• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe I'm saying this. I tend to really prefer combat. I still do, this is likely just a palatte cleanser. But I've been thinking about how fun Ubisoft's worlds are to explore..but they kind of empty out after a while once you're done killing people.

I'd love to have something along the lines of Assassin Creed's historical tour mode...but in a modern city and with something to actually do. Like, thinking of ways to build up your character to be good at things that aren't necessarily killing people more efficiently. I'm not saying combat can't be present in the game, but it would come second to other things you could do.

It could be a world where you could do street races, go on dates, try to make a successful band. Basically, put all the work you would put into destruction and conflict into variety for other cool shit. There's other things that can be added, I'm basically just spitballing. But I feel like putting the work they did into Watch Dogs 2's San Francisco into a city like Seattle that could have an inclusive cast of characters players could interact with without killing them.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Honestly I mostly roamed around WD2's San Fran. It's so next-gen even today, I love the AI, buildings/environments, and the general feel of the city itself. Having gone to SF in 2019 I recognized a lot of the buildings from the game. Ubisoft did an amazing job with WD2 and I think their game is only going to get better over time.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
I know that feeling, like why can't I get out the car and just become a shepherd for the rest of my time in Forza Horizon 4?

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like San Andres came close to this? You could honestly ignore the main game and live an honest life working as an EMT, Taxi Driver, work out, go on dates, etc.

There's a role-playing server for GTAV I happened upon in this let's play. Everyone (except the let's-player) was taking the world completely seriously. Cops read rights, mentions of lawyers, people obeying traffic laws and other normal societal rules. It seemed wild.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
So ubisofts take on the sims maybe? I'd be curious in seeing how that plays out. Probably could use the watch dogs 3 system for it too already as well

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Watch_Dogs was their perfect opportunity to do just this, but 3 times now they've succumbed to just making them into shooty-bang-bang games. Remember those first previews for Legion that were talking up how you could play as a little old lady? Wouldn't it have been more interesting if she was a valuable crew member because she had some unique non-combat skillset? Too bad, because turns out she was just an ex-assassin and everybody got a good laugh out of grandma pulling a giant gun out of her purse.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I prefer much already do this with their games. Just walk around doing nothing in particular, looking at all the immense detail Nd what random shit the NPCs are doing.

James_liv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I'd love an open world adventure game which doesnt have a combat game focus.

I love exploring in games but every game involves killing and it's gotten painfully thin.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love an open world adventure game which doesnt have a combat game focus.

I love exploring in games but every game involves killing and it's gotten painfully thin.
I agree. I want a cool game where the main verb isn't "kill." It's the most reductive way to interact, and also the least realistic! I would love a complex layered game where killing is treated as the taboo it actually is in real life.

Oct 27, 2017
I would love an open world Phoenix Wright game or something. Something where combat is pretty much zero, but you get to know people by doing little jobs for them, seeing them go about their daily schedules and interacting with them and then when they die or get wrongly accused of a crime you can feel emotional investment in defending the innocent and what not. It could reward you for building those social relationships. It would add so much to the impact of betrayals as well. That would be wonderful. Come on Capcom.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
i'd like to see them go full on with fantasy setting, they have a great eye for world building. go the dragon's dogma route and introduce co-op multiplayer...

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I get this feeling a bit from Hitman games. It's really fun when you have to embody a role for a significant amount of time.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Japan tourism simulator:

- Side activities of the Yakuza games
- Go Kart on Akihabara
- Hike on Mt. Fuji
- Participate in Spring Festivals
- Get lost in Aokigahara at Night
- Summer fireworks
- Winter at Sapporo
- VR simulation of USJ and Disneyland rides
- Collect Gashapon

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be down with this. No need to eliminate it completely, but reduce the importance and frequency of it.

Maybe rare sniper shooting and nothing else.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Watch Dogs 2 is at it's best when played non-lethally using only your hacks and gadgets. The enemies are only in the way of your objective, which is far removed from combat.

See^

I kind of see using gadgets, hacking, robots and stealth as combat too. Reading the OP I'm thinking of a totally different pace of game.

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs 2 is at it's best when played non-lethally using only your hacks and gadgets. The enemies are only in the way of your objective, which is far removed from combat.

See^

Eh, I was never really a fan of how they handled combat in WD2. Like, I enjoy the idea of either shooting my way out or hacking. WD2 made that shit nearly impossible.
Japan tourism simulator:

- Side activities of the Yakuza games
- Go Kart on Akihabara
- Hike on Mt. Fuji
- Participate in Spring Festivals
- Get lost in Aokigahara at Night
- Summer fireworks
- Winter at Sapporo
- VR simulation of USJ and Disneyland rides
- Collect Gashapon

lol, I guess I'm playing Yakuza 7.

Jaxeo

Oct 31, 2017
I wish walking was an option in The Crew games ngl. It'd be super fun just to rat race across the map on foot with friends.

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
So ubisofts take on the sims maybe? I'd be curious in seeing how that plays out. Probably could use the watch dogs 3 system for it too already as well

Yeah, this is something more along the lines of what I was thinking. But I'm also thinking along the lines of having your usual "quests" in there, except you do quests that don't involve killing people. Leveling up would mean different things depending on what you were doing in the game.