• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine telling people they should read the OP and after you did so yourself you realized I'm right and had to resort to basically "lol u mad?" instead. I'm not upset either.
The OP is full of genuinely hilarious stuff but to pretend they are representative of some sort of Switch port begging epedemic when most of the generated titles just aren't serves no purpose but console warring.
There's having fun with the generated titles and then there's fun with making some console wars shit up. I'd rather do the former, but that's me.

What kind of fun?
The fun of genuienly hilarious generated thread titles or the fun of pretending Switch port begging is some sort of epedemic when that shit hasn't been the case for how long now?
I'm all for the former. The latter is obnoxious, and sadly the OP went with the latter for some reason.

Please show me some examples of recent port begging. I'm waiting.
You won't find much. Because it catches you a warning.
Yeah, you're definitely not upset.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So, I was wondering what were the most used words by the AI.

So, by combining both pastebins (7000 titles created), you find the following :
-"switch" is the 8th most used word, behind "the", "a", "of", "to", "is", "in" and "and".
-"Game" is 9th
-"PS4" is 14th, "Xbox" 26th. but, combined with "xb1" it would be 22nd. PS4 combined with "playstation" wouldn't change its place.
-"nintendo" is also 21st, with "sony" being 85th and "microsoft" 217th.
-"E3" is 87th

Now onto games:

-"mario" is 35th (the mario series, most likely linked to mario tennis, mario kart and mario odyssey)
-"fantasy" is 97th, that seems high, but I can't think of anything other than Final Fantasy using the word. And with the various "ffVII", "FFX", "FFXIV" and other, it would be around 92nd place.
-"pokémon" is 243rd and "pokemon" is 176th, combined, they would be 101st.
-"souls" is 131st (caused by the dark souls remastered, but also by the rest of the series)
-"hearts" is 133rd (Kingdom Hearts)
-"redemption" is 158th, "rdr" and "rdr2" are negligeable, but combined, they would push it around 149th place
-"smash" is 152nd (Super Smash Bros Ultimate)
-"spider" is 160th, if we added "spiderman", it would be around 155th.
-"creed" is 164th (assassin's creed)
-"battlefield" is 171st
-"zelda" is 200th, with "botw" it would be 174th (Breath of the Wild, but also for speculations on the next game)
-"fortnite" is 195th
-"god" is 204th (God Of War)
-"hunter" is 247th (monster hunter world)
-"raider" is 273rd (Shadow of the Tomb Raider)
-"Halo" is 330th
-"metroid" is 334th
-"thieves" is 411th (Sea of Thieves)
-"fallout" is 455th
-"splatoon" is 460th
-"octopath" is 461st (octopath traveller)
-"bloodborne" is 565th

"Resetera" is 456th, "Era" is 290th !

Microsoft fans complaining about Era bias are validated??

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, please help. After reading this thread when I scroll the forum's home page I keep thinking every thread was in fact created by OP's AI

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This AI is the best thing that happened to the forum. We need to turn it into the new Inspirobot and have it randomly post here.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, you're definitely not upset.
"There aren't actually that many Switch port begging generated titles"
"Did you read the OP?"
"Yes, there aren't. Can you show me where they are?"
"....lul u mad"
"Really? That's the route you go down?"
"lul u mad"

Stay classy.

Last edited:

Destonym

Oct 27, 2017
Some titles I liked from the first two pastbins

Has anyone else feel like this thread
Why is the Switch on Kickstarter
Polygon: New God of War is dead and discount and more
Michael Pachter - Announcement Trailer
I want to buy a reviewers
Bloodborn Trilogy Review (Spoiler Fans )
Forza Motorsport 7st - Canada will be announced a platform
What happened to Spider-Man PS4 for Switch
LTTP: Quantic Dream Damaged Battle Royale gameplay her for me, reset over 11 million sold in Mario Manota
Nintendo confirms Nintendo releasing on Steam
Capcom announces NSFW world now.
Video games that are Forza Horizon 4?
The Nintendo Switch Review thread (PS4/Vita/Switch)
Playstation All Stars - Xbox One Edition - Released on Steam (2019)
LTTP: Super Mario Odyssey (YouTuber)
Forza Horizon 4 - Former Google Map
Digital Foundry - Read Online Helped Me Revealed (Podcase)
Media Molecule's Cut Over Notes
[EU] PSN weekend for all problems
LTTP: Yakuza 6 is the Family Games Announcement Trailer
Forza Horizon 4 - Former Google Map
What happened to Switch (PS4, Switch and PS4/Vita)

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance you could do this for Etc? I think the results would be interesting.

