• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Judge Eyes Trump Administration Trailer (PS4/Switch)

Xbox was robbed

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
All the Reddit data is extracted from BigQuery, with maybe a few data range tweaks depending on what I'm doing.

Example:
SQL:
#standardSQL
SELECT
title
FROM (
SELECT
REGEXP_REPLACE(title, '&', '&') as title,
score
FROM
`fh-bigquery.reddit_posts.*`
WHERE
(_TABLE_SUFFIX BETWEEN "2016_01" AND "2018_10")
AND LOWER(subreddit) IN ('legaladvice')
AND score >= 5
AND LENGTH(title) >= 20
)
ORDER BY score DESC

(TIL Resetera has code embedding)

My MPB CPU finally completed its training and generation! Too bad I have a GTX 770 and nothing newer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBas...trained_an_ai_on_a_years_worth_of_this_subs/?

My biggest struggles in getting this running was getting Python to work. Holy shit Python dependencies were such a mess on my MPB.

OP
OP
May 9, 2018
My MPB CPU finally completed its training and generation! Too bad I have a GTX 770 and nothing newer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBas...trained_an_ai_on_a_years_worth_of_this_subs/?

My biggest struggles in getting this running was getting Python to work. Holy shit Python dependencies were such a mess on my MPB.
Looks like the mods of that subreddit removed it. (some subreddits are like that, which is why I don't unilaterally post them to the subreddits).

On macOS, it should be the easiest to set up the Python dependencies. You may want to look into Homebrew for Python 3 (which includes pip), then pip install the rest.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Looks like the mods of that subreddit removed it. (some subreddits are like that, which is why I don't unilaterally post them to the subreddits).

On macOS, it should be the easiest to set up the Python dependencies. You may want to look into Homebrew for Python 3 (which includes pip), then pip install the rest.

Sigh. That subreddit's mods are really moody at times. They're super strict during times where games are going on. I'll pm one of the mods.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a pattern that could be fun: predict comment counts from titles and then suggest slight improvements to existing titles to have them look more like high-scoring titles, deepdream-style.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

Turned out i was using a banned site to host the file. It was autoremoved as a result.

I deleted the old thread and recreated it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBas...ined_an_ai_on_a_years_worth_of_thread_titles/

Btw, your library is super intuitive and easy to use!

Last edited: