• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
THE LAST OF US: PART II
"It is the first part of the trilogy, a sequel to the first game, that is also the first part of the trilogy, the sequel."
This is some Battleborn description shit.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Fularu: The cat is a piece of shit that will be more than happy to pilot you to a new world.

----

Deleted member 1378: What a pathetic attempt to bring people together

I can't fucking breathe lol

Last edited:

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
"L.O.R.D: They already did."

"L.O.R.D: Kirby"

well, fuck
this is really something i actually say, lol.

Mar 19, 2019
Ya can enjoy them still. I laughed at some things myself. Just keep in mind that when "performing" in social environment, people are prone to embelishment.
quote-it-is-dangerous-to-let-the-public-behind-the-scenes-they-are-easily-disillusioned-and-w-somerset-maugham-53-89-21.jpg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I just can't.

This part utterly slayed me:
The game was so good, I just didn't feel like it was going to ever happen. The ending was so empty. It felt like I was playing a video game.

Imma go aheda and be a skeptic here. Not that these are all fake, but I think apart from being heavily curated from probably dozens of boring or incoherent in a non funny way ones, those of these that seem to land a joke wayy too perfectly to be true, are just that... too perfect to be true. I suspect few ones that were just "dang so close to a joke" got slightly tweaked by OP

You think the OP manually curated and tweaked over 1200 individual conversations.
Really.
The OP even admitted the sudden repetitions are a failure mode of the system, and they didn't leave out even those (which I'm grateful for, as they're the best).

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
You think the OP manually curated and tweaked over 1200 individual conversations.
Really.
The OP even admitted the sudden repetitions are a failure mode of the system, and they didn't leave out even those (which I'm grateful for, as they're the best).

No, I think he read some of them, went "dang, that's so close to a joke" and tweaked them.

Like, for example, I do not believe the Super meat boy 1-59 joke was generated by machine. I think it spewed gibberish list and OP was like "would be funnier if it was just super meat boy".

Majority are believeable enough.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
No, I think he read some of them, went "dang, that's so close to a joke" and tweaked them.

You make absolutely zero sense. The conversation posted by other users (which are often the best) are not in the OP. You honestly believe the OP tweaked some of them, then rather than put them in the OP, left them buried in the megadump for others to find them?

It makes even less sense when simply looking through the dumps and seeing that pretty much every conversation is hilarious. Have you even done this before throwing accusations of dishonesty?

Like, for example, I do not believe the Super meat boy 1-59 joke was generated by machine. I think it spewed gibberish list and OP was like "would be funnier if it was just super meat boy".

Majority are believeable enough.

I cannot fathom the mindset of believing someone to be dishonest as the most likely explanation to some random outputs being somewhat funnier than others.

Model 2.0
OP
OP
May 9, 2018
UPDATE: my GPT-2 wrapper is now open source!

I have successfully updated my workflow and retrained the Gaming model such that it has received 9x the training as the first iteration did. I've uploaded the newly generated dumps (200x10) to GitHub. (click on the "Raw" button in the toolbar for a dump to download the text file / allow text to wrap)

A few quick highlights which show the benefits of the additional training (namely, including concepts not explicitly mentioned in the text):

Will Nintendo Finally Tone Down The Racist Sexist Images In Their Switch Artwork?

Phantom Thief: SOURCE
This is kind of the first and only chance I have at ever seeing any kind of decent Nintendo Switch image in a Nintendo artwork. I am not saying they will be horrible, but it is kind of the first and only chance I have at most.
-----
vestan: nintendo art isn't that bad
-----
Parvaati: Yeah they need to tone down the racist stereotyping that pops into their games. I haven't bought the game because of it.
-----
jred250: I really hope the next Smash game is a Pokémon game.
-----
rude: I'm sure they'll see a lot of backlash because it's an early Punch Out screenshot. And then there'll be backlash because they've been at it for a century.
-----
Dardan Sandiego: I wonder what they'll actually use this game for.
-----
ZiggyPalffyLA: Do you think they'll use it for a Kirby game?
-----
Ryuelli: I don't care if it's in their games.
-----
Forkball: I would welcome them getting the hate for their lack of creativity even more.
-----
Mr-Joker: Yes, they do. I hope they don't use it for any worse.
-----

Have you ever gone head to head with a popular character?

