• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
I sneezed about an hour ago and immediately felt a pain in my lower neck. Now its all fucked up. I can't move my neck at all without pain.

m1jD711.jpg

The entire area in red hurts when I move. Very bad.

What's the best course of action?

Heat, ice, advil, tylenol, etc.

Help. I cannot lift my arms up above shoulder length without very bad pain in the red spot.

Oct 25, 2017
I do this every once in awhile, it sucks.

A heat pad will help, or in a pinch take a tube sock, fill with rice, tie off the end, and heat that up.
When you go to bed, take some pain killers or some muscle relaxant if you have any. I take an edible with THC/CBD to help me

As it gets better you can start stretching it to loosen up, mine usually takes a few days to get better. Making sure I do neck stretches helps prevent it too, going forward.

Iron Mike

Sep 28, 2019
In Europe we would go to the doctor if we can't move our neck without "very bad pain".

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Ibuprofen and paracetamol, and most importantly stretching. I have that regularly. If it helps you can try massaging the sore muscle by rolling against a wall with a tennis ball or something like that between you and the wall. Swinging you arms all the way up and down while standing (one arm up, one arm down) and turning your head to face the arm that's up. And while sitting, hold your elbow on the side that burst and pull to the other untill you feel a stretch and hold that for as long as you want.

and see a physical therapist to massage it loose.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I sneezed about an hour ago and immediately felt a pain in my lower neck. Now its all fucked up. I can't move my neck at all without pain.

m1jD711.jpg

The entire area in red hurts when I move. Very bad.

What's the best course of action?

Heat, ice, advil, tylenol, etc.

Help. I cannot lift my arms up above shoulder length without very bad pain in the red spot.
been there done that, you listed the things you can do. It just takes time to heal on its own, not worth going to the doc for. people around me call that a stich.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I do this every once in awhile, it sucks.

A heat pad will help, or in a pinch take a tube sock, fill with rice, tie off the end, and heat that up.
When you go to bed, take some pain killers or some muscle relaxant if you have any. I take an edible with THC/CBD to help me

As it gets better you can start stretching it to loosen up, mine usually takes a few days to get better. Making sure I do neck stretches helps prevent it too, going forward.
we have lived similar experiences. brother?

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just threw my back out Thanksgiving day from getting out of bed.

This happens to me once or twice a year. I usually go straight to the chiropractor to fix it.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this happens to me like once or twice a year and it blows. a hot water bottle and a cooling pad help when you're laying down, also, being really high. depending on how obnoxious the pain is, a foam roller helps, as does occasionally hanging from a pullup bar for a little, at least for me. also, somewhat counterintuitively, i find taking a mile or so walk can really help sometimes, though ymmv obviously.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Yeah really how serious can it be

My rule is if no improvement in 2 days then I go to the doctors (only for injuries like this)

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Go to a doctor. I did near exactly the same thing - turned out I had pinched a nerve, and it highlighted an underlying (common) spinal problem. Needed medication in the short-term, and physical therapy for the mid-to-long term to really address the problem.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Despite the general opinion here, it's a neck injury (perceived, at least) so if you rest, ice it, heat it, take pain killers and it's still shitty later, you really should see a doctor if you are able. But it sounds like you just strained a muscle.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
A heatpad is good advice, but seek medical help if possible, neck pain isn't something you want to just deal with and hope it's nothing too serious.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make a thread about it and wait for the Era doctors to recommend something.

Go see a doctor, you maniac

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Ice and ibuprofen are all you can really do in the immediate future. If you go to a doctor they might prescribe you a higher dosage ibuprofen, but that's about it. I've been in your situation (but my back instead of my neck) and it just takes time.

Oct 26, 2017
I actually ripped that muscle (not completely luckily) as a teen while headbanging. Couldn't turn my head for weeks. Doctors just prescribed pain medication and anti inflammation pills. Being 17 definitely helped.

Take it slow, pop some Ibuprofen and go to a doctor for a checkup if it doesn't get better in a day or two.