• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
If the dungeons we got are representative of the dungeons we would've gotten, then I'm fine tbh. Any more of those boring dungeons and the game would've just draaaaagged.

You're correct, but you made the tragic mistake of assuming people beat Skyward Sword.

I for sure didn't. I gave up after a couple of hours, can't play games with that kind of control scheme - unfortunately. It really felt that it was a good Zelda game, wish that I didn't have to miss out.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the combat in SS is not fun then the combat in TWW is actual torture. Link doesn't have his sword struck by lightning when stabbing Ganondorf in the head either.
Good point about the lightning strike. I'm not saying that the combat was fun in the WW or any 3D Zelda for that matter but it was a complete disaster in SS (As was nearly everything else except the art style and music).

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Good point about the lightning strike. I'm not saying that the combat was fun in the WW or any 3D Zelda for that matter but it was a complete disaster in SS (As was nearly everything else except the art style and music).

For you.
Combat was easily the best in the serie in SS

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most technically advanced games at the time and the best artstyle Zelda ever had. Cute game and way better than BOTW.

Lucky241

Oct 31, 2017
the shores of Carcosa
I loved the game. So many good things about it. Only two problems with it.

The triforce hunt. Bald faced padding. No one likes tedious grinds like that.

Constant shark attacks. Such a beautiful world. I would have loved to take in the scenery while sailing. Instead I had to fight off sharks every 3 seconds.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I couldn't disagree more. The only padding I noticed was finding the trifurcation pieces in the water . Beyond that it's an amazing game - what's the point in what iffing it?

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
I honestly had no idea that it was missing content until many years later, on the internet. It's a 10/10 and my 2nd favourite Zelda game.

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorites out of all the 3D Zelda titles. It probably would have been the best Zelda title if they hadn't rushed it out so fast and put some more dungeons in it. The biggest disappointment though is that Nintendo regulated all of it's "sequels" to the handhelds and squandered its art style.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess need to be on the Switch. And while we're at it bring the ugly duckling Skyward Sword as well.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
If any game caused me pain when I played it, I would stop playing it. I enjoy WW for what it is.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
The dungeons were very forgetable and I never finished the triforce hunt.
I kind of want to but the idea of doing it just annoys me.

Oct 25, 2017
better dungeons..more content,more challenging..sorry can't see that.
There's padding worse than anything from the Tri-Force hunt, worsened combat, bland over-world and story. The back half of that game is a flat out chore to go through. Then there's the Wolf Link sections and Tears of Light jank.

Some decent dungeons are the only thing really going for it.

Not in a world where Skyward Sword exists.
Haven't played that one, so I can't really rate it.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I really hated WW when I played it on Gamecube (well, Wii because I never owned a Gamecube.) Just none of it clicked with me except the art style, which is still beautiful.
Tried it again with the Wii U remaster and the slightly better sailing definitely helped fix that problem with it but the dungeons are still just so easy and forgettable. Probably my least favourite Zelda game, even Skyward Sword which has a lot of issues, I liked what it tried to do more than WW.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite 3D Zelda, easily. Number 2 overall behind Link's Awakening.

I wish they'd put that remaster out on Switch so I could play it again.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twilight princess really isn't more challenging.
I don't see the challenging argument for Twilight Princess. The game was hand-holdy as hell, linear as hell, and its breadth of content was largely built from a massive amount of filler.

it isn't hard, but it's still more challenging

if TP is kind of "normal" for the zelda franchise,wind waker is baby-easy

the enemies hit for less, you find fairies in almost every pot the moment you lose more than one heart, and the combat is so poorly conceived (with the counterattack maneuvre being way too easy to pull of consistently because of the huge window for its activation) that one of the hidden challenges of the game is to hit the master THREE HUNDRED TIMES before he can hit you 3 times,and it's completely and easily doable.

also,most of the dungeons basically copy elements from ocarina of time and majora's mask..much lke the entire game really,so if like me you have played those games before,the game gave you a bad sense of deja vu

There's padding worse than anything from the Tri-Force hunt
the entirety of wind waker is padded by wasting time sailing and repeated content
no, just...no

, bland over-world and story

wind waker it's mostly composed of sea and you have like 3 or 4 islands that you actually remember after playing and that you visit more than once...story isn't really the strong suit of any zelda,let alone WW

The back half of that game is a flat out chore to go through. Then there's the Wolf Link sections and Tears of Light jank.

both games have their low points.

