• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
My room looks depressing. All the walls are damaged and the old fashion wallpaper looks outright sad. I can't tear the wallpaper off and put up fresh paint, and I feel posters/wall scrolls look a little childish (plus they're pretty expensive). Is there another solution I'm not thinking of? It would have to be somewhat cheap, since I'd like to cover up a pretty decent amount.

Thanks dudes.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm. There is peel and stick wallpaper you can get relatively cheap on wayfair.com but idk if that'll work given that you said you couldn't rip the old wallpaper off and paint.

Otherwise, maybe start slowly collecting some art to put on the walls.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Have considered a framed poster of Carmon Electra?

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Dogs-Playing-Poker-1903-C-M-Coolidge-Personalized-Door-Mat.jpg

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
I recommend prints TBH. You can find some classy stuff out there for reasonable prices.

If you have the space and strength you can probably get some cheap shelves from a thrift store and cover up some of it that way.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big anime booties. Plaster your wall with the weebest shit you can find. The cringe will overwrite the depression.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Are you able to put up some small shelves? You can get some nice houseplants to put on the shelves. Plus, it'll help freshen up the air!

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't you take the old wallpaper off? Not one of those cheap made places where they didn't bother to plaster and just wallpapered straight onto plasterboard is it?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Why not post pictures of your walls so we can help you out better?

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Don't be, you might get some snark but it sounds like people genuinely want to help already.

I was going to suggest spackle because I thought it was holes or dents in the walls, wallpaper I've never had to deal with at all.
Did you fucking bust a nut on these walls for the past 20 years? Been punching holes in it after some Monster-fueled GAMER MOMENTS? It cannot be that bad. You're exaggerating. Show us your walls.
No I'm not kidding... My room would probably become a ResetEra meme.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If you rather not post an actual photo, can you find an image online that looks similar to what the wallpaper and wall damage looks like?

You can find inexpensive large framed paintings at thrift stores, garage sales, etc. Use better lighting and as suggested by someone earlier get a bunch of low maintenance house plants.

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't you take the wallpaper off? It's easy to do. Strip the paper, fill any big dents or holes, sand it down a little and then paint it.

You can paint over wallpaper, although how good that looks will depend on the condition and type of paper. Any raised pattern work shows through but it can be fairly subtle so if you've painted it in a plain colour and then you've got some nice artwork on the walls then you can bring things together a little more.

Also how about lighting? You can change the whole feel of a room by changing how it's lit.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm going to add some sound proof panels as suggested above (which might actually fix too much sound coming in from the outside) and some plants. So instead of depressing, it'll be tacky, busy, and ugly.

But at least it won't be depressing. Who knows maybe it'll come together.