Edit: oops, saw your edit!

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Maybe i'm not understanding this well but if this is created using Era threads as model isn't this more showing that a lot of threads are annoucing stuff for Switch more than port begging?
Reading the titles in the Op it looks to me that the majority are annoucing games, not asking for games?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe i'm not understanding this well but if this is created using Era threads as model isn't this more showing that a lot of threads are annoucing stuff for Switch more than port begging?
Reading the titles in the Op it looks to me that the majority are annoucing games, not asking for games?

yes. people find it funny that the title-generator cranked out so much discussion of impossible switch games because the switch port begging has been over-the-top at times on the forum itself. it's reading more into it due to context. that's all.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
How does nintendo gets away with amiibo that much in smash ultimate?

2019: the year you'll switch to Switch?

The newest Super Mario Odyssey capture is Cristiano Ronaldo

Smash Ultimate is out in the wild, hide ya kids for WoL SPOILERS

Those are some of my favourites!
Holy shit this is more funny than fantasy LMAO

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
(Switch) coming to Nintendo Switch (December 2018 | Spoilers)
Digital Foundry: Forza Horizon 4 coming to Switch on August 13
The NES Classic on Nintendo Switch
PSA: Switch is coming to Switch

Last edited:

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I believe many of the AI-generated Switch thread titles are based not only on port begging threads but also on the constant stream of actually announced titles for Switch.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo just started a real video game this year
Finally Nintendo decides to create a video game using its beloved characters. It's about time, honestly.

Optional rest in early 2019
As long as it's optional and I don't have to stop playing games.

PS4 Pro is one of the most insane project on Xbox One - Chrono Trigger Designer for E3 2018 (and Zelda, Yet Divinity)
Yeah, this probably would require an act of god.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
" Capcom announces teaser trailer" is something even Kojima would be proud of, beautiful.

We all know Square Enix would trump both of them with something along the lines of: "Release date for Kojima announcing date of Capcom's announcement of a teaser trailer......for Final Fantasy VII Remake update."

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else like the biggest buttons?

The biggest buttons I ever used was on the deluxe version of Street Fighter 1. Instead of the normal SF buttons, it had two giant pads which returned a strength value based on how hard you hit them, which corresponded to the usual light/medium/heavy attacks. So you were smashing these things with your fist while trying to do joystick inputs at the same time.

I did not like the biggest buttons. I'm not sure how that arcade cab ever got approved.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.

I guess I'm trying to understand why this is so amusing to you all. When I read the titles they just sound like mangled garbage. It reads like a non native English speaker trying to communicate in... English. It doesn't make any sense and isn't funny.

Just look at this:

Nintendo Is Bad Project

That looks like it was put through Google translate. That's garbage. Absolute. Trash. And some of you are crying laughing at these? Really? How?

Yes I'm aware everyone has their own opinions on what is funny. I just don't think people should think THIS is funny. It should be illegal to think this is entertaining. Yes, I am typing all of this (on mobile). Yes, you just read my whole opinion. Yes, I also like fallout.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.

I guess I'm trying to understand why this is so amusing to you all. When I read the titles they just sound like mangled garbage. It reads like a non native English speaker trying to communicate in... English. It doesn't make any sense and isn't funny.

Just look at this:

That looks like it was put through Google translate. That's garbage. Absolute. Trash. And some of you are crying laughing at these? Really? How?

Yes I'm aware everyone has their own opinions on what is funny. I just don't think people should think THIS is funny. It should be illegal to think this is entertaining. Yes, I am typing all of this (on mobile). Yes, you just read my whole opinion. Yes, I also like fallout.

You vex me. :P

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm.

Just look at this:

subverting expectations cracks people up. that still works with non-functional language-like snippets of text.

people also cracked up for badly-mangled machine translations when they were novel, or find the mistakes that non-native speakers of their languages make to be funny and endearing. Give markov chain-created comment collections a little longer, and people will be jaded to it, and these things will stop getting attention online.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Hmm.

Just look at this:

Your humor meter is probably broken beyond repair, man.

OP
OP
May 9, 2018
Humor is highly subjective. Even while compiling the initial lists, I didn't laugh-out-loud much, which made the process an interesting editorial challenge. (I took the feedback with what people liked into subsequent lists, though.)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm.

Just look at this:

Is it just me? (READ OP)

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.

Just look at this:

Guess I've been playing too much House in Fata Morgana lately, because for some reason I read this post as if it were being said or thought by a character in that game.