Last edited:

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played that one, so I can't really rate it.

I actually really like it, but damn near half the game is just going back to an area you've already been to twice for yet another mandatory fetch quest. Finished with the volcano area? Don't worry, you'll be back soon to fetch some Tears. Then go to the lake and bring back some water. Later you'll be back yet again but this time you won't be able to use your items, what fun.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember when I first played this, my immediate thought when I beat the game was 'Wheres the rest of it?', Now I know why. Lovely game, but a poor follow up to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Oct 25, 2017
basically copy elements from ocarina of time and majora's mask
Ironic as that how the entirety of Twilight Princess feels like. Like it's chasing after Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask's success while understanding none of it.

wind waker it's mostly composed of sea and you have like 3 or 4 islands that you actually remember after playing and that you visit more than once...story isn't really the strong suit of any zelda,let alone WW
TP's Hyrule Field is nothing, but empty space that literally has nothing worth visiting and feels tacked on so the player can ride a horse in an empty field . Wind Waker at least has something like Windfall Island, which feels memorable and has some fairly interesting side quests that helps to flesh out the npcs and make them feel like they actually live there. If Dungeons were the only thing that mattered in a Zelda game would Majora's Mask be as beloved as it was?

When talking about story, I am referring to Wind Waker having an actual plot line and using actual themes to design its world and plot. There's stuff like WW's Link attempting to live up to the Hero Time's reputation despite not being related to him and the overall obsession with Hyrule's past. Wind Waker actually managed to make a character out of Ganon, who previously had only been a mustache twirling villain.

Last edited:

Retromelon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The dungeons in wind waker are more enjoyable than anything in botw. Once the first 20 hours go by and that new zelda feeling fades, you realize there is nothing to reward exploration unless you like climbing a billion mountains for korok seeds and clearing a hundred samey shrines

RashBandicoot

Nov 3, 2017
When I played it, it never occured to me that there were "missing" dungeons. Unless someone tells you about it on the internet, it wouldnt be obvious at all. It was a spectaculary well polished game.

I agree that the Wii U remaster was disappointing, but its not as barebones as the Twilight Princess Wii U port.

It didn't feel missing per se but you have to admit that Water Pearl (forgot its name) was practically given to the player without any major challenge or dungeon.

All in all though I felt Wind Waker was pretty complete. I mean sure there were things left but that's just game development in general.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ironic as that how the entirety of Twilight Princess feels like. Like it's chasing after Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask's success while understanding none of it.
heard this a lot, but in the end twilight princess has way more original content than wind waker has..but sicne the artstyle is more realistic people consider it a copy of ocarina.
TP's Hyrule Field is nothing, but empty space that literally has nothing worth visiting and feels tacked on so the player can ride a horse in an empty field . Wind Waker at least has something like Windfall Island, which feels memorable and has some fairly interesting side quests that helps to flesh out the npcs and make them feel like they actually live there. If Dungeons were the only thing that mattered in a Zelda game would Majora's Mask be as beloved as it was?
sure,hyrule field on TP is bloated,but in terms of actual places you can visit and explore and feel memorable, i still put tp over the 3/4 islands of WW that are not even that big or full of meaningful content.

When talking about story, I am referring to Wind Waker having an actual plot line and using actual themes to design its world and plot. There's stuff like WW's Link attempting to live up to the Hero Time's reputation despite not being related to him and the overall obsession with Hyrule's past. Wind Waker actually managed to make a character out of Ganon, who previously had only been a mustache twirling villain.
haven't played WW in quite a while, but i don't remember anything about link "attempting to live up to the hero of time"...in both games link is barely a character..sure they gave him some emotions..but he is stillmore or less a siimple vessel of the character, he still is kinda...despite him having a lil more of a personal story hid in botw.

nothing to argue about ganon, he is barely featured in TP.