Squiddo ᔦꙬᔨ: I don't think I couldve done this with any other thread but back in the day I was just trying to beat a guy with a duck for a meme.
So he had a cool moveset but when he cross jumpred his head in a fucking air guitar and a guitar song nothing came out of it for me.
I was like what the fuck?
Edit: You know?
I beat the guy with his air guitar.
-----
Squiddo ᔦꙬᔨ: I kinda wish I can do that with some other character I can use.
-----
Fat4all: i make stupid memes, cause that's what makes me cool,
i'm not cool, but cool
-----
KtotheRoc: I make fun of the hero's face.
-----
Squiddo ᔦꙬᔨ: I did that with Kratos.
-----
Fat4all: does that mean any of your characters are hot dudes
i'm not cool
-----
Squiddo ᔦꙬᔨ: My bad, that's cool.
I just need to add that SMT is a popular franchise and popular with fans, so I don't think I could handle the topic.
-----
Syril: I made a topic and got like 1000 likes. It's not even a contest.
-----
Squiddo ᔦꙬᔨ: Haha yeah sorry no fav characters out of the 1000.
-----

God of War's Cory Barlog on Death Stranding: "It will be a while's 'time to make those decisions'"

Strafer:
-----
vestan: I don't think this is really just a Cory Barlog tweet lol
-----
Savantcore: Hmmm.
-----
Strafer: well.
-----
JaeCryo: Hmmm.
-----
Couscous: He's not wrong.
-----
TatteredHat: Was that comment on the game its twitter post without context, or from the game's tweet?
-----
KoolAid: The "there's a whole other story" tweet is just an opinion.
-----
-JD-: This is the type of crap Twitter keeps pushing.
-----
Mifec: I'm not sure this is really a Cory Barlog tweet.
-----

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 has made $28.858m in its first 3 days

Nirolak: Activision reports that Black Ops 4 made a modest yet well deserved amount of money in its first 3 days.
Source:
-----
Razgriz417: how the hell is still alive
-----
spineduke: The game is alive and well.
-----
Fiel: the image is broken.
-----
Theorry: I have to see it vs the competition.
-----
Dark Ninja: So it's still selling? That's crazy.
-----
Nirolak: In this case, it is. They are still selling.
-----
Mondai: It's not.
-----
wwm0nkey: I know right
-----
Lackless: Inb4 someone goes "oh they have $28 million in Fortnite accounts?"
-----

World of Warcraft Classic (all future platforms) "Leaked"

Rodjer: This is the website for the ALL future platforms of WoW:
All future platforms of WoW:
What is interesting is, this is all the description of the entire game:
Rumored announcement at Blizzcon
Release date of the "World of Warcraft Classic" remaster announced
-----
KoolAid: So, what's the story of that?
-----
Svart: WoW Classic is like the most expensive hot dinner in the world to be, not what you'd expect.
-----
Rodjer: That's Shao Kahn.
-----
Baconmonk: WoW Classic is the most expensive hotdog in the world. It's not what you'd expect.
-----
Bishop89: WoW classic was announced back in August
Also that's the leak for the all-end-wars expansion
-----
HockeyGuy412: This looks pretty cool
-----
HockeyGuy412: This is not what i expected it to be
-----
zsynqx: Looks awesome! I'll be there day 1 for whatever Blizzard do.
-----
DrArchon: That's not WoW Classic. That's the next DLC character.
-----

Since the model is smarter I also generated texts (again 200x10) at a higher temperature to make the output even more crazy. Oh god.

