• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Kind of piggybacking on the news a few days ago that Assange's lawyers, in his extradition hearing, accused former congressman Dana Rohrabacher of visiting him and dangling a Trump pardon in exchange for proof Russia didn't hack the DNC, in 2017.

This morning in court, Assange's lawyers accused the Trump admin of trying to extort Assange both during and after he refused the offer, threatening and pursuing his eventual arrest. (The Obama admin had determined there was nothing worthwhile to charge Assange with in the early 2010s). Assange's lawyers are making the argument that his extradition is entirely political.

Tonight, it was revealed to politico that Assange's legal team will release evidence that Rich Grunell, the ambassador to Germany and newly announced acting Director of National Intelligence, was intimately involved in a plot to push Ecuador to have Assange moved stateside between fall 2018 and fall 2019. (No I didn't make any of that up)

This info is coming out because one of Grenell's close friends Arthur Schwartz (who should not be privy to classified info) spilled his guts to internet personality and so-called journalist Cassandra Fairbanks, who happens to be close friends with Assange and recorded their conversations:

politico said:
The screenshots and phone calls span from October 2018 to September 2019. In them, Schwartz tells Fairbanks that Grenell was "taking orders from the president" when he got involved in facilitating Assange's arrest and urges her not to disclose what she's been told about Grenell's role in the process.

But Schwartz appeared to grow frustrated and fearful after Fairbanks tweeted, on Sept. 10, 2019, that Grenell "was the one who worked out the deal for Julian Assange's arrest."

"I don't want to go to jail," Schwartz told Fairbanks in a September 2019 phone call, accusing her of posting "classified information" in the tweet. Fairbanks posted the tweet around the time Grenell's name was being floated to replace John Bolton as Trump's national security adviser.

"Please. I'm begging you," Schwartz says in the recording. "They look at you, they see that we speak, that's bad."

Idiot.

It would appear that president Starscream is making an offical stab-in-the-back attempt on the organization that helped him immensely in 2016, largely because they wouldn't aid in the further coverup. Assange, being a once-useful idiot, is dumping this all out now in a desperate attempt to save his skin.

Youhatetoseeit.gif if old.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Not so surprising from the Mueller report.

But I'm not sure how this rocks the boat when Trump's already been impeached. Which is really hopeless of me to say - I do hope something comes of this.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Oh good, we're to the point where stans get to get quantum about how their people are both lying and telling the truth to dodge legal damnation.

And getting Mrs. Horseshoe who knows both Assange AND Stone caps it off nicely. Glad her name is coming up again for the first time since GOP shitflingers kept bringing up her name in the Impeachment hearings in the House.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Assange's plan circa January 2016:

1) Torpedo Clinton presidency
2) Discredit competent NATO intelligence personnel
3) Allow fascists to rise to power
4) ????
5) Profit

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Assange's plan circa January 2016:

1) Torpedo Clinton presidency
2) Discredit competent NATO intelligence personnel
3) Allow fascists to rise to power
4) ????
5) Profit
I'm only laughing cause of the absurdity and total predictability of trumps backstabbing.
Oh and president Starscream. That's good. I hadn't heard that one before

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
So does this mean Trump is now an enemy to Assange? If so that's huge, Assange must have so much fucking info on this stuff. If he turns he could change everything, right?

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
It's just so weird that lining up with Trump would end up getting you fucked over. I mean with only the decades and decades of solid irrefutable evidence that exactly this happens to anybody who chums up with Trump, who could have guessed???

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So does this mean Trump is now an enemy to Assange? If so that's huge, Assange must have so much fucking info on this stuff. If he turns he could change everything, right?

Betraying Russian intelligence is an entirely different ballgame than betraying Trump.

Wikileaks is still maintaining that Russia had nothing to do with 2016. Probably because if it's ever revealed that they're just another arm of Russian propaganda, they cease being useful as an "independent" news source.

I imagine if Assange gets desperate he will throw Roger Stone all the way under the bus, making Trump's pardon that much more politically divisive.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
is this grounds for impeachment?

He'd have to be moved to the US to testify in an impeachment hearing, it's a non-starter, the DoJ would never grant him immunity for his testimony.

Grenell should obviously be removed immediately, but lol the Senate.

Assange could make this all go away by revealing Wiki's email source and his links to the Trump admin in 2016 but he still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room as he's blindfolded and headed to the chopping block.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
"I never thought he would eat MY face", sobs man who helped win the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party leader.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I honestly don't think Assange will do a damn thing to try and harm Trumps re-election. he probably think everything will be ok between them

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Dear WikiLeaks,

We know you have it. Release the pee pee tape.

Sincerely,
America

---

In all seriousness, I'm sure they have shit on Trump given how insecure everything is around him.