• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
Anyone who claims of like authenticity or some shit, you're boring. Someone playing a game in a different way, literally does not affect you. Are you just upset you didn't enjoy it as much as them when you could have? Is that it?

I cannot understand why someone beating a game differently matters to you at all?

Is it your only point of pride in the world is beating a video game on its standard difficulty? Why not try new game + then, from soft games go up to like +7, beating it normal style is not impressive.

Just, enjoy your games, and let other people enjoy them in the way that makes them happiest, jesus.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Anyone who claims of like authenticity or some shit, you're boring. Someone playing a game in a different way, literally does not affect you. Are you just upset you didn't enjoy it as much as them when you could have? Is that it?

I cannot understand why someone beating a game differently matters to you at all?

Is it your only point of pride in the world is beating a video game on its standard difficulty? Why not try new game + then, from soft games go up to like +7, beating it normal style is not impressive.

Just, enjoy your games, and let other people enjoy them in the way that makes them happiest, jesus.
Most people here don't have a problem with anyone modding a game.

What I have problem with is people demanding devs implement difficulty settings when they don't want to create them.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not super knowledgeable about mods/pc's but to all those who are adverse to an "easy mode" because you feel it'll "hinder" the developers "vision" why would anyone complain about FROM including a slider (enemy health, player health, enemy damage, player damage, etc...) in the options menu or a slider in an official mod support by FROM? If they develop the game as challenging as they want and the slider settings come after the game is already complete how is any "vision" the developers have hindered or how is the balance of the game changed at all? It would be no different then the Draconian Challenges Dragon Quest 11 added to the game after it was finished. There were multiple challenges a player could choose to select at the start of the game that makes the game harder and one of them, Draconian Monsters increased enemies health, damage, etc... It was added after the game was already made and some people complained that it was unbalanced with some bosses being extremely hard due to the game not being built around that option but that further proves that the base game wasn't changed to fit the challenge but it being an extra added after the game was complete. That's just further proof that FROM could do the EXACT same thing both for easier/harder via sliders without changing the base game at all therefore making it so there's not a single legitimate reason to be against those kinds of sliders/options outside of gatekeeping and elitism.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Did you play with a fat anime titties mod though?

Asking the real questions.

The clue to how people should feel about this is literally in the thread title.

"it was fun as hell"

It starts and ends there.

Nah man, this is a hardcore™ from software game, everybody knows you can only truly experience and enjoy them if you are suffering constantly, because the difficulty is the only reason anyone would ever want to play them, it's all about the struggle and the hardcoreness dude that and letting everyone on the internet know if they aren't suffering they aren't playing it right.

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing how to use cheat engine since middle school the novelty of doing anything for free and no effort gets kinda boring after a few years, gameplay stops being a talking point and paying the money just to look at art-assets doesn't seem all that economical when you can settle for an LP.
That's where my egregious abuse of cheat tools got me at some point, if i am just ogling i can't justify paying if i can just watch someone else do it.
I'll go ahead and say that the pure art assets of souls games aren't that remarkable and i associate them more with my struggles against them, that's how i remember every polygon of the first Dark Souls. Sekiro is a nice looking game but just walking through it is the same as watching a video of it for me. Everyone is free to get the fun out of something the way they want, drawing the line at online games with competetive aspects obviously.
Circumventing any and all dificulty on PC is as easy at it can get, and who cares if people find it very boring do what you want.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Might actually buy the game with this mod, shame FROM just doesnt include easy modes

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
You can literally pick a class with the most HP and then select the HP ring as a gift before the game starts.
The truth is you can get a lot more HP for your character at the start of the game compared to other people's.

Dark Souls have ''dynamic difficulty settings'', the player are given multiple tools and methods to make the game easier. You can even summon other players for help.

FIFA sliders are just dumb stupid old video game ways of doing difficulties. The ''assuming what is the best for me'' settings.
In Dark Souls you get to find out what ACTUALLY is too hard for you before you make the adjustment.