I've killed over 7 e-sports 'unicorns' and am finally powerful and can challenge them for a virtual gold mine

Ge0force: I bought a Echo thing and entered into a fight with 23 other players online.
The match was about who is the best player in the world and can kill you in seconds. This happened about 1/2 time until three people noticed me and started shooting me because they were "hunting" me. The players who were hunting me stopped and I was standing there while other players entered and while I paused to charge my S. Each player only made 15 minutes or so of playing and I'm still not sure if I'm in trouble.
I've cleaned all of them and here's what I've found:
Players that are less consistent
Players that hate me
How do these guys like me play? It's not rocket science but they know when to support a weak player and then they will attack me in 3-5 minutes. I'm still not sure what's going on but in the end I seem to win at most games. Other e-sports know how to win.
-----
nynt9: Let's not reward cheating
-----

signal: trueAchievements
-----
Bizzquik: But memory is a bitch. Does time and patience indeed matter?
-----
pswii60: I played League of Legends for a few seasons more then that and fell off because of how he'd behave and behavior. I like the way they teach players how to safely level and Riot is clearly a blood money lender.
-----
Hyun Sai: I did that for Dota 2 years ago, had a good time with 95% of the e-sport stars being cheating and most of the new damage dealers/dodgiators being scammers.
-----
Aztechnology: It's true apparently and I even tried to stop them, to the point where I wasn't even all that confident I would even play at my peak because of it. I remember feeling even lower when I was done as I was top3 and pushing out other people. Lets hope a board member's ability to hear actual sound :)
-----
Cess007: Beggarsen says they are open to suggestions on how to continue to fight in Terrorist Hunt for Dota 2 online.
Assertion the other players should feel like kids now after they learned how to online

We have reached the darkest side of Rick and Morty and it's time to play along

theofficefan99: This game is fucking terrible. Sam has an apartment (at his parent's suggestion), whereas Morty is on a set of Junior Police. It really bothers me, I feel like the game is telling me that the tools is there and that I shouldn't be held accountable for everything I litterally witnessed. It makes me wanna drop the script and get on a Seg Evie Adeleine. I really wanna go back to the apartment and finish this, but the game just stops me-
Fuck this. How come this game has that problem of a game that is totally throwing people in prison? Why is it a NOPE and isn't a poignant experience? Does it wear so proudly. Like, you're really holding the game for being a NOOOMET, but you just run straight out into the real world and try not to be discovered.
This game is a major portion of what makes it NOPE through the expos
-----
Replicant: Haha that's pretty funny. Reminds me of the "Main Game" that was released on Steam a few years before.
-----
Svart: "You are not alone"
Ok.
-----
Razor Mom: Yeah, no it is not a truly fun game all things considered, even in the most hardcore moments of it. I hated the song, but the game might be more fun if it was in a movie or on a TV show setting.
-----
Village: Yeah I have been waiting for this one to get some attention.
I was so kinda interested in the game a few years back but they turned it into a fucking meme? :D
-----
Pyro: I seem to remember people having it as a joke to be honest. Sucks because it's my first time hearing it so yeah I'm interested.
-----
PSqueak: In the year 2011 those dad headed fans started posting shit review after shit review.
-----
Wintermute: at the same time lots of people found out the game wasn't great about one or two things:
the resident evil in which you are investigating a haunted room.
in 2017 the berserkers started spawning when a house on a big monster swamps.
and this

Demos that remind you of that game you played

Neiteio: (Got this sacrilegious idea from watching Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 speedruns. Got the exact thing. You know what the idea is?)
Tony Hawk '94
(Yes, that was that.)
Transform
(This was obvious. But still.)
Jet Set Radio
(Just straight up bollocks)
What were some other examples....
-----
Madao: Virtua Fighter
F2P aside, the entire existence of both Virtua Fighter and Galaga was by short coincon
-----
Dekuman: Eternal Darkness from the Dark Souls series. First encounter is a nice callback to the beginning, and the companions have locks on from the first boss.
-----
Continuum: The lesser versions of Mirror's Edge and Prey.
-----
mrmoose: Kenshi's Demon's Souls
-----
Syril: Some Naughty Dog games?
-----
Wesley-Σ: Not a lot but this pretty solidified my childhood putdowns on Xbox one just a few years back.
-----
DrArchon: I remember buying Donkey Kong Golf for PS2 (I thought it was cool) as a PS2 Games For My Nintendo! Exploring a colorful vertical golfing cart golf game about 8 men who are hunting the secret to playing as Bowser. It was the first time I had ever experienced a video game, and the feeling was jubilant.
-----
girgio11: i stopped playing the Nintendo library to Ace Attorney after one game ans I never beat them all. At least few xrd region games ever come close with tons of quality titles in each of them.
-----
JohnnyMoses: Legend of the Mystical Ninja for Gameboy.
Picked it up in a sale because it seemed to have a strong story that really interests me.
I mean Jesus, I was just playing it for 5 minutes when the controller vibration hit me as I casually blocked the beam with my exercise bike.
I love this game so damn much.
-----

