• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
latest

From the creator of Phoenix Wright, this DS Game is a master piece that I'm still mad no one played. The game has you as a time travelling ghost who can prevent peoples death as long as they are within a certain timeframe in the past, while investigating the mystery of your own murder. I've been making it a personal mission to borrow my copy to as many people as possible and so far everyone has loved it. It has a great cast of characters, an interesting premise, smooth animation and a killer soundtrack. So why exactly did it perform poorly? I guess someone with more knowledge can fill that in.

But for me, all I want is the game to be given a second chance. Look at how nice this looks:

29854b160f2541dad5ce8881cb88fc99.gif

Now imagine this in a higher resolution, or if possible with the Capcom engine they have been using for the recent PW games.

The game is perfect for the Switch as I believe its a great game to enjoy on the go, but honestly they should just release in every system available, this is a game worth playing.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They'd probably just ruin the sprite art by vectorizing it like they did with Ace Attorney.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I hope its part of the Ace Attorney Ports/Remasters Switch is gonna get this year. Ghost Trick deserves another release.
Hell who know...maybe it performs well enough for a seq...okay ill stop.

If you only care about the HD graphics - its on iOS and that version is amazing too.
Shouldn't this go in the Switch port-begging OT/discussion thread?
Stop this.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
If Capcom honestly made this a reality and expected me to buy it i would do it in a heartbeat. Ghost Trick is legitimately one of my favorite games of all time.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, Capcom keeps updating the iOS version to keep it compatible (the iOS 11/iPhone X patch literally went up earlier today.)

On the other hand, they've never bothered to port it to Android.

So who knows. I'm probably going to replay the DS version soon so if they are going to port it to Switch or elsewhere I hope they announce it sooner rather than later, lol.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Possibly the best DS game, which alone indicates what an achievement this game was. A rare game that I instantly replayed after beating the first time, without there be any New Game+ style feature to incentivize that. I figured out the major twist ahead of time and I loved watching it all come together.

The game was actually featured in that Dead Rising 4 update, so it's not as if Capcom's forgotten about it. Seems easy enough to port the iOS version, so I think the odds are actually decent.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope its part of the Ace Attorney Ports/Remasters Switch is gonna get this year. Ghost Trick deserves another release.
Hell who know...maybe it performs well enough for a seq...okay ill stop.

If you only care about the HD graphics - its on iOS and that version is amazing too.

Stop this.
Sadly I don't have an iPhone =(, but I assume porting it to another systems should be easy. I wonder why they never bothered with the Android version.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I've greatly enjoyed every Ace Attorney game I've played and Ghost Trick is better than them all. Loved the iOS version & am sad that I don't currently have an iOS device that can play it. Would definitely pick up a Switch port.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
If I recall correctly, all the assets in Ghost Trick on DS are actually sprites, not 3D models despite the styling. So the only way to play the game in HD is the iOS version, which looks fantastic.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The game was actually featured in that Dead Rising 4 update, so it's not as if Capcom's forgotten about it. Seems easy enough to port the iOS version, so I think the odds are actually decent.

At the same time I specifically remember Capcom blaming Ghost Trick for their poor financial report during the fiscal year it was released. The way the game was thrown under the bus without warning makes me wonder if they'll bother ever again.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly I don't have an iPhone =(, but I assume porting it to another systems should be easy. I wonder why they never bothered with the Android version.
Yes, i figured that.
Either way a Switch version would be nice. If TWEWY can be revived for Switch...i think Ghost Trick has a fair shot as well. Especially since Capcom has trouble bringing their bigger games to Switch right now. Something like Ghost Trick in addition to the Ace Attorney games would make many fans happy.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
A port begging thread? Nice! Let's just make it legal seriously, I got a couple suggestions too, I want SMT 4 & Apocalypse in one package. We also need the AA games something fierce.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But why? Just for the graphic update? I played it last year on DS and it looked, sounded, and played totally fine. It didn't age a bit. If you want higher resolution you can play on mobile.

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That would be amazing. God, Ghost Trick was just so damn special. I miss Takumi's games :(. The man knows how to play with your expectations and make you grin like a kid in every one of his games, or just immerse you completely.

TIME IS PASSING...

The revelations in this game... man. I need to play it again.

TIME IS PASSING...

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
At the same time I specifically remember Capcom blaming Ghost Trick for their poor financial report during the fiscal year it was released. The way the game was thrown under the bus without warning makes me wonder if they'll bother ever again.

To be fair, I think it got a decent amount of promo in Japan and still bombed there.

I remember when it came out in America they ran a promotion of "buy Ghost Trick and get a copy of PW:AA!" if you bought it directly from Capcom, so you could tell they were trying to piggyback off the success of the early AA games in America, but that didn't really work.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like Edgeworth episodes, the iOS port use (these beautifully animated) old sprites but refined 2D artwork, a must-have for iStuff owners. I am always wondering is what kind of game Shu Takumi would do with an AAA budget.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
The game really bombed at that time so I doubt Capcom wants to spend resources on a re-release.

Ghost Trick is amazing, though. It really shows the creativity of its creatore. I hope more games like this will follow.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Hotel Dusk and Elite Beat Agents as well

Bring all the DS cult classics over

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Shouldn't this go in the Switch port-begging OT/discussion thread?

The OP is not only expressing his desire to see a game in a concrete system. He has also created an elaborated message and love letter, trying to put a not so well known game in the radar of the people. He has created a topic that serves to express our fond memories with the game. And it's fine to see in Resetera topics talking about games that are not blockbusters or million sellers, because video games are a medium about diversity, with an incredible range of genres and aesthetics outside shiny 3D games with blockbuster production budgets.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The iOS version shows us they already have everything at a suitable resolution, so I don't see why they couldn't do it. But they won't.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
The OP is not only expressing his desire to see a game in a concrete system. He has also created an elaborated message and love letter, trying to put a not so well known game in the radar of the people. He has created a topic that serves to express our fond memories with the game. And it's fine to see in Resetera topics talking about games that are not blockbusters or million sellers, because video games are a medium about diversity, with an incredible range of genres and aesthetics outside shiny 3D games with blockbuster production budgets.
Yeah you are right, I regret my post.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Don't toy with my heart.

Best animations on a handheld game pre-Switch.

Cabanela_dance.gif

And who can forget the Panic Dance!
tumblr_meov2vfgD61rywvnho1_500.gif

Would love to see what they can do with modern hardware.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Never played the original, so would love this. I'm trying to phase my 3DS out after Radiant, I think, so a port would be cool.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Trick is incredible, though I'm not necessarily clamoring for a re-release. It was looked and played great when it first released, and it still does.

Ghost Trick is the only game Takumi made after Phoenix Wright 1 that I like as much as Phoenix Wright 1. In fact, I actually like Ghost Trick slightly more. It's not as episodic as Phoenix Wright, instead being a larger continuous story, and it takes advantage of that to build a deeper mystery. And solving that mystery is so compelling. It's very much a "page turner" of a game -- I remember when I first played it I couldn't put it down, always wanting to go just a little bit further to see what happened next.

Status
Not open for further replies.