That starting HP is a pittance compared to something like level 99 Vitality, you can still get one shotted from some bosses. I'm sure that it's not enough for some folks.

I agree, having the coop signs helps a ton, but I still don't see what's so bad about having the sliders there. It's not affecting the difficulty design of the game itself (Again, kind of like FIFA).

Obviously MP muddles the waters, but you can have it be something like "Can only use the sliders in offline mode".

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not super knowledgeable about mods/pc's but to all those who are adverse to an "easy mode" because you feel it'll "hinder" the developers "vision" why would anyone complain about FROM including a slider (enemy health, player health, enemy damage, player damage, etc...) in the options menu or a slider in an official mod support by FROM? If they develop the game as challenging as they want and the slider settings come after the game is already complete how is any "vision" the developers have hindered or how is the balance of the game changed at all? It would be no different then the Draconian Challenges Dragon Quest 11 added to the game after it was finished. There were multiple challenges a player could choose to select at the start of the game that makes the game harder and one of them, Draconian Monsters increased enemies health, damage, etc... It was added after the game was already made and some people complained that it was unbalanced with some bosses being extremely hard due to the game not being built around that option but that further proves that the base game wasn't changed to fit the challenge but it being an extra added after the game was complete. That's just further proof that FROM could do the EXACT same thing both for easier/harder via sliders without changing the base game at all therefore making it so there's not a single legitimate reason to be against those kinds of sliders/options outside of gatekeeping and elitism.
I wouldn't. I wouldn't care at all. Even full on cheat codes, like God Mode and such.

I'm not gonna ask them either, and I don't think they necessarily should do it, but if they do, I really don't mind.

If you asked me if From games should have difficulty settings that go higher than the default after Dark Souls 1, I would also say no, but they did include that in both Dark Souls II and Sekiro, and you didn't see me complaining.

I'm ok with whatever they want to do, I just dislike when people start with shit like "From doesn't respect its players, it's unnacceptable that there isn't *insert anything here*".

Whatever they make, I'm interested. You didn't see me complaining Déraciné didn't have challenge either. I didn't play it because I don't own PSVR, but I was always interested in that project since it was announced.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017

It's hilarious how hung up some people get on the idea that Souls fans are just these fucking masochists who get hard at the thought of the pure misery they must have had to endure to complete these games. People just want others to share their experience, and not in a "Now YOU get to feel my pain way" but in a "I truly felt great every time I got past a hurdle in this game and I'd like others to feel that too." I don't know why people enjoying a challenge has become some kind of stigmatized thing around here.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
He's using completion to refer to people beating the game, as in the % of people actually getting the ending trophies. See the Sword Saint trophy for Sekiro for example. You're looking at the PSN profiles completion % which is just the amount of trophies people unlock for the game on average and says nothing about people beating the game or not.
Even then his numbers are off. 43% of people have gotten the trophy for beating the final boss. Whatever numbers he is using are not accurate.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
1. I'd imagine it's far easier to tweak difficulty settings for a turn-based RPG than an full blown action game.
Even then, you yourself admitted that the Draconian difficulty settings were poorly balanced(Which they are, with the base game being too easy as well).
2.Consumers are entitled to make requests of developers.
However, developers are not obligated to appease any requests.

If Sekiro was awarded GOTY in it's current state, I'd easily argue that Fromsoft doesn't require anyone to make decisions for them.

Jamiaro

Jan 8, 2018
Finland
That experience was not what the devs invisioned, you played a mere imitation.

But hey, glad you enjoyed the ride. Sekiro is a good game by its own right. :)

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad you enjoyed it OP. It's a great game and mods like this are what make PC such a great platform.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Going to give this a try OP. Am I able to turn off certain things and modify values? All I'd really want is to increase damage dealt, decrease damage taken, bad potentially marginally increase parry (dodge? Idk how Sekiro works) windows. I simply don't have time or interest in a game that beats me over the head several hundred times in a playthrough, though I'd like to preserve some of the challenge.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
He's using completion to refer to people beating the game, as in the % of people actually getting the ending trophies. See the Sword Saint trophy for Sekiro for example. You're looking at the PSN profiles completion % which is just the amount of trophies people unlock for the game on average and says nothing about people beating the game or not.
On PSN profiles you can literally click on one filter to view the actual PSN ratio for any game's trophies.