Resident Evil 2 Has A Love Bug

Bobo Dakes: You can play Resident Evil 2 without touching the action section because you can run and jump and grapple onto the enemies it's supposed to
You can't explore the web because the spiders are hiding under the rubberband
-----
Son of Sparda: Lol if only Megan was the first person she thought this would happen.
...then maybe the enemies would just have attacks instead of be eggs.
-----
Weltall Zero: Was trying to propose to a mate at the time.
However, the outcomes were identical.
" Both my boyfriend and I have a lovecraft lol!"
-----
Bvaser: I love the method of selecting food and whatnot with the left joystick. Haven't played a way with it in the 3d department, but they have a fundamental concept of moving as well. It's cool to see it in action and I'm glad they continue to stick with it.
-----
Svart: I've tried numerous times to give them a replay, but fails, at the same time. Maybe when there is a sale ;)
I do hope for rerelease to happen, even though I hope it will probably never happen.
:(
-----
Rockman ZX: No Harry things?
-----
Punished Dan: I want this game back.
-----
tuxfool: Did you miss the Epic games release?
-----
blu3logg: I was shocked that I didn't notice that the spiders in the webcam would fly up from the floor.
-----
DominicanGlory: Let me replay Prey demo soon.. I think this needs to be finished better
-----

Thinking of selling my Nintendo Switch

Kylo Rey: I have over 40 games that i have owned on ps4 and xb1 and switch.
It sounds like i want to play these games but i am empty heady and if i sell them i should be sold before the 35 day limit without any negative points after owning such games
Is be a smart move to sell your current 360 game collection to someone?
Wish list is in the hundreds.
Would be a good idea to get rid of Demon Souls and Stein's Gate?
Anything else i should know?
-----
Phantom Thief: There is absolutely no refund policy
-----
Bundy: Dangit.
-----
ASleepingMonkey: .
-----
Meelow: This but it is a good reason to keep your console if you want out.
My advice? Sell it. Get rid of your dumb fault.
-----
Kouriozan: How's Nintendo Switch less expensive tho?
-----
Cess007: Buy more power
-----
Absoludacrous: Well, if you can't afford more than that, get rid of the system. Buy anything you normally do already.
-----
Dougieflesh: Get a good pc. I had an Xbox 360 but was never able to settle in for a few months. The red one was big back then, but a bit of an upgrade. I would consider doing a redone slim all over again.
-----

Games that look like McDonalds and Homer Simpson

DocSeuss: So, anybody remember these angry kids who were bullying their elementary school cafeteria?
Spoiler
Then Nintendo and their overreach to basic basic humanity.
-----
Phantom Thief: That's a hilarious thought!
-----
Cartridge Games: Don't just ban everything, they can't "ban everything".
Coulda been so dumb if they'd think
-----
WadeTurns: Licking my hot-tack coffee can't even be considered a compliment.
-----

Oreiller: That's how school is supposed to be for children in trouble.
-----
Sir Guts: Tapping the ol' Dev's Boon asses for stuff is "respectful" at best. I'm not gonna be the only one who thinks these peeps feed the Warrior," I remember reading the first time I heard the words toxic.
-----

Mickagau: I am sure the kids are all eager to get fuck kicked but I dont feel any sympathy. They should be the ones actually taking this seriously and doing whatever it takes to ensure their punishment.
-----

Good news is I'm almost done with the EtCetera model training and should have something similar up this afternoon!

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
DrArchon: I remember buying Donkey Kong Golf for PS2 (I thought it was cool) as a PS2 Games For My Nintendo! Exploring a colorful vertical golfing cart golf game about 8 men who are hunting the secret to playing as Bowser. It was the first time I had ever experienced a video game, and the feeling was jubilant.

Sounds fun!

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
TheBaldwin has some pretty uh, weird ideas about RE

~!~What do you want out of the next RE2?

ToddBonzalez: I'm just in a self-imposed crisis this time. I've barely made it past the first place in RE5 and RE6, but I'd like to see them improve on what RE2 did in some of the areas they touched on.
I don't want anything to do with Nemesis, but I would like to see him become more of a rival to Leon, who had already been a rival to RE2 for a long time. Nemesis is definitely the perfect contrast to Leon; I just don't know if I want to see him as the "RE4 protag" or someone much more seasoned in RE6.
-----
SirKai: I want a Grizzco.
-----
GavinUK86: Make it the RE4 Remake.
-----
Zombie Fred: A Grizzco.
-----
Weiss: Took a lot of inspiration from the old REs and no one comes close to the original.
RE3 should absolutely be a remake of the first two games with the Nemesis system and it should feature a Grizzco character.
-----
Bishop89: A new entry would be a direct sequel to RE4 so I'm there.
-----
TheBaldwin: Never.
Resident evil is the black sheep of the franchise, but a critically acclaim remake is the way forward.
RE3 should be a spin off, but not necessarily the next entry
RE4 should have a full on remake with the original RE3 engine, gameplay reboots, new weapons
-----
Indelible: RE3 should be a remake of the first two REs with the Nemesis system and a full on remake of the first two titles.
-----
Dullahan: I want Grizzco to make another RE game.
-----

Bman94 thinks 2018 is the worst

~!~What are the worst games of 2018?

Bman94: 2018 has the worst games I remember. So let's take a look at the ones that are actually good.

1. Resident Evil 7 I remember this game being pretty bad and it's one of the best Survival Horror games and the only Resident Evil game I've played. I even remember the enemy placement and the forced tank controls. It was also really hard and really frustrating to play.

2. Vanquish Ok, this is a PS4 exclusive. It's not a bad game by any means but it's not the worst Resident Evil game. I know this is PC only and it's not coming to consoles. I know this game is PC only. I think this is the first PS4 exclusive. That's not bad.

3. God of War Everybody loved this game and everyone was like "this is the best uncharted game period". Sony Santa Monica is like the best non-mobile studio because of this game. It's like a Sony product. The game is actually very difficult because you have to wall off the main character by taking two of his attacks and by using grenades. The game is actually really hard. The game was released very late in the last generation.

4. Far Cry 5 Far Cry 5 is one of the few games that I didn't finish and I just wanted to finish it. I finally did that and it was a boring game. But I finished it last week and I really liked it. The setting and the story were really interesting and the gameplay was fun. But the most annoying thing was the enemies. One of the main antagonists was really bad. But the main villain was really great. Who is the main villain? I like him because he's a dad and he really wants his daughter to come back and help him in his fight against the evil brother. But I really hate the enemies. And some of them are just really annoying like the pistols.

5. Red Dead Redemption 2 I actually played this game so many times that I memorized the map and drove around and did all the side activities I wanted to do. But I just couldn't do it again.

6. God of War I am not a huge fan of this game personally. I love the story and the world but I just couldn't get into it. I have the most fun playing a game than playing one.

7. Just Cause 2

Last edited:

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Why are gamers so shitty?

~!~Why are gamers so shitty?

