• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-Excited for sexual soundtrack is a success of the GOAT?

What.

-[RUMOR] Super Smash Bros Ultimate Gold games with PC games again?

giphy.gif

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Not surprising if true lmao

The switch port begging is stilll not under control lmao

It's kind of ridiculous too because no other platform is consistently port begging so constantly

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Christ, imagine getting upset over something as silly as this thread.
Imagine telling people they should read the OP and after you did so yourself you realized I'm right and had to resort to basically "lol u mad?" instead. I'm not upset either.
The OP is full of genuinely hilarious stuff but to pretend they are representative of some sort of Switch port begging epedemic when most of the generated titles just aren't serves no purpose but console warring.
There's having fun with the generated titles and then there's fun with making some console wars shit up. I'd rather do the former, but that's me.
What kind of fun?
The fun of genuienly hilarious generated thread titles or the fun of pretending Switch port begging is some sort of epedemic when that shit hasn't been the case for how long now?
I'm all for the former. The latter is obnoxious, and sadly the OP went with the latter for some reason.

It's kind of ridiculous too because no other platform is consistently port begging so constantly
Please show me some examples of recent port begging. I'm waiting.
You won't find much. Because it catches you a warning.

Last edited:

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Your unholy technology underlined a problem I had for a very long time with boards like these, you have to sift through endless waves of hype and best-of titles to find something interesting!

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
What kind of fun?
The fun of genuienly hilarious generated thread titles or the fun of pretending Switch port begging is some sort of epedemic when that shit hasn't been the case for how long now?
I'm all for the former. The latter is obnoxious, and sadly the OP went with the latter for some reason.
Jesus dude. Lighten up a bit. It's just a harmless funny thread with a harmless title.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus dude. Lighten up a bit. It's just a harmless funny thread with a harmless title.
I had some real good laughs reading the OP and some posts. Then I read the amount of people just going "yeah Switch port begging is still rampant" and it just turned me off. When console warriors take this as an opportunity to make up some boogeyman again I just get annoyed, that's all really. If that's the definition of fun for those people so be it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great idea man, some really funny stuff there.

Also I'm liking how many people ITT are whinging about this little funny thing as if it's concrete evidence of problems or something.

Deleted member 24097

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I work on developing AI text-generating software, so I figured I'd try it on almost all ResetEra Video Games section post titles and generate some new ones to see what happens.

Should Of Generator said:
I want to play Dark Souls Remastered?
What is the best game design
Do you think Shin Megami Tensei V is a real Life
Is there any Rocket League Spoiler Thread

The poor machine ended up completely clueless as to how to use a question mark.
This absolutely checks out!

This is sad.

In all seriousness, the results are really amusing. If it's not too time consuming, could you try it with EtcetEra, as others have suggested?
And then as an added bonus, try with the old forum!

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I had some real good laughs reading the OP and some posts. Then I read the amount of people just going "yeah Switch port begging is still rampant" and it just turned me off. When console warriors take this as an opportunity to make up some boogeyman again I just get annoyed, that's all really. If that's the definition of fun for those people so be it.

You are perfect for the switch..

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You are perfect for the switch..
I don't mind the perfect for Switch meme at all.
What I mind are console warriors like these:
Checks out,

This forum is rampant with Switch port begging
Sounds about right. Place is obsessed with the Switch. Almost every thread turns into port begging.
So much Switch port begging, not really surprised.

Like, where does this shit happen except in their mind? "Almost every thread turns into port begging"?
Just lol. These guys read the thread title and went with it. Because if they had actually read the OP they'd realize it's not really the case.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I guess I can kinda understand your frustration. But don't let it ruin the thread for you.

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine telling people they should read the OP and after you did so yourself you realized I'm right and had to resort to basically "lol u mad?" instead. I'm not upset either.
The OP is full of genuinely hilarious stuff but to pretend they are representative of some sort of Switch port begging epedemic when most of the generated titles just aren't serves no purpose but console warring.
There's having fun with the generated titles and then there's fun with making some console wars shit up. I'd rather do the former, but that's me.

What kind of fun?

it still happens

https://www.resetera.com/threads/af...e-veronica-or-re-3.82413/page-3#post-15246820

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

What kind of fun?

Wow, this is a very touchy subject for you eh?

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
So, I was wondering what were the most used words by the AI.

So, by combining both pastebins (7000 titles created), you find the following :
-"switch" is the 8th most used word, behind "the", "a", "of", "to", "is", "in" and "and".
-"Game" is 9th
-"PS4" is 14th, "Xbox" 26th. but, combined with "xb1" it would be 22nd. PS4 combined with "playstation" wouldn't change its place.
-"nintendo" is also 21st, with "sony" being 85th and "microsoft" 217th.
-"E3" is 87th

Now onto games:

-"mario" is 35th (the mario series, most likely linked to mario tennis, mario kart and mario odyssey)
-"fantasy" is 97th, that seems high, but I can't think of anything other than Final Fantasy using the word. And with the various "ffVII", "FFX", "FFXIV" and other, it would be around 92nd place.
-"pokémon" is 243rd and "pokemon" is 176th, combined, they would be 101st.
-"souls" is 131st (caused by the dark souls remastered, but also by the rest of the series)
-"hearts" is 133rd (Kingdom Hearts)
-"redemption" is 158th, "rdr" and "rdr2" are negligeable, but combined, they would push it around 149th place
-"smash" is 152nd (Super Smash Bros Ultimate)
-"spider" is 160th, if we added "spiderman", it would be around 155th.
-"creed" is 164th (assassin's creed)
-"battlefield" is 171st
-"zelda" is 200th, with "botw" it would be 174th (Breath of the Wild, but also for speculations on the next game)
-"fortnite" is 195th
-"god" is 204th (God Of War)
-"hunter" is 247th (monster hunter world)
-"raider" is 273rd (Shadow of the Tomb Raider)
-"Halo" is 330th
-"metroid" is 334th
-"thieves" is 411th (Sea of Thieves)
-"fallout" is 455th
-"splatoon" is 460th
-"octopath" is 461st (octopath traveller)
-"bloodborne" is 565th

"Resetera" is 456th, "Era" is 290th !