Oct 25, 2017
Going to give this a try OP. Am I able to turn off certain things and modify certain values? All I'd really want is to increase damage dealt, decrease damage taken, bad potentially marginally increase parry (dodge? Idk how Sekiro works) windows.
If you fail a parry, you'll still get a block, that reduces 100% of physical damage. As long as you don't try to block fire or something like that, you'll be fine. Can block bullets as well.

The dodge windows are kind of tight, but if you focus on parrying, you'll be fine even when you miss.

I think there are other mods that exclusively change damage numbers, if that's all you want.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I wonder if this thread is what it's like when someone with a real Louis Vuitton bag spots someone holding a fake one.

Hahaha, this is perfect.

People just want others to share their experience, and not in a "Now YOU get to feel my pain way" but in a "I truly felt great every time I got past a hurdle in this game and I'd like others to feel that too."

Those post have been a minority here, most posts have been straight up shaming op for not wanting to play a hard game like it was "intended".

I don't know why people enjoying a challenge has become some kind of stigmatized thing around here.

They haven't, some of the more ardent souls fans here are just overly defensive and have some kind of persecution complex, and i can understand them, they love the challenge of the souls series and don't want it to get any easier and they get nervous when people start discussing difficulty levels.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
PC gamer cheating at game is not a topic. Happens in every game.

You could stare at your screen and hold a controller for 10 hours straight and call this Sekiro + feel good about it. You could also pick up a ball and walk into a goal all alone and call this sport and tell everyone how good you felt about this. Cool.

It's your life, in your head. I'm sure there are similar people out there.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I just installed the mod, going to play it later this tonight, looking forward to it, please feel free to tell me how i am not playing sekiro and not having fun.

Wait... Did you just use a mod to have fun playing a videogame? How dare you?!!?

Heresy!

No, you played the mod. Glad that the option is out there in mod form for people that want it, but it's not in the spirit of the game. The developers made the game the way they wanted to, and if you don't like that you're not entitled to an easy mode.

Are you though? You sure don't sound like it.

Last edited:

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I sense a lot of people in this thread don't stack +2/+4 cards in UNO because it's "not what the developer intended."

Oct 31, 2017
It's hilarious how hung up some people get on the idea that Souls fans are just these fucking masochists who get hard at the thought of the pure misery they must have had to endure to complete these games. People just want others to share their experience, and not in a "Now YOU get to feel my pain way" but in a "I truly felt great every time I got past a hurdle in this game and I'd like others to feel that too." I don't know why people enjoying a challenge has become some kind of stigmatized thing around here.

Because it's not hard to understand that a lot of people don't want to put in a lot of time, energy, and effort into a video game

Oct 31, 2017
That experience was not what the devs invisioned, you played a mere imitation.

But hey, glad you enjoyed the ride. Sekiro is a good game by its own right. :)

I think they know that, considering that they consciously chose to apply a fan-made mod to the game and didn't need you to tell them that. :)

You guys need to realize that people who use this mod would either have not experienced the game at all or would not have finished the experience. They don't give a rat's ass about following Miyazaki's vision of putting in effort into a video game like it's a final exam worth 80% of your grade in a Biochem class.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Does anyone have recommendations for playthroughs to watch of the game on YT, someone who's interested in the lore + doesn't talk over story moments?

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
No, you played the mod. Glad that the option is out there in mod form for people that want it, but it's not in the spirit of the game. The developers made the game the way they wanted to, and if you don't like that you're not entitled to an easy mode.
He played a modified version of Sekiro.
If he says Sekiro is his GOTY then that's that, Sekiro is his goty not anything else.
This "not sekiro" game that you've imagined literally does not exist.

