• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...preferably isometric, but not required.

I've finished Pillars of Eternity, got bored with Torment. Gone thru Diablo 3.

I've done Prey, God of War, TLoU, Fallout 4, Horizon.

Please, someone gimme a recommendation.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played it so I shouldn't be recommending this buuuuut I've heard good things about Divinity: Original Sin.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Odin Sphere is gorgeous. It's. 2-D side scroller with great writing and voice acting.

Alternately FFXII Zodiac Age has great writing.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
probably Nier Automata or Yakuza O.

edit: Also Borderlands: The Handsome Collection or The Witcher 3

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you want isometric and havent played Divinity OS, do that.

I think its also on sale on psn right now.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I have not played it, but Divinity Original Sin is probably easy to get on the cheaper side nowadays. I don't know the quality of the story, but 2 is coming to consoles this fall and that one is (from what I remember) universally praised.

edit: doh! It was the first reply...

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Pyre.

It has a great story, is isometric and is currently on sale on both PS4 and Steam. Its more of a visual novel at times in between the combat but its a lot of fun and memorable.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'll get laughed at but fuck it, Detroit Become Human is a cool experience.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Any word on Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

Kingdom Come is great, great rpg with a more historical slant (no fantasy elements), combat takes some time to get used to, there's a lot of depth behind it and you start off quite unskilled at it, just remember to train with Captain Bernard if you do get it, this is how you unlock all the more advanced combat techniques in the game.

The game is probably one of the best when it comes to historical setting rpgs, and they are planning expansions and more for the future.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 releases in August and is an absolute must, it's a better game then Divinity: OS1 imo, especially the story and voice acting.

JarlRaven

Nov 8, 2017
Divinity Original Sin II for console is coming up real soon but if you can't wait the enhanced edition of the first one is available right now. The best rpgs this gen easily if it wasn't for TW3.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I picked up Nier Automata because I wanted to play an action game.

I LOVED it because of the story. Do it OP. You won't be disappointed.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3, immensely good, especially the fantastic secondary quests and I didn't even like the first two. One of the few games this gen with a good story.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Divnity is the way to go.

Victor Vran is a good controller oriented RPG.

Final Fantasy XII is pretty similar to a lot of western RPGs so it may be one to get you over your JRPG aversion.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
If you liked Witcher 3 and Horizon give AC Origins a try. I know it's AC, but it's an excellent game.

Also I definitely second Yakuza 0, NieR Automata, and Persona 5. Actually playing through Persona 5 right now and it's great.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Divinity Original Sin is 10 dollars now.

I'll still recommend it on PC first just to navigate the inventory and menus but it works fine for a gamepad for combat.

Can't vouch for the Wasteland 2 port but the game itself is fantastic.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Kingdom Hearts has a long and complex story. Maybe too complex for its own good but it's still good fun to expirience all the twists.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh Child of Light is a simplistic game with beautiful art and a fairy tale story.