• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
It's better than the worse DCU flicks, but that's about it.

I won't blame Nolan, Ledger's death shook him. But after rewatching the trilogy this year, TDKR is really a mess on every front (And Begins much better than I thought).

Jyester

Oct 27, 2017
When Talia is talking about Bane as he lays there crippled by pain there is just so much respect that Nolan brings to the characters that isn't even attempted by any other superhero franchise. Its sooooo good.
It's crazy that neither Marvel nor DC tried to follow Nolan's example of crafting incredible villains. Ra's was a great mentor before he turned bad, and the Joker and Bane were positively menacing. All three were extremely engaging and made the movies so much more dynamic.

Oct 28, 2017
Blade 2 is garbage ever since I noticed one thing. When Whistler throws Blade his sunglasses from the second level Blade catches them. But then you see Whistler make an arm movement like he's throwing the [presumably) CGI sunglasses. Makes me want to vomit green peppers, onions, carrots...

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
TDKR has a lot of flaws but the core story of Bruce Wayne still trumps any other superhero franchise. His struggle to endure the personal consequences of being Batman, to live a life outside the suit, to let go of the past and let the symbol live on without him etc. The Nolan films also had great villains that all held up a mirror to Bruce, they all endured similar tragedies to him but went down a different path.

Logan is probably the only recent movie that anchors the story in the same way, too many of the cartoonish superhero films are just 2 hours of quips and fights without any actual story where the villain is a cardboard cut-out.