• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
I never like dark theme OP.

there-are-dozens-of-us-gif-5.gif

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll stick to the white theme if a PAL SNES color motif is offered. Like this:

YPMO7Je.jpg

That is, unless they also offer it for the black theme.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i very much need dark theme. i like browsing this site in darkness and the bright colors bother me. i was very happy to see somebody create a dark theme.

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Firefox mobile browser has a night mode that pretty much makes everything on the internet a "dark theme". Your eyes will thank you.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
I actually quite like how it looks with the current theme on my laptop. Definitely will need a dark theme for mobile though.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Nah, still gonna need that dark theme. I strongly dislike white as a primary UI/web page color. Any and all website and software that provide dark themes I enable them.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I need a dark theme. My eyes haven't done well on light themes for years due to health issues with them. Stylish has been great as it has given me some good dark themes for FB, Reddit, etc. I would barely be looking at era if not for the unofficial dark theme.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As others have stated, the unofficial dark theme is fantastic. Easy on the eyes and the purple seems to 'pop' more.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
I never used the dark theme on the old site. Here right off the bat I installed an unofficial dark theme because the default theme is just too bright and... off. At work I'm using the default theme and it still doesn't sit right with me.

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely need it. I'm actually not browsing as much as I'd like to because light theme is hurting my eyes. It will e interesting to see if they still keep the purple or go for a different highlight colour though.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I come here about 1/10th as much as I went to GAF because Of the theme.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Give me a dark theme that's not white text on a black background and I'll use it. White text on black stains the heck out of my eyes.

Ain't Nobody

Oct 30, 2017
If a white screen hurts your eyes, your brightness is too high.

Light text on a dark background really does bug out my eyes though. I get, like, eyeball burn-in.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using the "Stylish" extension that other users recommended for now. Has my dark theme needs met, but I'll definitely check out the official option soon as it rolls out. No way I can do the vanilla bright one.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Dark theme should be default, gotta protect those eyeballs.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
I never liked the old mobile dark theme, but on desktop it was essential. I'm here on mobile 99% of the time now, though, so this color scheme's totally fine with me, although I could totally be converted to a dark version if it's nice enough.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Back in the old forum I used dark theme all the time. In fact it was one of the aspects that kept me from browsing era as much as I do now but now that I've had time to experience this theme, I think I'll stick to it. Love color combination.

What do you guys think?

I need a dark theme. The faux dark theme we have now does not display emoticons properly. So I'll need an official.

MangaFan462

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to love the light theme on the old place and a few others too. It looks really sharp hete as well.

I've just grown to prefer the dark themes for my own aching eyesight though

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I love the colour combination too, but i do much prefer a dark theme.