I'm kinda surprised this thread is happening but also not really. This kinda stuff is why being a From fan has the baggage of being some gatekeeping elitist. We are now telling people that their experiences aren't valid because they didn't beat the game but instead beat a different game that you just made up in your head.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
That's awesome to hear!

Had Fallen Order not convinced me I dislike the whole... gameplay loop of Souls-type games, I would have done the same thing. It's great you were able to enjoy it and there should be no shame in enjoying a game on a lower difficulty mode. I doubt we'll ever see an official From game with these types of difficulty tweaks, but as long as they come out on PC there'll be the option.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
For some reason I am fine with people enjoying Sekiro this way as it is more of an action title. I think you'd rob Dark Souls of most of it's allure if it wasn't hard and oppressive feeling.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
OP when you make this thread do you expect it to blow up like this ?

I don't think anyone did.

"Hey guys i sure enjoyed sekiro" followed by 18 pages of "lol no you didn't" "wuss" "cheater" "but what about god-king mizayaki's holy infallible vision???" "you did not have fun".

He struck a nerve that i didn't even know existed.

For some reason I am fine with people enjoying Sekiro this way as it is more of an action title. I think you'd rob Dark Souls of most of it's allure if it wasn't hard and oppressive feeling.

I played through dark souls 3 with mods to make it easier, it is still a wonderful game even without the punishing difficulty level, imo of course.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
OP when you make this thread do you expect it to blow up like this ?

When has thread about difficulty in a From game not "blown up?". Even when it's what you'd think would be a straight forward premise of someone modding that game so they can actually enjoy instead of not playing it at all.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls never felt unfairly difficult to me, though. It's only in the last couple years where I've felt Souls and Soulslikes are hitting the point where they're becoming too difficult. At least for me to find them enjoyable.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I played through dark souls 3 with mods to make it easier, it is still a wonderful game even without the punishing difficulty level, imo of course.

That's great! I just know that my greatest and most fond memory of Dark Souls is when I made it out of the depths of the world after what seemed like an age, I think it was when I wrapped around from Blighttown to Firelink shrine. It felt like an epic struggle. Realizing where I was and hearing that familiar music once again. It was like nothing else in gaming. It's too bad you can teleport from any bonfire from the get go in the other titles.

Dark Souls never felt unfairly difficult to me, though. It's only in the last couple years where I've felt Souls and Soulslikes are hitting the point where they're becoming too difficult. At least for me to find them enjoyable.

I know what you mean, It may be the reason I haven't finished Sekiro. That and the fact that the same weapon and armor get boring after a while. Bring on Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Some people don't have time so let them do what they please. I enjoyed Sekiro and the world the developer created. If people want to cheat in a SP game, so be it. People acting like they never used the Konami code for Contra back in the day. It is not like the OP used an Aimbot for a multiplayer FPS game.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
User Banned (3 days): Trolling over a series of posts
OP, why do you believe you wouldn't have experienced the game without mods? Why did you give up at the face of adversity? Your defeatist attitude will do you no good in the real world.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
devs should be able to make the exact experiences they want to make and players should be able to play them however they want. these aren't mutually exclusive things, as shown by this thread.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Some people don't have time so let them do what they please. I enjoyed Sekiro and the world the developer created. If people want to cheat in a SP game, so be it. People acting like they never used the Konami code for Contra back in the day. It is not like the OP used an Aimbot for a multiplayer FPS game.
Agreed. I don't give a damn if someone wants to cheat playing a sp game - it's their money and their time.

I honestly don't have a lot of time so I play all my games on easy mode if there is an option. I save my time for From games because I think they are worth my time.

Last edited:

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm always resentful to people I've never met and I resent the TC for making this thread before I could buy the game and now it myself.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
When has thread about difficulty in a From game not "blown up?". Even when it's what you'd think would be a straight forward premise of someone modding that game so they can actually enjoy instead of not playing it at all.

You are right. I forgot the same thing happen with 'Resi2Remake remove MR X mod' thread.