• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
You lucked out on timing and pizza, as while most regular nyc pizzerias are solid, Bleecker Street is actually one of the best. It's great that you randomly or via yelp got to experience that. I remember giving you a few pointers on Fort Greene in your previous threads, glad to see you made it. Good photos as well.

OP
OP
Slipknot666

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
let's switch lives pls lol
let's do it lol

Heh, Ghostwriter! Calvin (one of the villains) on the show grew up a few blocks over from me, my mom is still friends with his mom.

wow that's really cool. I wonder what Joey Shea(Calvin) is doing nowadays

You lucked out on timing and pizza, as while most regular nyc pizzerias are solid, Bleecker Street is actually one of the best. It's great that you randomly or via yelp got to experience that. I remember giving you a few pointers on Fort Greene in your previous threads, glad to see you made it. Good photos as well.

Thanks for the pointers! I also wanted to try Julianna's in Brooklyn but they only sell pies and for a solo traveler that's too much lol

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Nice pictures, i guess you were using a DSLR or something similar for most of these photos and not a cellphone. Sure some phones take great photos these days but some of these photos looks like a DSLR or higher quality digital camera was used.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Love the thread.
Only question is why you it gave $3 to get into the Natural History Museum. The suggested price is $22 I believe and while they let you pay whatever you want, you chose to give them $3 taking advantage of something to allow poor people to experience an absolutely amazing museum. You spent more on pizza and t shirts than a worthy cause that needs the money

OP
OP
Slipknot666

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Nice pictures, i guess you were using a DSLR or something similar for most of these photos and not a cellphone. Sure some phones take great photos these days but some of these photos looks like a DSLR or higher quality digital camera was used.

Yes, it's a Canon T6. The cheapest DSLR out there but way bettee

Love the thread.
Only question is why you it gave $3 to get into the Natural History Museum. The suggested price is $22 I believe and while they let you pay whatever you want, you chose to give them $3 taking advantage of something to allow poor people to experience an absolutely amazing museum. You spent more on pizza and t shirts than a worthy cause that needs the money

I was tight on money and even though I spent only $3 dollars on the museum it's not like I didn't support the local economy(food, lodging, transportation)

Last edited:

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Love the thread.
We don't know what OP's financial situation is like. Going on a small vacation to NYC doesn't make one financially well off.

Pizza can also be pretty cheap in NYC, and since us New Yorkers love to brag about how amazing our Pizza, is I wouldn't begrudge any tourist from spending extra money for good pizza in NYC, since after all, it's part of the NYC experience.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, it's a Canon T6. The cheapest DSLR out there but way bettee

I was tight on money and even though I spent only $3 dollars on the museum it's not like I didn't support the local economy(food, lodging, transportation)
That doesn't go-to the museum. It was seeing the context of buying Nintendo shirts and then giving 3 to the museum that caught my attention. Priorities, whatever, you do you

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I will never not take for granted living here. Maybe I should hang out with some tourists in the future.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to say thanks OP.
Growing up in North New Jersey (Elizabeth, the city right next to Newark) initially, then going to school in NYC so living there for about 6 years, and now living about 40 minutes away, and actually starting a new job there this Monday (working remote for the time being), I am no doubt spoiled living so close to the greatest city in the US for sure. Maybe on the planet but I do not know that since I have not visited many of them and would like to.
Truth is I often take it for granted.
To me NYC and most of the 5 boroughs (I have the least amount experience with Queens) is just a part of my life.

But to see it through your eyes, someone who is just seeing it for the first time, makes me realize what a truly amazing place it is.
So I thank you for sharing your experience and pictures.

It helps put things in perspective, and it may help this eventual commute I am facing once I get back to work a little bit better. I will try to remind myself when I am on the train or bus or driving in (going to experiment) that I am off to work in the Big Apple.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Love the thread.
This is anecdotal but every time I've been to that museum for school or whatever the staff always says give like 50¢ or $1. There is no obligation or shame to pay what you want. And it's encouraged when you go there. But in doing so you miss out
On seeing some of the special "show" exhibits they do like the space show in the planetarium. You did good OP and it's nice to see someone visit more than midtown. Next time check the MoMA or The MET and as i said before absolutely visit queens next time you'll really appreciate it especially if you want some great food and experience New York's diversity in full

plus

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you enjoyed your trip! I remember seeing your trip planning threads so it's good to see that you were able to do stuff before the city went into quarantine

OP
OP
Slipknot666

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Just want to say thanks OP.
Growing up in North New Jersey (Elizabeth, the city right next to Newark) initially, then going to school in NYC so living there for about 6 years, and now living about 40 minutes away, and actually starting a new job there this Monday (working remote for the time being), I am no doubt spoiled living so close to the greatest city in the US for sure. Maybe on the planet but I do not know that since I have not visited many of them and would like to.
Truth is I often take it for granted.
To me NYC and most of the 5 boroughs (I have the least amount experience with Queens) is just a part of my life.

But to see it through your eyes, someone who is just seeing it for the first time, makes me realize what a truly amazing place it is.
So I thank you for sharing your experience and pictures.

It helps put things in perspective, and it may help this eventual commute I am facing once I get back to work a little bit better. I will try to remind myself when I am on the train or bus or driving in (going to experiment) that I am off to work in the Big Apple.

Thanks for your kind word, man. It was truly an experience of a lifetime for me. NYC surpassed my expectations to be honest. Granted I only was there for 4 days but I just felt in love with the city and that's why I want to go back and experience more of what the city has to offer.

This was how the city welcomed me the first time I went above ground from the subway. How can I not love it? Lmao

D0-ABFA90-E5-DC-46-E8-8093-DF7-BC798-CAAB.jpg