiday season.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
Smash is their biggest game this year. This Direct took place just after EVO. Nintendo is doing well with their marketing. They'll show off their other games later.

Chaos17

Oct 27, 2017
France
This isn't just about marketting, this more about revealing new features that people won't forget because it will be too overwhelming for them.
I mean with all the infos we've now, we could make a documentary of 1 hour about Smash ultimate and who will watch this all at once? lol

We know more abour Smash than previously announced games combined, we had an E3 that basically was an Smash E3 Direct, now...2 months later we've got ANOTHER Smash Direct, and nothing about other future projects.
You weren't around when they did Zelda Breath of the marketing, were you ? XD

Anonymous Tipster

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
This is ridiculous. Your complaint isn't even about Smash's marketing but about Nintendo's overall strategy.

And that complaint has no merit. What a transparent , awful thread.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
First of all, and as i said in the title... I LIKE SMASH, played like 2000 hours on Melee and loved every one of it.

I know this new entry is important, not only for Nintendo, but for the industry itself, it has a lot of content from cult classic games and it seems to be more polished than ever before.

BUT this marketing...

We're entering the same wheel as the second half of 2017, we know a lot about titles that are being released on the same year, but nothing about next year.

Knowing nothing about other Nintendo projects but a lot of Smash makes me sick, and i'm starting to hate the game due to the "excessive" attention is getting, specially knowing that there are a lot of games in the making that we haven't seen yet.

It's a logic movement for massive sales, but not for the cataloge of their console that is begging for new first (and third party) games.
They're only doing it for Smash because it kind of deserves the attention with all the content thats in there. How do you suppose they fit all that into one direct?

Knowing nothing about 2019 and beyond is kind of refreshing to me. I like watching a direct every 3 months or so and see what I want to purchase in the next couple of months.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's daft.

Smash is a huge title with a large amount of features to talk about. It needs the space (the E3 presence was maybe a misstep, but this Direct was very well-handled.)

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is more an issue of nintendo not having that great of an output compared to last year and thus they are kinda forced to focus on Smash so much. Silly to blame that on the marketing campaign though, thats not the real issue here.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
That's quite petty of you. It's often alright to be petty about video games, because they're petty little things, but try not to let it affect your overall happiness.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
It's almost as if we didn't have that one thread earlier this week about how a Smash direct doesn't pick a spot from a normal direct.
Oh wait we had that discussion but it got locked.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
who makes this topic after mother fucking k rool was just announced?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...let me get this straight you'd rather hear scraps of information of games that aren't going to exist for years to come rather than a more detailed drill down of a game you'll be able to play in months to help further inform you if you're interested in buying that?

Cause....I don't understand that at all.

Nov 8, 2017
The E3 Direct didn't affect my opinion of Smash, but it did make me not want to watch another Nintendo E3 Direct. Nearly put me to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.