• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guipradi

Nov 29, 2017
Ispagnia
Not anymore. Gave 2 copies to friends of mine. I just wanted to support Bethesda for bringing these great games to the Switch.
That's... actually cool. As long as you have the money to do it and you feel cool doing it that's nice. I ended up buying 4 copies od Skullgirls to give to my friends to play. It was 8 dollars at the sales so that's nice.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff. As a collector, myself, I would have kept one of the Doom copies unopened. But giving them away was a pretty cool gesture.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
probably shouldnt buy multiple copies of games, that would drop the spending by about 120$ per release at MSRP
buying one copy is supporting the developer

if KH3 came out right now i would buy like the collectors edition and maybe a standard if the box was different or if there was a steelbook difference or something, and thats my most anticipated title of all time

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
"someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying"

"Don't buy three copies of Doom."

"No."

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I already posted the Doom story. And I wanted Life is Strange 2 times because I don't open the other copy. It will be worth some money in a couple of years.
LiS will be worth money in a couple of years ?
Why would that be the case ? Also i wouldnt buy game for that reason...especially PS/XBX game never really up much in value because publishers ship so many units of these games. Add the fact that you can get it on every Steam sale for less than 5 bucks.

LiS is an amazing series though.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can relate, my Xbox game collection is getting close to a thousand different games, and that's only my most prolific console family. November was a big spender for me, since I paid for the Xbox One X that I pre-ordered in August (plus Forza 7 and AC: Origins) and finally pulled the trigger on the Switch (plus Mario Kart 8). It's my major hobby as far as spending goes, and while there are months I barely spend anything besides subscriptions or a couple digital smallies from some sale, there are times I end up spending a considerable percentage of my income on gaming alone. But hey, I don't drink much, don't go out too often, etc., so I can spend on something I guess, lol.

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
I'm limited to two games a month (at new full retail price) due to being an adult.

However that's still actually better than waiting for Christmas or birthdays as a child. I just find it hard picking what to buy each month, especially after stellar years like 2017 where it seemed there were great games released every month. I've only just got Resident Evil 7, and still to pick up Nier or
Nioh.

Plus I like to bump up the older games collections like GameCube titles or whatnot and I'm a sucker for physical games so also set about getting limited indie games I'm interested in (Broken Age arrived today, Retro City Rampage DX is on route).

Basically I think I answered correctly... I definitely spend way to much on games and it often impacts my social activity for the month till the next pay slip arrives. My wife and I are more than comfortable, we just give ourselves money each month to do as we wish with (social stuff, games, if birthdays come up presents for each other etc) but my "allowance" is usually gone within a few days of getting it due to buying games.

OP
OP
mavericktopgun
Oct 27, 2017
To be clear, the reason I buy some games 2 times is because I want some special ones unopened.
And as long as i have enough money, all is good ;)

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
That's my problem as well. From this year I'm spending 400 PLN (~120 USD) per quarter for video games. I haven't even finished some I bought in Q4 2017...

Oct 30, 2017
I know it's not my business and people should be free to spend money however the want.

But there is nothing wrong with the OP just as long as the OP is financially secure, owns a home and has some savings.

If the OP is living on rent or isn't as secure financially then I'd say well damn

Oct 25, 2017
More like Nintendo became commercially relevant so I found an additionally 80 hours to play games a year and buy multiple copies of the same game because Nintendo.

Their are other consoles and handheld games to play that aren't by Nintendo and have been for decades, you seriously just now found the time to use a portable?

OP
OP
mavericktopgun
Oct 27, 2017
LiS will be worth money in a couple of years ?
Why would that be the case ? Also i wouldnt buy game for that reason...especially PS/XBX game never really up much in value because publishers ship so many units of these games. Add the fact that you can get it on every Steam sale for less than 5 bucks.

LiS is an amazing series though.
These are the Collector Editions of LiS with Soundtrack and other stuff.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the attitudes in here towards buying multiple copies seems overly negative. Some people like to collect. Granted, the title of the thread should probably be worded differently.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Thought it was going to be an interesting thread about buying addictions but it's just another "thanks Nintendo for helping rediscover gaming."

I've become price sensitive now compared to when I'd spend money on full priced games.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
So uhm, Nintendo, if you want to sell 4 sets of Robo toy-con to a single person, make this happen.

ym6ym22saua01.gif

Nice collection you got there by the way.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
That picture looks delicious although 3X Doom seems a little overkill for me lol. Anyway, yeah the Switch is a perfect device for people that have busy schedules and not so much time on their hands. I usually play mine at work with colleagues (FIFA, Street Fighter) or an hour in bed before going to sleep. In the weekends I get a little TV time and dock it. Its also fun to play bed co op with my wife. 40 hours on overcooked and we 3 starred everything. Now I can't wait for Kirby, which is a franchise I never play or am interested in, but the co op aspect just makes it the perfect game to play with my wife.

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For just a very brief moment I thought that there was a FF XII Switch version. Goddamn....

Also, seeing Street Fighter...do you plan on buying the 30th Anniversary Collection?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know someone who bought three copies of The Witcher 3 (two being collector's editions) just to "support the company" and the idea of actively feeding corporations money like that will never not boggle my mind.

I'm sorry, bruv. It just seems silly to me.

OP
OP
mavericktopgun
Oct 27, 2017
Right, but only 3 copies ain't gonna help though.

(Next time when you're feeling generous, donate money to some greater cause, like a charity instead of companies, just my two cents.)
The world will never be a better place if you think one human being can't make a difference.
And btw, I give money to charity (animal shelters too).
I just love animals, games, life and (good) people.

Oct 30, 2017
This OP as a whole is weird. It has everything. Humble brag, underlying cry for help, corporate fanboyism.

Buying three copies of Doom is a way bigger expense for you than it is a gain for Bethesda. I doubt they even notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.