zombipuppy: If you don't like something, you don't like it. We all have opinions and that means there's a lot to take seriously and not just what we like.
This is a not so subtle phenomenon.
Assholes are common, reasonable people enjoy their interactions with other people and when they're not having fun, they usually end up whining.
But why are gamers shitty? Why am I enjoying my group? Why am I enjoying this group?
And why do I have a problem with a certain type of gamer culture?
-----
Heckler456: It's not exclusive to gamers. There are many more types of gamers out there than you are, and there's an inverse correlation between the amount of asshole type people in your group and the amount of asshole type people in your group.
-----
texhnolyze: I don't understand the purpose of this topic, to be honest.
I never heard of this, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone call a video game "a shitty game" or call it "retro."
-----
kennyamr: I think the term shitty is a synonym for a whole different type of mentality.
People are shitty because they don't like video games, they don't like other games, they don't like the medium.
-----
Phediuk: I like to think there's a difference between gamers and people who like video games.
-----
The Real Napsta: It's not exclusive to gamers. Being shitty is a whole different type of mentality.
-----
zombipuppy: Yeah but gamers are just bunch of impatient whining idiots. They don't like video games. They don't play them.
-----
TheRealNapster: I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I mean how do you know they're not into video games? There are a lot of trolls - like they're proud of themselves or whatever - but also they don't like being called shitty on purpose?
-----
Asbsand: I mean, of course they are. Some gamers are not shitty. Some gamers are not smart or hard of hearing. They don't like being called shitty because they're loud and angry.
There's a whole different type of person to biouse that mentality.

I feel like Phediuk and zombipuppy kind of nailed it here lol

You just don't understand. If we remake 4 in the PS1 game engine, the people will never expect it. The cash will come rolling in.

*Chef Kiss*

I think it's a genius idea actually, send it to Capcom

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
About died at this one

What's the best game that's ever been made?

Htown: I'm talking about games that have never been made, and I'm talking about games that have been made and still are made.

My main concern is this: what's the best game that's ever been made?

I'm more of a fan of games that were made and still are made, rather than games that were made and still are made. In my view, these games are generally not made by the people making them, but rather by the people who made them, and I think that's the best-selling title on Steam right now.

Let's break down what I think are the best games that have ever been made:

- Super Meat Boy

- Super Meat Boy 2

- Super Meat Boy 3

- Super Meat Boy 4

- Super Meat Boy 5

- Super Meat Boy 6

- Super Meat Boy 7

- Super Meat Boy 8

- Super Meat Boy 9

- Super Meat Boy 10

- Super Meat Boy 11

- Super Meat Boy 12

- Super Meat Boy 13

- Super Meat Boy 14

- Super Meat Boy 15

- Super Meat Boy 16

- Super Meat Boy 17

- Super Meat Boy 18

- Super Meat Boy 19

- Super Meat Boy 20

- Super Meat Boy 21

- Super Meat Boy 22

- Super Meat Boy 23

- Super Meat Boy 24

- Super Meat Boy 25

- Super Meat Boy 26

- Super Meat Boy 27

- Super Meat Boy 28

- Super Meat Boy 29

- Super Meat Boy 30

- Super Meat Boy 31

- Super Meat Boy 32

- Super Meat Boy 33

- Super Meat Boy 34

- Super Meat Boy 35

- Super Meat Boy 36

- Super Meat Boy 37

- Super Meat Boy 38

- Super Meat Boy 39

- Super Meat Boy 40

- Super Meat Boy 41

- Super Meat Boy 42

- Super Meat Boy 43

- Super Meat Boy 44

- Super Meat Boy 45

- Super Meat Boy 46

- Super Meat Boy 47

- Super Meat Boy 48

- Super Meat Boy 49

- Super Meat Boy 50

- Super Meat Boy 51

- Super Meat Boy 52

- Super Meat Boy 53

- Super Meat Boy 54

- Super Meat Boy 55

- Super Meat Boy 56

- Super Meat Boy 57

- Super Meat Boy 58
- Super Meat Boy 59

Truly delightful and I hope someday to become half as good at comedy as this neural network. It's funny, I went into compsci, among other things, to see if I could make a computer be funny, and here I am doing linear regressions in Java and not enumerating fake Super Meat Boy sequels and declaring them the best games of all time that ever existed.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
----
Picked it up in a sale because it seemed to have a strong story that really interests me.
I mean Jesus, I was just playing it for 5 minutes when the controller vibration hit me as I casually blocked the beam with my exercise bike.
I love this game so damn much

Loooool

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
----
I love this game so damn much

This is the thread of the month, for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
Weird. I think I found myself in the dumps but changed 'Tiny' for 'Chirpy', and cut the -'ño' out of 'Chihuahueño'. Looked for an user with that name and couldn't find him/her, so I guess it's me with a different name if such a thing is even possible.

