• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

The film tells about ex-spouses Tonya Harding and Jeff Gilooly, who hired a man to break the leg of Harding's competitor Nancy Kerrigan at the National Figure Skating Championship in 1994, which led to the end of Harding's career in figure skating.
Looks insanely funny but gaddamn, they did the real Tonya wrong by making Margot look demented.
bA70QfH.png
sabu.png

*Please close if this has been posted already, did a search but didn't find any topics about it.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I guess the character of Tonya Harding has similarities to Harley Quinn, so it is good practice for Margot Robbie.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Margot Robbie literally didn't know Tonya Harding was a real person when she signed on to do this film

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Margot Robbie literally didn't know Tonya Harding was a real person when she signed on to do this film

I'm pretty certain this film is going to reintroduce Tonya Harding to a whole new generation who were either too young or not even born to know about her and the infamous Nancy Kerrigan incident and fallout.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like it sidesteps the formulaic drabness that constitutes the majority of 'Biopics'. It looks pretty damn good.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder neck fat they gave her in the older scenes is a prosthetic. That looks amazing.

OP
OP
shadow_shogun

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun. It's good they're leaning into how crazy the whole thing was.

Why is that strange? She's fairly young and not from the USA.
She 3 years younger than me so I can understand her not knowing who Harding is in that regard, but that incident made international news to where it was talked about in Nigeria.

Farsi

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the trailer a lot but all I see is Margot Robbie acting crazy. Super excited for Allison Janney tho.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
She didn't personally perpetrate the attack, so no idea what that smash cut showing a skater beating someone might be. Hopefully they at least get basic shit like that right.

I'm assuming it's going to be like the scene with the shotgun where she literally turns to the camera and says "I never did this"