• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
What is this thing? It's so purple and shiny. I was going grocery shopping buying some stuff, and I do this fairly often. Like once a week, but somehow I never came across this thing.

Am I the only one who had never seen a eggplant in person?

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is this thing? It's so purple and shiny. I was going grocery shopping buying some stuff, and I do this fairly often. Like once a week, but somehow I never came across this thing.

Am I the only one who had never seen a eggplant in person?

9496.jpg

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's also called Aubergine and Brinjal. It's damn delicious if cooked properly so what do you mean "what is this thing"?

Eggplant curry.

oestf7ehacdid_bigger.jpg

Salamando

Oct 25, 2017
I know, in my life, I've seen eggplant, but for the life of me I can't remember the last time I actually noticed an eggplant. It's a very forgettable fruit.

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buy one, wash it, cut it into 0.5-1cm thick slices and fry them in olive oil. Then add salt and pepper to your liking. Thank me later ;O

(was this the first time you visited the vegetable section of a grocery store?)

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Welp, you just eliminated the "not seeing an eggplant in person" population.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen one before, I also tasted one and hated it.

I've tried eating them a few times but the taste to me is just too overpowering.

OP
OP
Painguy

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
Dear lord. WHAT IS THIS?!?!?! Also ITS A FUCKING FRUIT?!?! WHAT?!?!?!

Here is the low down. I was hella hungry and I was feeling some fried rice so I went to buy some.......eggs and after I did that I went to get some green shallots, carrots n garlic. Fried rice is pretty cheap to make but also very filling so I was like hell yeah. As I'm getting the carrots (not organic btw. I don't have that kind of money yet) I notice this purple thing n well.....pretty much life hasn't been the same since.

Also while I wish I had some giggle bush, I've unfortunately been out for like 3 weeks. :(

GIMMIE YOUR BEST EGGPLANT RECIPES YO!!!!

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely delicious if cooked right. Eggplant parmesan is soooooo good.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you lick it though? Pro tip: Wash it thoroughly first. Don't want your first experience ruined by pesticides on your eggplant, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.