The conversations are hilarious and could pass as actual Era discussions easily

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
UPDATE: my GPT-2 wrapper is now open source!

Thanks for sharing this. This GPT-2 model is blowing my mind.

Of all the methods which I have tried to generate Steam reviews for Artifact, this is the best by a large margin.

I have checked a few sentences to find out whether the model had copied them directly from the training data, and the answer is NO! Just wow!

This is so amazing. I am not even cherry-picking the best generated reviews. This OpenAI tool just works.

I hate Artifact so I know it's not for me) but I'm fine with buying the game, the mechanics are very good and it gives me a lot of satisfaction. I don't mind the microtransaction at all. The only problem is I'm not interested in playing that much anymore (besides Hearthstone where I started) and the progression seems a bit too steep. That's not to say I'm not interested, it's just not possible to become a daily player with the casual and the draft modes combined. I'm very interested in playing the expert modes and doing constructed, if that's your thing I'd probably consider it.
I hate Artifact, this game is literally pay 2 win and pay 2 lose. The only way to get new cards is to buy them at the shop. You cannot earn cards by playing the game. I am a computer player, I achieved a lot with computer games. I love the game. I played it a lot. I don't like it. Why? It's not fun. I'm not going to argue. The game is very simple, but I have spent a good amount of money on it, so it's not fun at all.
I love Artifact, so I bought it. I can't talk about the monetization, there is no way to earn cards for free. I don't want to take the time to talk about the other aspects of the game, like what cards you can get, what sort of decks you can play, and how things like hero spawns work. Please don't buy this game, it's not worth it at the moment. I've made more money from phantom draft than I would buying packs in Hearthstone. The price of the game is too expensive for my taste. I can't refund it, it's not worth it.
I love Artifact, I love its gameplay and I love its lore. But I also really love the monetization. I paid $15 and got Artifact for the first time, and it doesn't even cost that much to play competitively. I also got to actually buy cards that are worth more than the price of a pack, and it's not even gambling between packs! And there's the business model. You can buy cards, sell them, trade them. It's really quite cool. And the lore. It's really nice. I love the lore of Dota 2. It's deep and complex and I love it. But I love the fact that you can buy cards from other players. And the fact that you can trade them at will. The only way to get cards is by buying them. So this is the first TCG I've ever played (and a really good one at that), but Valve has really outdone them. They've really polished it up and I really like it. They have a free draft mode which is pretty cool. They have free tournaments which are really fun. They have free hero emote and they changed it from a very powerful card, so you can play them in the free modes which are really fun.

Last edited:

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
God of War's Cory Barlog on Death Stranding: "It will be a while's 'time to make those decisions'"

Strafer:
-----
vestan: I don't think this is really just a Cory Barlog tweet lol
-----
Savantcore: Hmmm.
-----
Strafer: well.
-----
JaeCryo: Hmmm.

🤔

JaeCryo: I had a 12.5 on my third in the last 6 months.
So far its gone but I still think its affecting me more.

it's*
I don't know what AI me is talking about, but it definitely is affecting me more

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
  1. ~!~Fighting EX Layer adds 3 new invincibility frames
  2. vestan:
  3. -----
  4. Dascu: I'm so happy this is coming to the west.
  5. -----
  6. Crazy Izanagi: Hey, I made a thread about this already.
  7. -----
  8. Dardan Sandiego: This is great to see
  9. -----
  10. Fat4all: I don't like that the game is so slow paced and complicated to juggle with that I don't get the feeling it's going to work
  11. -----
  12. Bjones: I hope it's good.
  13. -----
  14. Dizagaox: I'll bite.
  15. -----
  16. EVA UNIT 01: So good.
  17. -----
  18. BizzyBum: Huh, nice.
  19. -----
  20. daxy: Oh shit I need this.
  21. -----

The idea of threads of tiny balance changes in fighting games both baffles me and excites me

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing this. This GPT-2 model is blowing my mind.

