• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Btw if you use the Samsung browser on Android, they recently updated it with a Night Mode. This basically makes every site have a dark theme.

KtZg0u8.png

El Goom

Oct 27, 2017
I personally thought the dark theme looked like ass on the other place, but with the color scheme here, it would look amazing

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use the white theme on phone and dark unofficial theme on PC. I like the dark a lot more.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
No, I absolutely need it. I wish they would implement even a basic dark theme until they're done with whatever fancy version they're making.

dpunk3

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts, USA
I visually like the look of the standard forum, but at night it really benefits to have the dark theme on top of the Discord look when the lights are off.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they at least change the colours of the light theme. I understand they wanted a US NES theme but the colours are awful together. Grey with slightly darker grey and white and purple is a design nightmare.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I put on a dark theme just because my eyes are sore and I need something easier on the eyes. A pure white background on any site is the bane of my existence at those moments.

Oct 27, 2017
I always use the dark theme when available, not a fan of the brightness. Even on YouTube I have dark mode plugin installed, and I always use night mode for twitter. Please make a dark switch for this forum :)

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the default theme is too white even for a light theme. Couldn't live without a dark theme.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't like the unofficial one so much, a dark theme proper is sorely needed and I will switch immediately supposing it's decent.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Zhuge answered me on Twitter when I asked about the dark theme.
That's how important it is. Black and purple is better than this clear nonsense, it's burning my goddamn eyes.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I've always used the dark but I actually like the more clean feel of the light theme here. We'll have to see how the dark theme looks when it rolls out.

Oct 25, 2017
I need it since I browse mainly on my PS4 and on my regular tv settings its so bright.
My eyes are also so used to dark themes my eyes do hurt after a while, they are still adjusting though.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Dark theme and images turned off in Chrome make the site look work related and I can browse freely without worry so I'll stick with that.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I never used a dark theme, but I find that I'm having trouble adjusting to this forum from a visual standpoint. Is the mobile version getting any updates...I'd love for the text to be bigger and to have the ability to turn images off just for the mobile site.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Absolutely need a dark theme.

I hate any website with a white background, it's just too bright and blinding.

Fortunately I'm just using one of the many user-made Stylus themes.

Volcane

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A dark theme can't come soon enough for me. This one's too white and garish.

Last edited:

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I've always found dark themes uncomfortable to look at: the brightness of the letters on the dark background feels much more intense to me than dark letters on a white page; even when viewing in a pitch black room. I use mobile for everything. Anyone know why my eyes are opposite eyes? I'm not Mr. Negative or anything.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the site looks nice as is, but I still need a dark theme for my eyes. no matter what the purple has to stay though.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
I like the bright scheme here more than the last place, but my eyes are begging to be hooked up with that dark theme, please.