• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 23, 2018
China Is clamping down on foreign companies trying to expand in the mainland. If you aren't established already in the market, specially in games where the government takes such a strict control of it, then You might as well give up

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
87d.gif

Microsoft with the help of Nintendo can definitely establish a foothold.

This gif is adorable.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No tea no shade but Asia never cared about them Halo's and Gears and Forza's, they won't suddenly care just because it's available on Switch or whatever streaming platform they'll come up with.

This. XB1 is available in those territories right now and not even making a dent so I'm not sure why it would suddenly become a big thing if it was on another device.

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
Not saying OP is a fanboy but there are a lot of hopes and dreams based on rumors thrown all over this forum. What kind of kool aid had ya'll been drinking.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
We are now officially in the meme period between generations. May those of us strong enough, or smart enough, or lucky enough, escape unscathed and bathe in the warmth of the new consoles slightly overheating due to insane teraflops.

amstradcpc

Oct 27, 2017
Who would say XBOX fans now are the main defensors of lagstreaming. They are smelling MS abandoning the hardware space. I wouldnt touch streaming with a ten foot pole.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I dunno about "dominate" but I think if the Nintendo stuff is true. They could definitely have more share than they've ever managed before. I especially see it being a good case in japan where the internet infrastructure is more capable of cloud gaming across the board. As an example, let's say Yakuza 7 can't be made to run on switch. But with a Yakuza 7 port on Xbox Two playable on Xcloud through the switch, all those people who would still rather play that stuff on the switch and not on a home console can have the ability to do so.

I still think a big reason for Nintendo allowing for Gamepass on Switch (If the rumors are true) is due to upcoming graphical jump of next-gen. This way, Nintendo doesn't have to make their own cloud service for this stuff and can say all these new titles are still playable on their platform (while getting a cut from MS to boot).

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While Google a powerful company (so are ms). They don't have nearly 2 decades of game libary and 14 game studios.
Google could be evil though and gimp the Xcloud app on android.

I don't think it's random chance that there is still no PS Now or Remote Play app available in the Google Play store. Sony promised the same broad app support back in 2013 that MS is regurgitating now, but I think they'll find Google and Apple rather hostile to their streaming plans.

Doing a version for Samsung + Android TV would cover a large portion of the market. Real hard part to me is what are people gonna use for input?

TV apps didn't turn out that well for PS Now.

Feb 10, 2018
I don't think it's random chance that there is still no PS Now or Remote Play app available in the Google Play store. Sony promised the same broad app support back in 2013 that MS is regurgitating now, but I think they'll find Google and Apple rather hostile to their streaming plans.

TV apps didn't turn out that well for PS Now.

We will have to see. But right ms/Sony have the advantage with there massive library of games and high number of quality devs.