Of all the methods which I have tried to generate Steam reviews for Artifact, this is the best by a large margin.

I have checked a few sentences to find out whether the model had copied them directly from the training data, and the answer is NO! Just wow!

This is so amazing. I am not even cherry-picking the best generated reviews. This OpenAI tool just works.

Those are all perfectly valid Artifact reviews.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
~!~Gears of War 4 - "this is the kind of entertainment I would not get if I was a girl"

Theorry: I know its a new one but I dont know if this one new kinda new at all.
"This is the kind of entertainment I would not get if I was a girl" is not a phrase I heard growing up but it doesnt mean I dont know how to say it. It has become a meme now. You see this every week or a few weeks or you dont know. Its like a new Netflix show or a new show excuse and thats it. Its just a meme now.
Its like nothing i thought of. I dont even know what kind of entertainment this is or how to say it. And thats not even getting better. There is no better feeling than seeing someone having a good time alone.
Spoiler
-----
Pancho: Boy oh boy oh boy
-----
Flux: Ha!
-----
Theorry: This is what I meant.
-----
Charpunk: Ha!
-----
Toumari: It's not the first time this has happened.
-----
Oheao: Good point, I thought it was thread already.
-----
Saint-14: This is how it should be, this is how it should be.
-----
Dmax3901: The strangest thing is that this thread isn't even related to the new Gears game.
-----
Holy shit man, AI Dmax3901 has a real brain.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
  1. ~!~I've bought a lot of Pokemon games on Switch
  2. Sesha: This is probably going to be an official thread, but I'll have to take a moment to elaborate. I bought a lot of things on Switch on the Switch, including a lot of Pokemon games as well as the games that I've played on other systems. I've finished my first 200+ Pokemon games or so, and this is my first purchase ever. It's not the best, but it's a lot of fun.
  3. I've played a lot of Pokemon, as well as the Pokemon games like the Sun & Moon, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and I've played a lot of Pokémon games as well as spin-offs.
  4. Anyway, after spending $100 in Switch games, I decided to buy a Switch. I've spent a lot of money on Pokemon games on other systems.
  5. Then I bought a 4-month deal for $15.
  6. I've been enjoying the Switch, and I've enjoyed playing tons of Pokemon games as well.
  7. I just haven't bought anything that I'm interested in, so I'm not exactly sure if that's what I'll buy.

Couldn't just someone make this thread and see how it unfolds?

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Hey I'm actually in these ones
~!~Danadrax: I think the next entry in the WarCraft III series will finally be on par with the original and not by a massive margin, much less in terms of content.

Deleted member 1258: There's a lot of misinformation out there, but I think Danadrax's quick research has me firmly on board.
This game would've been the better, shorter experience of the IP versus a very long build.
That being said, I think the short play style of the IP would have been a very good fit for StarCraft.
I'm very interested in Blizzard's plans for a StarCraft IV.
-----
Silky: So you're telling me that this is the SC2 of WarCraft?
I didn't even think they made a short version of SC2 at all
-----
Mazzle: We all know the answer.
It's the best of the lot
-----
Cort: I think it would of been an easy 5€ with the 20% off. I don't think it would have done much business because there was a lot of competition and the IP is relatively valuable, but I don't think it would have even been worth the extra price.
-----
Zatoichi: This. I think the current SC gameplay/etwork of the IP is far more interesting. I think it doesn't have much of an identity.
-----
Deleted member 1258: LOL, that's kind of a weird take
-----
Mazzle: There's a reason why the WarCraft community is so negative to WoD right now. It's to pad the calendar that you have to play all year.
-----
Runner: There's a reason why WarCraft is dropped so often. It's a competitive-only game with a small following among players for the microtransaction shit.
-----
Deleted member 1258: I agree. To get a better grasp of how WarCraft works, read here:
I know it's a "classic" IP, but it's still subpar in everything you listed. The balance is archaic, the custom games are trash, the RTS stuff didn't sell a damn ass.
-----
SuikerBrood: I don't think it's the best of the lot. It has a lot of potential but I'm not sure if it's all that much use.
I think a big problem for it is the control scheme.